[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

2437 replies to this topic

sedj

sedj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Perhaps someone can help me. I have a Vodafone UK handset, now upgraded to ICS and CM9 ROM installed on it. I have purchased an unlock code but now when I power up the phone with a non-Vodafone SIM in it I am not prompted to enter the SIM unlock code. I presume I should have done this first. What should I now do. I am very capable of following instructions but this is confusing so if in your response you can include the appropriate hyperlink with instructions I will be VERY grateful :)

Thanks.

You may get away with flashing a stock based rom like stock +,then try it.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200

Perhaps someone can help me. I have a Vodafone UK handset, now upgraded to ICS and CM9 ROM installed on it. I have purchased an unlock code but now when I power up the phone with a non-Vodafone SIM in it I am not prompted to enter the SIM unlock code. I presume I should have done this first. What should I now do. I am very capable of following instructions but this is confusing so if in your response you can include the appropriate hyperlink with instructions I will be VERY grateful :)

Thanks.

Need to unlock on a stock rom.

mr_mufy

mr_mufy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Interests:TICs/Electronics.
    Btt
  • Devices:ZTE - Blade / Huawei G300
HI.

I'm testing this rom, and i liked.

But i have a small problem, no any sound on incoming calls ours notifications.

Al the volumes are lauder....

Mr_mufy

fuzzyy

fuzzyy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, Huawei G300

Thanks.

First back up your data - you will lose contacts, texts etc. Turn off the phone. Pull out the battery for 10 seconds, then put it back in again. Hold down Power, Volume Up and Volume Down. Wait for the installation to complete. You are now back on the last stock update you did, and should be prompted for the unlock code.

Moto G 8GB

Tesco 4.4

goekane

goekane

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:G300
this is a little documentation of my wi-fi crash lifecycle:

1 boot phone
2 turn on 3G, connected, everything works fine
3 turn on wi-fi, freeze, battery out/in, reboot

4 phone rebooted, wi-fi on, connected. toggle wi-fi off
5 toggle wi-fi on: nothing happens. phone claims that my network is not there (shows all others though), no freeze
6 toggle 3G, nothing happens. no connection, no freeze

7 reboot (without battery pull), start at position 2.

tl; dr: if i reboot after wi-fi freeze, wi-fi works. if i toggle wi-fi off, neither wi-fi nor 3G will work (but no freeze)

Edited by goekane, 16 November 2012 - 10:27 AM.

feival

feival

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

First back up your data - you will lose contacts, texts etc. Turn off the phone. Pull out the battery for 10 seconds, then put it back in again. Hold down Power, Volume Up and Volume Down. Wait for the installation to complete. You are now back on the last stock update you did, and should be prompted for the unlock code.

Thank you. That sounds great. I'll try it tonight once I'm back home. By stock I presume that means the Huawei generic firmware or does it mean one of the Vodafone firmwares? Once I have done that is it worth upgrading to the latest firmware before putting on a ROM? IIRC I had it on 926 and that had an annoying Chinese splash screen which I would definitely like to get rid of!!!

Edited by feival, 16 November 2012 - 10:21 AM.

fuzzyy

fuzzyy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Thank you. That sounds great. I'll try it tonight once I'm back home. By stock I presume that means the Huawei generic firmware or does it mean one of the Vodafone firmwares? Once I have done that is it worth upgrading to the latest firmware before putting on a ROM? IIRC I had it on 926 and that had an annoying Chinese splash screen which I would definitely like to get rid of!!!

Stock is whatever the last 'official' firmware you installed was - it's likely to be that Chinese B926. There's some debate as to whether you should update or not. If you install a ROM over the Chinese B926, you might have faster 3G, though some have reported problems with this(though not with CyanogenMod I don't think). If you update, you might have slower 3G, but might be more stable. You will lose the splash screen when you install a custom ROM like CyanogenMod or Infusion anyway, so personally I would not update.

