• Please log in to reply
2442 replies to this topic

D4rius

D4rius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
well I installed it and I cant test is because when phone boots it says that "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped".

predragiPredrag

predragiPredrag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

well I installed it and I cant test is because when phone boots it says that "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped".

Try with different gapps.

x80jdc

x80jdc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:G300, Orange San Francisco

Hello all..

I have gone back to cm9.1 after testing cm10.1 for a while.

I flashed nightly 05/07 following a reset

- I still have the call volume sound fluctuate, some are reporting this is fixed.

- Streaming media to my Bluetooth car stereo keeps losing the sound... example... jango plays through all of first song, second song starts playing but no sound heard. Calls are not affected at any point with sound being played through car speakers. This was not experienced on 10.1 any ideas what this could be down to?... Possible fix?

Would appreciate your views : )

Have tried the latest build 19/07/2013. I still have issue on this rom streaming music to Bluetooth stereo. Daz.. Is there any info I can provide to look at possible fix? Apart from this, it is perfect for everyday use.

predragiPredrag

predragiPredrag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

cm9 20130712 is much better now.
- sound in call is good, but still - volume works partialy. no echo of my own voice...

I have this problem on cm9 20130719.. Can we just use settings from original ICS Huawei rom, or libs for volume??
Is that even possible? Because it is strange that in call volume and clarity is ongoing issue.

p.s. Restarting the phone after you set volume puts in call volume in position you want. It is bad solution, but it works :)

Also if Daz can make call quality like in Baidu rom, or stock than we would have all rounder :)

Edited by predragiPredrag, 21 July 2013 - 02:59 PM.

penthaler

penthaler

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Twitter:@penthaler
predragiPredrag - CM9 is not based on stock ROM and I think, that it is not based on huawei either.
If you want to use call volume, you dont have to restart phone -> just make a call, press vol- to lowest and after that once or twice pressing vol+ will be the one you will like.

DAZZAZO - could you tell cyanogenmod developers, that "phone font messing" must be really linked to overclocking? After a week of using default max frequency (1008) I dont see any font mess. Yesterday overclocked to 1152Mhz and after few hours font mess back again xD

hippy dave

hippy dave

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Devices:G300, Hudl
The text corruption definitely used to happen to me at stock clock speed, only once in a while but it definitely happened.

predragiPredrag

predragiPredrag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

predragiPredrag - CM9 is not based on stock ROM and I think, that it is not based on huawei either.
If you want to use call volume, you dont have to restart phone -> just make a call, press vol- to lowest and after that once or twice pressing vol+ will be the one you will like.

I know it is not based on stock rom ;) I just wanted to know is it possible to use sound settings, because in Viber/Skype in call quality/loudness is perfect.
There are only issues with call quality/loudness in standard phone app. Yes the quality is better than in older versions but it is still not god as stoc eom.
And lowering volume to lowest and that to higher steps didn't increase volume...volume staid low..

Fukoh

Fukoh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
how do i switch from experimental to nightly? just download and load the ROM in CWM? will it delete data/apps etc?

makayk

makayk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

how do i switch from experimental to nightly? just download and load the ROM in CWM? will it delete data/apps etc?

I tried the upgrade but some app frozed after this process.

My steps:
1. create backup with Titanium Backup (backup all app and all data)
2. restart phone and start recovery menu
3. factory reset
4. install new firmware, Google app and Link2SD
5. set up Wifi/3G, login with your Google account
6. Install Titanium from Play Market (and nothing else)
7. Configure Link2SD to automatically create links for apps (you can use the 2GB storage too)
8. restore backup with Titanium: restore all application and their data
9. restore Market links with Titanium: Market Doctor
10. restore Android ID with Titanium (optional)

penthaler

penthaler

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
Some apps "frozed"? Do you mean stop working, right?

Did you install GAPPS?
Why do you install Link2SD? It is unnecessary app, dont see any point of using it, when STOCK and CM ROMs both could use msd as primary memory
What version of TB u use?

