Nexus 4 "bumper" appears under the radar, who bought one?

Guest Zarch1972

Guest Zarch1972

"Customize your Nexus 4 with a lightweight bumper case."

Priced at £15.99 plus £5.99 delivery from the Play Store.

It appears to give no direct protection to the front or the back of the device, but sounds like it stops the phone sitting directly onto a desk by raising it and potentially giving some shock protection to the corners too?

And another reason to leave the back open would be to allow the wireless charging to work?

There appears to be internet chatter that strongly denies any iPhone "antenna-gate" style reason for the bumper. :)

If anyone has ordered one of these with their Nexus 4 we'd love to hear what you think of it when it arrives. And pictures would be wonderful. ;)

22 quid after shipping seems a little steep to me though?

Source [ Google Play ]

13-Nov-2012_Nexus 4 Bumper.jpg

Click here to view the item

Guest 3shirts

I saw it when I was getting ready to order and thought about adding one but even £16 is a bit much for a bit of rubber. I'm sure there will be good unofficial ones soon enough.

Guest ChrisPNE

A plastic case shouldn't affect an electric field in any way and Qi charging works upto a maximum distance of 40mm so I can't see the issue with a full case.

Guest Michealtbh

Very expensive, but I bought one to test if my prepaid MasterCard will work with devices on the Play Store (it did). It's useful to me though as I want protection from drops without ruining the looks of the phone.

So now I have a N4 bumper and a Best Skins Ever full body skin ordered, but no N4. I hope Google get more stock soon.

I pondered for a couple of seconds on that bumper while trying to order the N4.

Finally I didn't take it, although it looks good on the picture.

I'll wait for other colours or 3rd party cases.

However with this sweet holo pattern on the back I'm definitely going for a bumper-style case.

Guest comicbookguy

I pondered for a couple of seconds on that bumper while trying to order the N4.

Finally I didn't take it, although it looks good on the picture.

I'll wait for other colours or 3rd party cases.

However with this sweet holo pattern on the back I'm definitely going for a bumper-style case.

Guest masterpfa

Ordered mine today along with a Nexus 7. I decided that I wouldn't order the Bumper separately especial at £5.00 just for the delivery and didn't want to risk it delaying or holding up any future Nexus 4 order.

Just like @trishmac said, I would love a CaseMate "Barely There" for this phone, I've had these cases for my Nexus 1 and Desire HD, they do the job.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest trishmac

Bought one of these

GBP2.49! Bargain - fits perfectly etc

Ive got that one too! :P (3 now :blush: ) It actually gives it the best protection. Esp on days out..but at home i like sleek minimalistic ^_^

Guest masterpfa
Bought one of theseGBP2.49! Bargain - fits perfectly etc
Same here just waiting for my delivery.I gave up on the Bumper and Google especially as when I ordered mine it had a 3-5 day delivery, yet somehow it has managed to go out of stock.I had also ordered a Hard Case from ebay, but being a Hong Kong seller who knows when that will arrive despite being shipped 10 days ago.

Edit: Time to change my devices...... it's finally arrived, welcome to the family Nexus 4

Edited by masterpfa

Guest trishmac

Aha similar to the one I've ordered, how long did it take for yours to arrive?

I ordered it on Nov 24th and it arrived Dec 17th.. but it's worth the wait IMO ^_^

Guest masterpfa

I ordered it on Nov 24th and it arrived Dec 17th.. but it's worth the wait IMO ^_^

Thanks

Currently walking around with cushions all around for fear of dropping mine, even indoors :(

Guest trishmac

@masterpfa..i was like that too for ages..fell out of love a little when it got a few nicks..still don't know how, as it practically lived in a pouch. Most fragile phone ever! But all is forgiven again :P

Guest trishmac

Got mine delivered today. Nice case hardly anything to it but seems to offer very good protection.

But I think I will still keep my S-Line Gel case for more all round protection, when out and about.

Hi..same here..but much prefer the feel of a minimalist case in daily use.. Gel case allows you to just breeatthhe again lol :P x

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.