Moto G 8GB

Tesco 4.4

dfvt

dfvt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy tab 7 Ascend g300
  • Twitter:@dfvtavares
I don't if this is a bug but this already happened to me twice

Attached Files

ku8az

ku8az

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Huawei U8120
  • Twitter:@ku8az
The same problem happens to me sometimes in Google Play with a green big font.

feival

feival

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

Stock is whatever the last 'official' firmware you installed was - it's likely to be that Chinese B926. There's some debate as to whether you should update or not. If you install a ROM over the Chinese B926, you might have faster 3G, though some have reported problems with this(though not with CyanogenMod I don't think). If you update, you might have slower 3G, but might be more stable. You will lose the splash screen when you install a custom ROM like CyanogenMod or Infusion anyway, so personally I would not update.

Thank you again. With CM9 I do get their splash screen that lasts a while but before that loads there is a Chinese one that apears for around 3 or 4 seconds. Certainly not the end of the world. It is followed by an android one and then the CM screen.

fuzzyy

fuzzyy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Thank you again. With CM9 I do get their splash screen that lasts a while but before that loads there is a Chinese one that apears for around 3 or 4 seconds. Certainly not the end of the world. It is followed by an android one and then the CM screen.

Oh right, never seen that before, but then I never installed the Chinese update.

Moto G 8GB

Tesco 4.4

fjpalacios

fjpalacios

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Huawei u8160 / Huawei u8815
  • Twitter:@fjpalacios

I don't if this is a bug but this already happened to me twice

Yep, I too sometimes happened. But restarting the app in which happens, or the launcher, "fixes".

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors , family and phone
  • Devices:zte blade + Huawei Ascend G300
Same little glitch here but not on any apps just on the home screen and app draw.Strangely it was after playing music.
Nothing a reboot can't fix .
The rom on the whole is first class and a credit to Daz and those concerned.

Attached Files

Biohazard

Smiff2

Smiff2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Devices:Blade, U8510, G300
ooh look finally a real reason to leave GB on this phone? cheers

can we get a summary of everything that isn't awesome though? :) compared to stock GB. other than what's in 2nd post obviously..

Edited by Smiff2, 16 November 2012 - 11:53 AM.

Aport

Aport

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
There is one more problem, maybe it just me.When you want to use mobile internet instead of WiFi, you have to reboot your phone.

goekane

goekane

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:G300

There is one more problem, maybe it just me.When you want to use mobile internet instead of WiFi, you have to reboot your phone.

this is a little documentation of my wi-fi crash lifecycle:

1 boot phone
2 turn on 3G, connected, everything works fine
3 turn on wi-fi, freeze, battery out/in, reboot

4 phone rebooted, wi-fi on, connected. toggle wi-fi off
5 toggle wi-fi on: nothing happens. phone claims that my network is not there (shows all others though), no freeze
6 toggle 3G, nothing happens. no connection, no freeze

7 reboot (without battery pull), start at position 2.

tl; dr: if i reboot after wi-fi freeze, wi-fi works. if i toggle wi-fi off, neither wi-fi nor 3G will work (but no freeze)

like that or every time you toggle mobile internet?

Edited by goekane, 16 November 2012 - 12:09 PM.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo
Yep, you may notice a correlation between being connected to mobile data and having a Wi-Fi poop. The previous explanation still stands, it is classed as high load.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

Smiff2

Smiff2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Devices:Blade, U8510, G300
ah so it can't automatically switch between wifi and mobile data, reliably, without a crash/hang? that makes this a no go for me if so.

edit: what i mean is, if a non-technical user, leaves both wifi and data enabled, the phone still tends to hang? this is all i care about, not what silly people are doing pushing toggles.

edit2: removed smiley mmkay.

Edited by Smiff2, 16 November 2012 - 01:06 PM.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo
No, read carefully, there is a CORRELATION.

Also don't pull the sad faces pls.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

flixblixclix

flixblixclix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Browsing
  • Devices:Dell xcd35
  • Twitter:@flixblixclix
CM9(cyanogenmod) for Huawei, btw it's a like shocking surprise for me...... thank you friend.... looking for frequent update to test again and again......

Be Smart, Not Hard.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users