bidzapfc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Meeting someone's mother
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Apex doesnt work on gb

I'm on Stock+ at the moment. If I use Titanium Backup and "Backup all user apps + system data" will that include user data? Will I then be able to use "Restore missing apps + all system data" after flashing CM7 or another ROM and have everything back as it was, including my launcher (Apex) and the icon layouts?

I'm also using "Link2INT" (or maybe Link2SD, I honestly can't remember or tell as the icon for both shows Link2SD as I recall, so is there a way to check which is being used?), so will Titanium restore the links as well? If not, how would I restore them, other than re-installing each app to the default location and then linking them again which I obviously don't want to have to do?

Apex doesnt work on gb, sorry

If you are reading this, then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second of your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty you can't honestly think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed by authority that you give respect and credence to all who demand it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job, start a fight, prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity, you will become a statistic. You have been warned. ~ Tyler

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Hmm, maybe I won't switch to GB then ;)  I rather like Apex, although I probably don't use half it's features and may well find another GB-compatible launcher that has all the features I actually need/use.

More of an issue would be having to add all the icons to the screens manually again, which is quite tedious, although some launchers let you import from others, so if Nova, which I used before Apex, works on GB that might be an option as that can import.

Another concern would be finding that some of my apps just don't work on GB, which is probably the case. I'll probably still try GB though, once I'm sure I know how to backup and restore everything properly, as it should be easy enough to switch back if I find it unsuitable. I think a lot of my problems come from running low on RAM though and I believe that ICS is meant to have better memory management than GB, so switching might not help me at all.

bidzapfc

bidzapfc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Nova also works only on 4.x.

As for ram management, ics apk have bigger memory footprint than gb ones. It mainly comes because of extensive options in ics and latter. take google search for example. Google search in ics+ has 29mb apk size. It has google now and stuff like that built in. And gb google search has 3mb and it is a simple search engine.

If you are reading this, then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second of your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty you can't honestly think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed by authority that you give respect and credence to all who demand it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job, start a fight, prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity, you will become a statistic. You have been warned. ~ Tyler

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Hmm, sounds like I might struggle to find a launcher I like for GB then. I'll probably still try it when I get a chance and if the performance is much better (and I can still use the apps I want/need) then I'll have to think about settling for a different launcher that doesn't do everything I want.

Edited by doveman, 09 December 2013 - 11:40 AM.

predragiPredrag

predragiPredrag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Hmm, sounds like I might struggle to find a launcher I like for GB then. I'll probably still try it when I get a chance and if the performance is much better (and I can still use the apps I want/need) then I'll have to think about settling for a different launcher that doesn't do everything I want.

This is best ICS like launcher for GB. It even has kit kat looks in last update :)

https://play.google....nt.hololauncher

roshii

roshii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Hi all,

I have been using CM 9.1 for quite some times with no issues at all. I recently lost the phone for some days which ran totally out of battery. Tried to load it from computer and adapter with no luck... After some readings I understood that Li-Ion could die if below a certain voltage for some time and so decided to buy a new battery. Unfortunately that did not help since the phone does not recharge either. It is no even trying to boot, just remains totally black... Tried to boot to recovery with no sucess either...

Just wanted to check if anybody had a solution/workaround before it sent it to repair.

Thanks for any feedback

bidzapfc

bidzapfc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Sounds like it died. Send it to repair if you get no screen at all.

If it completely died like hynix deaths, they will not be able to dissmiss your warranty

Edited by bidzapfc, 13 December 2013 - 09:33 PM.

smweb

smweb

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300

@roshii check if it's under warranty or not... if yes, send it to Huawei. They are known to repair rooted phones too. 

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

This is best ICS like launcher for GB. It even has kit kat looks in last update :)

https://play.google....nt.hololauncher

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that out :)

releaser

releaser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:u8815
Hi guys

I need to know if i can flash this ROM on top of cm10.1 JB PAC MAN 4.2.2?

The one i have no has 80%+ RAM usage which lets my iPhone very slow.

Do i need to change recovery or can i use the one used to flash my actual ROM?

Can you guys please help me with the processo?

Thanks in advance

Mig3l

Mig3l

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi guys

I used this ROM for a few weeks and it worked flawlessly! Then I decided to give a shot to CM10.2 but found it laggy and flawed. Tonight I decided to return to this ROM but I'm having a problem... I did everything by the book, I even did full wipes before and after flashing, but no matter what I do I can't move apps to the SD card. I can see it, I can move files in and out of it, the photos go directly there, everything looks fine... except for the fact that every APP fails being moved to the SD card...

Any suggestions?

bidzapfc

bidzapfc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Hi guys

I need to know if i can flash this ROM on top of cm10.1 JB PAC MAN 4.2.2?

The one i have no has 80%+ RAM usage which lets my iPhone very slow.

Do i need to change recovery or can i use the one used to flash my actual ROM?

Can you guys please help me with the processo?

Thanks in advance

You can use your current one. Just do full wipes

Hi guys

I used this ROM for a few weeks and it worked flawlessly! Then I decided to give a shot to CM10.2 but found it laggy and flawed. Tonight I decided to return to this ROM but I'm having a problem... I did everything by the book, I even did full wipes before and after flashing, but no matter what I do I can't move apps to the SD card. I can see it, I can move files in and out of it, the photos go directly there, everything looks fine... except for the fact that every APP fails being moved to the SD card...

Any suggestions?

Backup and format your sd card

Mig3l

Mig3l

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Backup and format your sd card

Don't know why, but I only have the option to unmount the sd card, not to format it... so, I used CWM to format it but it didn't solve the problem. I tried using Apps2SD and other apps but I always get a message saying that it's not possible to move the app. The sd card is working fine, I've taken photos directly to it, I've copied mp3 to it and listened without any problem.

What's really cracking my head is that I already used this ROM and I didn't get this problem...

smweb

smweb

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300

Try another SD card and see

bidzapfc

bidzapfc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Believe me... Same thing happened to me. It sd card. Format it in linux, its better. If you boot in linux you will see that permissions for your folders are messed up (everything will have lock on it). Its just waiting to become a dissaster

tolistich

tolistich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:G300

Believe me... Same thing happened to me. It sd card. Format it in linux, its better. If you boot in linux you will see that permissions for your folders are messed up (everything will have lock on it). Its just waiting to become a dissaster

Same to me also.

phyllocrania

phyllocrania

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Does anyone have the nightly where the external SD card was primary? Thanks!

popadicsm

popadicsm

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:Alcatel OT-992D

no, but you can edit build.prop to set sd card as primary.

Edited by popadicsm, 20 December 2013 - 11:53 AM.

bidzapfc

bidzapfc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Look somewhere in august

http://getcm.thebronasium.com/get/2b

djale80

djale80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung I 600

i want do download this cm 9.1   but  download link dont work , can someone pls give me  direct link .       ty 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users