[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

2435 replies to this topic

edwardecl

edwardecl

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Hi mate, did you reboot cwm, or the phone before the install?

I had no choice all three times I tried, if you wipe the partitions then install without rebooting clockwork it just almost instantly says it's finished copying... I ain't that stupid :).The only difference that I may have done this time is initally the first 2 times I attempted to install it without rebooting clockwork then tried again after a reboot...The this time I wiped partitions then rebooted without attempting a fail install. I have no idea if that makes a difference. But like I said it booted completely fine the first boot just would not boot a second time so... just strange.All fixed now I can reboot 6 times and boots every time. Unless I was just unlucky in some specific way two times in a row...

Modifoid

Modifoid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Weird, rebooted again it's working now.

fuzzyy

fuzzyy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, Huawei G300
Is there any way to get this ROM to say '3', instead of 'Hutchison 3G UK Ltd'? The Shendu ROM did this too. Like this:
http://min.us/lb1nIUfAV817D1

Moto G 8GB

Tesco 4.4

Cobble

Cobble

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Major wi-fi problem on my phone.

When activating wi-fi does cause it to freeze (doesn't happen every time), after pulling the battery the phone also freezes during the CyanogenMod boot screen. Clearing the cache and dalvik cache allows it to get as far as the 'optimizing apps' screen before freezing again.

Re-installed the ROM 4 times now and it eventually happened every time - twice before installing any user apps, and twice after installing user apps via Titanium Back-up.

fraska

fraska

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:Informatics, Smartphones, Android, Modding, etc
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@favaroooo
When i open Opera Mini, i press home key, open another app, multitasking and Opera mini again i get force close. Someone has the same problem? Maybe can be the last update of Opera Mini?

Posted Image

Google Nexus 4
ROM: Android 4.3 JWR66J | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.1700.84 | Kernel: franco.Kernel

dalesgateway

dalesgateway

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
First of all great ROM. Plaudits to Daz and associates.

Having the same WiFi problem that many people are. After reading Colossae's post about turning my router off I can confirm that in my case I can turn WiFi on and off without problems.

Taking this further if I delete my home network from the phone I can also turn WiFi on and off as often as I like.

In my case at least the crash only occurs when there is a network for the phone to connect to.

Not sure if this is significant or if it helps, but for those with the problem you can overcome the crash by deleting your network and reconnecting each time. Of course you need to remember your network password.

Thanks again for a great ROM.

C.

PS - If you are going to do this to prevent crashes you need to get your phone to "forget" your network before you turn WiFi off.

Edited by dalesgateway, 15 November 2012 - 06:31 PM.

pepdavies

pepdavies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Thanks for this rom Daz and co. I love it so far. I've had the Wifi freeze too but away from any Wifi I connect to. I toggle airplane mode at work to get text messages when the signal is bad. I guess the availability of Wifi is enough to cause a problem

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo
It's not the connection, it's the initiation of the module.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

dalesgateway

dalesgateway

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Forgive me if I'm being ignorant I'm about as far from a phone developer as it is possible to be.

It seems to work without crashing if I re-enter the access key for the WiFi network each time. Does that make a difference to the way the module you mentioned is initiated?

C.

Aport

Aport

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Wi-Fi freezes every time, no exceptions.Other than that, great rom.

colehole

colehole

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Thanks for all the hard work. It's so much faster than the stock rom.

dantoe12

dantoe12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
nearly bricked mine last night :( half time the phone wouldnt boot and then when it did the o/s kept crashing

yanda

yanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 CM10+ OSF - CM10
Hello there.I installed according to instructions.Of S3 and then from B937/several times/.Both have baseband version 2030. After installing CM9 data do not , can not see sim card and setting the baseband unknown.What to do?Excuse my English/google translator/

Hoggonator

Hoggonator

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:G300
Just to confirm if I turn up WIFI on and off quickly it is freezes, if I leave 30 seconds or more between doing it there us no problem - not sure if this helps anyone

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:Im a techy who tests phones to the max!!
  • Devices:Xperia SP

Issues:

• Some 3rd party camera apps may show unexpected behaviour - Instagram does not work

well instagram works if you're not using the instagram advanced camera, so just go into the settings>camera settings
and untick the option and it should work.

Enjoy

I was once a noob like you.... until i bricked my G300. ^_^
If i helped you or you just like my topic/post ,give me some rep with the green button

dan nedan

dan nedan

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300 u8815
  • Twitter:@dan nedan

It's not the connection, it's the initiation of the module.

it could help: Radio Interface Layer? for wifi issues?
i see here: http://www.modaco.co.../page__hl__ ril
"...
IF YOU ARE HAVING RANDOM REBOOTS AND NETWORK PROBLEMS THIS COULD RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS. "
just asking!

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:Im a techy who tests phones to the max!!
  • Devices:Xperia SP

it could help: Radio Interface Layer? for wifi issues?
i see here: http://www.modaco.co.../page__hl__ ril
"...
IF YOU ARE HAVING RANDOM REBOOTS AND NETWORK PROBLEMS THIS COULD RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS. "
just asking!

Basically what Daz has said is that wifi issues are caused by conflicts with the RIL so he will have to look into it so give him sometime on that one.

As for FM Radio the internal tuner may never be used as it implemented in the huawei stock roms and this a not a huawei stock rom, it is CM so things like that a re pain to fix, maybe later but not for now.
There are loads of RADIO apps on the play store anyway so use those and if you dont like it use another rom, its out of his hands.

Edited by mack_, 15 November 2012 - 09:35 PM.

I was once a noob like you.... until i bricked my G300. ^_^
If i helped you or you just like my topic/post ,give me some rep with the green button

Dante2070

Dante2070

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G6-L11
Rom works great. Very smooth, and finally all apps work like a charm. Got a force close once on the camera, when trying to record video, this did not repeat. Also wi fi bug, The deleting of the known network seems to do trick.

dan nedan

dan nedan

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300 u8815
  • Twitter:@dan nedan

There are loads of RADIO apps on the play store anyway so use those ...

none of them works, because of audio issues.
tryied all.

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

...its a integrated rom from another device

No, just... no.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users