2431 replies to this topic

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

That sounds like massive hyperbole, to be honest. Describing using a publicly released piece of open-source software (which in turn was built on someone's else's release of open-source software several times over) as "leeching free stuff" seems deliberately misrepresentative. It also seems pretty insulting to me towards developers and open-source software in general to imply that one should lower their expectations purely for that reason.

Why assume that open source software should be as polished and "user friendly'' as it's proprietory counterparts. Oftentimes a conscious effort is made to encourge user to be proactive about problem solving and generally increasing their aptitude. Likewise, the self-entitled who seek spoon feeding are quite often not given much thrift. Open source culture is obviously keen on empowerment, which set it apart from the cult of Apple etc.

Those who treat software they have receivde free-of-charge from amateur developers exactly as they would a retail package are plainly ignorant.

Kill the bee... and ultimately... you'll have nothing to spread on your toast — John Shuttleworth

hippy dave

hippy dave

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Devices:G300, Hudl
edit: nm.

Edited by hippy dave, 22 November 2012 - 03:40 AM.

grizzlyflea

grizzlyflea

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Wow. is this bitter argument still going on?

GOlteanu

GOlteanu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4, Palm Pre
I think everyone should take a coffee break!!! stop arguing and test the ROM..

Issues I found:

1. Wifi freeze;
2. I got a couple restarts, but since sunday I haven't got any;
3. I don't know if any of you have this game (but I really love it), Rage of Bahamut. It force closes on any ROM's whenever I do quests or battle. In GB it didn't had this problems, and I've come to fiind that this is a problem with ICS. I've tried a couple of custom ROM's but the same problem, however with this one, it lagged a bit and didn't force close, I think it's because of hardware aceleration.
4. The all backup application from Huawei, when I try to install it, it fails. I will try to flash it this time, tonight, and see what I get.
5. The launcher sometimes force closes.

Appart from this, wonderfull ROM, love the speed it has, love the splash screen, and the notification bar. Great job dev.

Colossae3.23

Colossae3.23

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Devices:Nokia Lumia 720

Wow. is this bitter argument still going on?

this one may end soon, but the same argument will continue to raise its head. I've been visiting Modaco for nearly 2 years and the same issue seems to boil to the surface every now and then; no matter who the dev is, or what the phone it is. In fact some devs have left the forum because of the incessant demands for people to fix the stuff that they've offer up for free.

It's been said before, but it seems it can't be said enough:

When some one gives you something, what right does any one have to demand, and/or expect it to be better, or fixed at your request?
If you paid, then fair enough, demand away.

ScutulatusCrotalus

ScutulatusCrotalus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Launcher 7 - works ok, but while dragging the screen from application drawer to tile drawer and back, logcat says:
E/Adreno200-ES20( 508): : GL_INVALID_VALUED/OpenGLRenderer( 508): GL error from OpenGLRenderer: 0x501
  • On GTA3 does not force close, it fails to start internally
F/libc ( 4006): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x0000000c (code=1)I/ActivityManager( 250): Displayed com.rockstar.gta3ger/.GTA3: +1s989ms..

Edited by ScutulatusCrotalus, 22 November 2012 - 10:38 AM.

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

GTA3 does not force close, it fails to start internally

The latest GTA3 from the Play store is working fine here, at least for the 5-10 mins I played it.

Attached File  Screenshot_2012-11-22-10-01-02.png   381.49KB   44 downloads Attached File  Screenshot_2012-11-22-09-57-43.png   356.7KB   43 downloads

ScutulatusCrotalus

ScutulatusCrotalus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

The latest GTA3 from the Play store is working fine here, at least for the 5-10 mins I played it.

Attached File  Screenshot_2012-11-22-10-01-02.png   381.49KB   44 downloads Attached File  Screenshot_2012-11-22-09-57-43.png   356.7KB   43 downloads

Hey, after you mentioned it, I received an update for GTA3 and it works. argh :-D

samjam

samjam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

The flags

| __GFP_NOFAIL | __GFP_REPEAT

Exist for that purpose making it "not a hack" any more. No need for a loop

I have a nagging feeling that my advice on the no fail flag was wrong.

I think that flag should be for structures relating to the self management of the kernel and not mere operations if the kernel.

It may introduce worse harder to track bugs if/when it exhausts kernel emergency memory so that other no fail might fail...

Repeat should be enough

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo

I have a nagging feeling that my advice on the no fail flag was wrong.

I think that flag should be for structures relating to the self management of the kernel and not mere operations if the kernel.

It may introduce worse harder to track bugs if/when it exhausts kernel emergency memory so that other no fail might fail...

Repeat should be enough

I'll drop it down to repeat in a bit and see if it's still enough.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

You're likely to get a quicker response from me on Twitter.

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Devices:huawei
gb just seems more responsive to touch, more sensitive than ics, could this be implimented in the next version?

j4r0l

j4r0l

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300

I like the stock Huawei weather clock, and on Tillaz's infusion i saw this http://www.solidfile...m/d/cc9f647e1e/ in 'requested stock files', so my question is can i use this and how do i install it?

i used hweather with apex launcher up to 1.3.4 version,1.3.5+ is based on jb and compatibility with that widget seems broken,unfortunatelly...i liked it;)
anyway,imo when you find launcher which is not based on jb,you should get it work...

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts

gb just seems more responsive to touch, more sensitive than ics, could this be implimented in the next version?

pls go

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

pls go

i guess its a no then!

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts

i guess its a no then!

No, you just made a dumb request which was actually just you bitching about ics. Again.

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
i was asking a simple q? okay i will rephrase, can it be more responsive to touch like gb?

samjam

samjam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

i guess its a no then!

Its not your fault but your request doesn't make sense from a dev perspective.

More sensitive touch isn't a feature that Daz can just leave in or take out. It's probably not directly related to any conscious decision he has made.

Huawei gb and CM9 have not much in common and such differences are expected. Even if they are real they are not related to the task Daz has set himself.

Its like going into a large hotel dining room and asking if 1000 table cloths could be light pink instead of peach and thinking it is a small request because the colours are quite similar.

The non dev cannot easily understand what they are asking. You may feel you are doing good in helping the hotel colour match their table cloths but it is not helpful and they won't than you.

If you have confidence in Daz then pay €5 and let him do what he likes, or just wait.

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
what i was saying is when you compare this and other roms they all the same in terms touch sentivaty, this is where gb excels, I'm not a dev but i would say this and ui is the most important part of the rom, all other stuff could be added on top as a skin. i might be asking too much not sure , correct me if im wrong!
hey dazo shed some light on the matter.

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
dazo we are not all dev so dont treat as we know it all.

flixblixclix

flixblixclix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Browsing
  • Devices:Dell xcd35
  • Twitter:@flixblixclix
I think , i feel much better touch on cm9, when compared to GB..... btw we need to updated with feature and s touch response much faster too in cm9... u might be first to say tat GB had good touch respo than CM9

Be Smart, Not Hard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users