Some apps could have bad backup files, try to recover them from TB with data and if it doesnt help, delete them, download and install from GP (market) and recover only their data.

Restoring market links? WTF?! That is absolutly useless. Your device is registered to your account and any app you download direct from GP is linked to your account (email). So you can only recover them via TB or only install from unofficial source...

Restoring Android ID - ok, should be the next problem of it, but should prevent those troubles... Did it only once, since that time restoring and flashing many times without "restoring" or "changing" Android ID...

I think that the main thing which damage some of your apps is STEP 7 - Configuring that link2sd. 2GB storage you can use for backups or anything or only as a "usb flash disc" only...

predragiPredrag

predragiPredrag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Also vibration is not working for notification...this issue is present for some time.

penthaler

penthaler

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
You have to set vibration for notification, in my phone it works well.

makayk

makayk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Answers in original post.

Some apps "frozed"? Do you mean stop working, right?
Yepp

Did you install GAPPS?
Yepp. Step 4 "Google app"

Why do you install Link2SD? It is unnecessary app, dont see any point of using it, when STOCK and CM ROMs both could use msd as primary memory
Answer see bellow

What version of TB u use?
Latest version: 6.0.5.1 Pro (licensed)

Some apps could have bad backup files, try to recover them from TB with data and if it doesnt help, delete them, download and install from GP (market) and recover only their data.
Faster if I restore the apps. I don't need clicking on my computer or via phone in market app.

Restoring market links? WTF?! That is absolutly useless. Your device is registered to your account and any app you download direct from GP is linked to your account (email). So you can only recover them via TB or only install from unofficial source...
I checked TB and an apps have a lot of status. The system recognized the apps as "restored" apps. I don't know what make TB in the background, but it is relinking the apps..... and everything working perfectly, I receive the new versions from Play. (I have ~150 apps on my phone)
I have some app from unofficial source but these apps are for special usage (eg.: Droidsheep, K9Mail etc.)

Restoring Android ID - ok, should be the next problem of it, but should prevent those troubles... Did it only once, since that time restoring and flashing many times without "restoring" or "changing" Android ID...
Sometimes easier and you don't need to wait till your reinstalled phone appear in Play :)

I think that the main thing which damage some of your apps is STEP 7 - Configuring that link2sd. 2GB storage you can use for backups or anything or only as a "usb flash disc" only...
OK, you are using as USB drive. I am using as app storage. With this solution I have 2,7GB internal storage + microSD. I have some app which is running only from "internal" storage, I cannot move to SD. I think it depends on end user. This feature is useful for me :D

Edited by makayk, 22 July 2013 - 06:30 PM.

Fukoh

Fukoh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I tried the upgrade but some app frozed after this process.

My steps:
1. create backup with Titanium Backup (backup all app and all data)
2. restart phone and start recovery menu
3. factory reset
4. install new firmware, Google app and Link2SD
5. set up Wifi/3G, login with your Google account
6. Install Titanium from Play Market (and nothing else)
7. Configure Link2SD to automatically create links for apps (you can use the 2GB storage too)
8. restore backup with Titanium: restore all application and their data
9. restore Market links with Titanium: Market Doctor
10. restore Android ID with Titanium (optional)

Thanks, it would be pretty usefull to have this steps in the first post :D

predragiPredrag

predragiPredrag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

You have to set vibration for notification, in my phone it works well.

I have selected vibration in messages settings, did I missed something?

makayk

makayk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Thanks, it would be pretty usefull to have this steps in the first post :D

THX :)

rabaip

rabaip

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
Is there any way to remap the hardware keys just like it's possible in cm10 and 10.1?

Razor3000

Razor3000

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
The loudspeaker volume is too low during calls

15735.png

rabaip

rabaip

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
Daz, in the next cm9 build, could you please add the hardware key remap feature from cm10?

BrotherII

BrotherII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Daz, can you add 2-way call recording?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users