2442 replies to this topic

yrxe

yrxe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:g300
Hi,

could someone share another link for download. Seems that original mirror is dead... :(

Pain_Deluxe

Pain_Deluxe

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Interests:skating,hardware,cars
  • Devices:Huawei G300 [email protected]
yeah getcm is temporally offline

nitso

nitso

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Devices:Hauwei G300
thanks for the rom

antitauon

antitauon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
I originally used CM 10.0, then 10.1, then I wanted a more 'solid'/stable ROM and went to CM9... but I'm still not quite happy with it.

Whenever I unlock my G300 after some idle period it's just so horribly slow... and yes, this does go away after a while (20 seconds... ish), but it often makes any snappy use of my smartphone impossible. (Like "Let me just quickly look that up... oh wait... not so quickly")

Maybe I'm just asking too much from a phone running ICS with 512 MB of RAM, but maybe you can fix it, and in that case, please do fix it... thanks!

Edited by antitauon, 04 March 2013 - 02:38 PM.

ficko98

ficko98

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
when lg gt540 (180mb ram for user) can run jelly bean very well then g300 can also, and daz is on that way to make it perfect.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts
Have you tried other ROMs such as Infusion, Stock+, Slim, Lightning, Meija etc.?

http://www.modaco.co...updated-150213/

For what it's worth I don't notice such lag on Stock+ so far. I found CM10.1 quite laggy unfortunately.

Pain_Deluxe

Pain_Deluxe

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Interests:skating,hardware,cars
  • Devices:Huawei G300 [email protected]
For Best Multitasking backgrade to Atomic or other GB rom.

But GB is not cool anymore right........

I have use all ICS and JB roms but gb are the fastes

intensedarkness

intensedarkness

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Devices:G300, Y300, Desire, Nexus 4
I can confirm I'm also facing the automatic backlight setting not working. Light sensor is stuck at 10 lx too.
Call volume is fine here.
CM9 2030 baseband.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts
My light sensor works but I seem to recall Dom's Diagnostic Tools reporting it stuck at 10lux too...

http://www.modaco.co...20#entry2096774
http://www.modaco.co...20#entry2096559

intensedarkness

intensedarkness

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
No need for test apps. See Settings->Automatic brightness ->Light levels->Edit other levels in CM9. It tells you in the top left corner. Are people seeing varying readings here?

Also, when putting brightness on automatic, the brightness/backlight levels remain constant. To be clear, the light sensor seems to be reading low light levels, and therefore screen backlight levels remain at the lowest value.

Is anyone here on CM9 R9 actually using automatic brightness where it actually changes according to ambient lighting conditions?

To test this, put brightnes levels on automatic. Then hold it under a bright light and see if screen brightness (ie. screen backlight levels) increases.

Edited by intensedarkness, 05 March 2013 - 12:09 PM.

samjam

samjam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
Settings storage shows that I have free:
134MB Internal
16.5 GB on SD
1.51GB on other internal

Also settings/apps claims 268MB internal free (different from 134MB I know)

Yet if I try to update Facebook or Chrome or other large apps it fails with the error insufficient memory.

How can this be?

Edited by samjam, 06 March 2013 - 06:15 PM.

samjam

samjam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
Well it worked this time...

tkdfilipe

tkdfilipe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I can confirm I'm also facing the automatic backlight setting not working. Light sensor is stuck at 10 lx too and i dont see changes in low/high light.

nitso

nitso

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Devices:Hauwei G300

I can confirm I'm also facing the automatic backlight setting not working. Light sensor is stuck at 10 lx too and i dont see changes in low/high light.

I confirm this issue too

intensedarkness

intensedarkness

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
How about slower system perfomance and occasional apps not responding after about 36 hours of up time?
Anyone seeing this too?

mr_mufy

mr_mufy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Interests:TICs/Electronics.
    Btt
  • Devices:ZTE - Blade / Huawei G300

How about slower system perfomance and occasional apps not responding after about 36 hours of up time?
Anyone seeing this too?

This it's the problem on all the CM roms, and the louder in call volume.
At list for me.

Mr_mufy

AMFerreira

AMFerreira

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I've installed yesterday the CM 9 R9 and until now my feedback is very positive, it's way better than my previous rom that was a stock rom... I've to congratulate the developers and say thank you for sharing with us this rom.

I've only just some complaints till now about CM 9 R9. But maybe someone here could help me or if anyone could, they stay just as feedback for the developers : )

1. I can't define a custom .mp3 sound/rigntone to the SMS Ringtone. I'm only allowed to choose one of the stock sounds of CM9 R9. My ringtones (they are in a folder in the SD) doesn't appear. It's a bit strange because when I choose the calls ringtone my ringtones appear ok for being chosen. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

2. The auto-brightness feature is not working at all, I've tested it many times and no sign of being working.
It's just like intensedarkness said:

Also, when putting brightness on automatic, the brightness/backlight levels remain constant. To be clear, the light sensor seems to be reading low light levels, and therefore screen backlight levels remain at the lowest value.

3. I think that it would be useful, at least for me it would, if we would be able to control the brightness [Save Mode, Normal, Max Bright, Auto] by pushing down the status bar. What I mean by this is that we should have an icon just like the others to turn on/off GPS, Wireless, Mute/Vibrate, etc.

Sorry for my bad English, is it understandable? :)

Edited by AMFerreira, 09 March 2013 - 12:43 PM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts

1. I can't define a custom .mp3 sound/rigntone to the SMS Ringtone. I'm only allowed to choose one of the stock sounds of CM9 R9. My ringtones (they are in a folder in the SD) doesn't appear. It's a bit strange because when I choose the calls ringtone my ringtones appear ok for being chosen. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Any use?

http://www.modaco.co...age-tone-issue/
http://www.modaco.co...fault-ringtone/
http://www.modaco.co...g-call-problem/

Edited by dalyer, 09 March 2013 - 01:22 PM.

hippy dave

hippy dave

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Devices:G300, Hudl
The 109808 build is still running well, I've Greenified a couple of apps and the phone's still smooth after 5 days of uptime.
I had a quirk with the Wi-Fi, after booting it would say it was connected, but wouldn't actually work until I toggled Wi-Fi off and on again. Not a big deal.
Auto brightness isn't working here either, sounds like that's not just on this baseband tho.
Can't remember if there have been any other issues. Certainly no 3g reboots, tho they were very rare for me anyway. This is very useable as a daily rom, almost as fast as cm7 and with better features and compatibility.

AMFerreira

AMFerreira

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users