[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Forgot to add I have come across another possible bug. I have smart keyboard pro installed and use it as my daily keyboard. At least 3 times today the keyboard has reverted back to the stock keyboard. It does come back though and I am not sure if it isn't down to the keyboard manager app I am using.

If anyone else has this problem we would then know.

I use swift key and I got no problems whatsoever .

Guest spender

Just installed CM9 and apart from Iplayer not working it all seems fine, first time I installed something other than stock.

Edited by spender

Just installed CM9 and apart from Iplayer not working it all seems fine, first time I installed something other than stock.

Weirdly iplayer has started randomly working for me now .Its about 50/50 whether i get just sound with no video,or working fully.If it doesnt work i just close the app then reopen til the stream works.

Guest PaulMilbank

Yep I set it too and more battery usage? For me is same like ondemand... ol of this tested with 122 -1008MHz

Avoid 122mhz as it will not massively save battery and will affect speed as the cpu drops to 122 and has to scale back up.

Look at an app like cpu spy to see what your frequencies are doing. You want it to spend a lot of time sleeping when it is not being used, not at 122 or whatever mhz. Depending on your use it should be 80-90% sleep, a little at the minimum and the rest at mid-high frequencies.

245mhz and smartass2 should be a good compromise between battery and speed looking at the way Daz has tuned it.

Edited by PaulMilbank

Today I tested R2 a little bit more.

Right now I have 14h30mins of battery use.I listened to a lot of music with headphones, used wi-fi, sent and received about 100 messages, made some calls and played games a lot. Keep in mind that I've been on a zone with little network coverage so the phone was always searching for signal.

I have 23% battery life left.

Now for the bugs/problems found:

• Had a completly random rebbot (maybe the low signal in the area had something to do with it?)
  • Apollo widget in lockscreen has lag some times when you press the buttons.
  • When I received messages and lower the notification bar sometimes all the elements disappeared (control buttons, notifications, time, date, etc)
  • Had 1 Wi-fi freee when I turned on wifi while listening to music.
  • Volume in calls is too loud.
  • The call screen disappears the moment I answer a call.

This is just my opinion and some facts that happened to me. Maybe this is of some help to the developers and users.

This Rom is one of the best I tried for this phone (maybe the best) and it's on the good way.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Owl93

That's probably the software decoder trying its hardest. :P

Ah,is that why the flash based football app i use is very stuttery too,its trying to do it all in software?

Guest Dazzozo

Ah,is that why the flash based football app i use is very stuttery too,its trying to do it all in software?

It's possible. Someone else told me that something in Flash wasn't working great. It's possible that it uses the same stuff as video decoding but that would be a new one on me. Then again, I don't really know how Flash works on Android (who does :P)

Yeah, I was poking around on gerrit earlier and apparently some others are having issues with 7x27a video decoding.

Definitely the best currently available ROM for G300, and I'm not a fanboy - the smoothest, the most perfect without a doubt. I'm really impressed with this, excellent quality work!

Guest PaulMilbank

Hey Daz and fagulhas, will this CM9 eventually be upgraded to cm9.1 or is it actually in sync with latest cyanogenmod and you have just labelled it as cm9 experimental?

Guest Dazzozo

Hey Daz and fagulhas, will this CM9 eventually be upgraded to cm9.1 or is it actually in sync with latest cyanogenmod and you have just labelled it as cm9 experimental?

CM doesn't identify itself as 9.1. This is the latest code available on the ics branch at the time of building.

for now the rom is perfect ..

no lag and very good performance.

one question.

the best filer explorer? i can´t access to the internal memory. :s (sorry my weak english im portuguese :) )

Guest krishang3

I don't really care about this sort of stuff right now.

You tell me, all I do is build from source...

Hmm so it could be possible to port another framework.jar ril to this port?

Edited by krishang3

Guest Rattonboy

for now the rom is perfect ..

no lag and very good performance.

one question.

the best filer explorer? i can´t access to the internal memory. :s (sorry my weak english im portuguese :) )

install astro from playstore as the rom doesn't come with file explorer or go online search for a flashable version. Astro allows you to see internal memory.

Guest darthmaul88

Hi

I noticed a problem with the battery consumption while data connection is activated. When I use the mobile data connection 3G or HSDPA it's eating battery like crazy. it uses like 1% per minute so in 10 minutes I have 8 to 10% battery drop. Otherwise battery consumption is not that high - even better than other ICS roms. I use CPU governor on smartassV2 with maximum CPU speed to 1GHz.

Otherwise nice rom. Great work guys!

Edited by darthmaul88

Hi

I noticed a problem with the battery consumption while data connection is activated. When I use the mobile data connection 3G or HSDPA it's eating battery like crazy. it uses like 1% per minute so in 10 minutes I have 8 to 10% battery drop. Otherwise battery consumption is not that high - even better than other ICS roms. I use CPU governor on smartassV2 with maximum CPU speed to 1GHz.

Otherwise nice rom. Great work guys!

Are you on b926 baseband?

Guest Buffalo Soldier

Great work Dazz, I've been using R2 for a few days now and it's very smooth and stable on 245-1228MHz, smartassv2, with no bugs at all.

The only thing that's bothering me is very high in-call volume, even on min level. I don't think that there is a need for so much amplification.

Guest darthmaul88

What i meant was was the last official update you installed the B926 (unicom)? Chinese ics or a different one ?

Last official update was B936 OTA

Edited by darthmaul88