[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

a lot of people are let down by cm9 i am just voicing thier thoughts.

So you telepathically gather these thoughts from everyone and voice their opinions? Don't talk utter crap. You are voicing no-ones thoughts but your own.

just a thought but wouldnt it be easier for all devs to work on different parts of rom and then compile, a lot of devs re-release the same rom but adding their own features, seems a bit pointless, to create a great rom thats going to crap on gb, i think you are going to need more one head in a team.

Not content with leeching & criticizing the work people do here, FOR FREE, you are now giving advice on how they can be better developers? Seriously? lol.

I'm adding myself to the list of people suggesting the introduction of an elementary bug-tracking system. It could be easily built upon a free forum, for example, and mantained by intermediaries between devs and users (devs of stock-based ROMs, if willing to, could come in handy).

It's just about having a straight methodology rather than a messy amount of posts on thread: it's less confusing, helps you devs visualizing the actual situation and avoids bug re-reporting issues.

P.S.: I've already reported this, but i'd like to underline that mobile data limiting doesn't work on R2 (maybe it relies on the same services as battery stats).

Edited by klezkk

I'm adding myself to the list of people suggesting the introduction of an elementary bug-tracking system. It could be easily built upon a free forum, for example, and mantained by intermediaries between devs and users (devs of stock-based ROMs, if willing to, could come in handy).

It's just about having a straight methodology rather than a messy amount of posts on thread.

P.S.: I've already reported this, but i'd like to underline that mobile data limits don't work on R2.

+1 , I rest my case!

I WILL HAPPLIY TEST ANY ROM AND TELL PEOPLE WHY IT IS GOOD OR NOT!..DOING MY BIT FOR THE COMMUNITY

Dood, get a grip of your own self importance. Why would anyone want or care about your opinion on any rom here? lol. *walks away laughing*

Edited by Cyda

because i give a straight answer, so cyda you working on any decent roms lately...walks away smurking

Nah, I'm not actually, I stopped working on Stock+ after CM9 was released.

Are you? It would make a change for you to give to this community. A guide, a mod... or giving the skills at hand, maybe a picture in crayon? ;)

Edited by Cyda

Cool. "let me know when you have got it right, untill then..."

i don't need to, james has already created something decent! it just needs tweeking

he will tell you what i thought of his rom...

Edited by yaqh

i don't need to, james has already created something decent! it just needs tweeking

he will tell you what i thought of his rom...

Nice try but I said, are YOU doing anything for the community, not James. :)

I'm sorry for so much OT, leeches wind me up, I'll refrain for feeding the troll from here on.

Edited by Cyda

Guest Hoggonator

Nice try but I said, are YOU doing anything for the community, not James. :)

I'm sorry for so much OT, leeches wind me up, I'll refrain for feeding the troll from here on.

Why, keeps us amused in-between releases :)

So, what is the ETA for R3?

(Estimated Troll Attacks)

Edited by Hoggonator

Guest Malthus

I'll happily tell you; it is because you are one of those users who comes here, gives NOTHING to the community and yet like to criticise the hard work that the developers do for free.

For the record, critique is a valid form of input and contribution, as long as it's constructive rather than impolite whining. Sometimes people - particularly developers, since they're rightfully invested in their work and therefore prone to being sensitive - can't tell the difference between the two.

For the record, critique is a valid form of input and contribution, as long as it's constructive rather than impolite whining. Sometimes people - particularly developers, since they're rightfully invested in their work and therefore prone to being sensitive - can't tell the difference between the two.

Have a read over yaqh's posts; find me a single constructive comment and you'll not only win the Internet but I'll also throw in a cookie. :o

Edit: Gah, must refrain from adding more OT. Sorry again. tsk. /bad Cyda

Edited by Cyda

Guest wouterbeer

@Cyda, @yaqh,

Please, ladies, please, grow up and move this bitch-fight somewhere else. Really I do not log in here every day to scan through your posts to see if something more relevant was posted in-between, and I bet I am not the only one.

Now, what was wrong with updating the buglist? Especially when done by someone else then the TS/dev as suggested here?

Yeah if Dev's can't be bothered to keep us updated with current bug tracking info in the first post (and eta's), they shouldn't post in the first place.

@tcpaulh; what is the fact you do not like about this suggestion anyway? I just think it would be better; for example: now here, between all the fighting, someone posted a bug about airplane modes and alarms switching off, another one reporting that data limiting is not working. This seems to go unnoticed. Also, with this release (R2) I noticed that in the 'known issues' section the wifi-issue was removed. But then at the first comment that this bug was still present he/she got replies like "this is not really fixed, of course it can be still there if you're phone is heavy-loaded". So why remove it from this known-issues section?

Let me be clear that I do not have anything but deep respect for the guys able to do the developing and am not able to this myself. I also do not direct this to developers in general, as you guys seem to think. I just do not get why, if asking about why this section is not updated and that in my opinion this would be beneficial, I do not get a normal answer.

Edited by wouterbeer

Guest tcpaulh

I'm certain Cyda didn't mean that yaqh criticises in any recognizable useful or incisive way. Perhaps "shows contempt" or "feels a sense of entitlement" or "adds nothing useful" or "demands fixes" or "goads" or would have been more appropriate.

Guest Malthus

Have a read over yaqh's posts; find me a single constructive comment and you'll not only win the Internet but I'll also throw in a cookie. :o

Edit: Gah, must refrain from adding more OT. Sorry again. tsk. /bad Cyda

I don't see where he said anything worth getting your knickers in a twist over either. Nothing he said was particularly rude until this petty argument between you two started, and even then I think you're were probably slightly more vitriolic than he was.

Guest Hoggonator

Bug tracking is essential, I do not doubt the devs are doing it but why keep a place holder for bugs and not use it?

Saying that having had not a little experience in running software projects when you are in a situation where you have an (on the whole) uneducated community where it comes to testing, a lot has to be taken with a pinch of salt until you have validated the issue yourself AND when this is a side project not a job of work then I would guess that means getting to it when you can.

I would guess that if a Dev has enough brains to put a ROM together, and takes time to do controlled releases, then they are going to pick out the constructive posts from the chaff and look at those comments when it comes to testing. It is just hard for some people to understand that, and the sometimes limited feedback (not a criticism) does not help to keep the noise down.

Thing is this is an open thread in an open forum where people (IMHO think) they have suffered a lot in regards to the software that comes with the phone and sometimes this frustration shows, especially for some people where English is not their first language.

As an aside I love my phone, it calls people and does text's too, exactly why I bought it :)

I also loved Cyda's work and I am loving Daz's work on this as well which add a load of bonus's to my phone

Guest Dellboy2012

I wouldn't agree with you Malthus. Saying to devs "let me know when you create something useful or good" and then explaining that you have deep respect for devs is straight signal that this is just rude and ignorant.

Yes, sure we'll install a hot line between you and dev team, Mr President of the Universe!

Guest Davidoff59

If some of you read the old CM9 thread, you would knew why this was released. It was released early due to users pushing for its release. If Daz had his way, I imagine it would not have been released until completely bug free or 99% bug free.

If you want up to the minute updates on what is going on, its been widely covered where you should go. Just do take your bug reports and your eta's there. Sit back, follow and have fun.

I don't get all the issues to be honest. If all you have to complain about is a rom on a phone, then you have a pretty good life. The fixes will come.

As its built around the Cyanogenmod source, some things may be bugs within their code so Daz may be waiting on them to fix something. It may even be Code Aurora code bugs, who knows.

Just chill out and use another rom if this one isn't for you. Or use stock Huawei ICS. You do have a choice ya know.