[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

10 hours steady use, some browsing and calls. the battery level seems ok but i don't actually know how long you have used wifi, calls etc. all i have to say is that in my experience battery level from 100% to 99% drops faster than if it was on 50% - 40%. thats all i can say, don't know what else to say :(

calls prob 10mins.wifi 2hrs.these things are fine with battery its mobile data that drains

like i said 1%pm

Have similar problem to kaplanvr in post #981 above. Installed R3 in place of Vodafone ICS following excellent instructions for under 5s. Got everything how I wanted then switched off phone to change sim card ready for unlock procedure. Rebooted but screen froze on Cyanogen mod 9 animation. Used CWM to factory reset. Replaced Vodafone sim and rebooted into Cyanogen mod 9 ok, but before spending ages setting up again, I checked to see if I could reboot. Froze in the same place again. I'm stuck in a loop. Any idea how to get out of it?

Guest Rattonboy

calls prob 10mins.wifi 2hrs.these things are fine with battery its mobile data that drains

like i said 1%pm

i have had mobile data for almost 5 hours and my battery level is at 70%, i use it to show when i receive emails. if you have roaming on then maybe that's why the data goes down so quickly apps using the internet in the background. i have roaming off by the way. it should not go down that quickly (1% pm) very odd :huh:

Have similar problem to kaplanvr in post #981 above. Installed R3 in place of Vodafone ICS following excellent instructions for under 5s. Got everything how I wanted then switched off phone to change sim card ready for unlock procedure. Rebooted but screen froze on Cyanogen mod 9 animation. Used CWM to factory reset. Replaced Vodafone sim and rebooted into Cyanogen mod 9 ok, but before spending ages setting up again, I checked to see if I could reboot. Froze in the same place again. I'm stuck in a loop. Any idea how to get out of it?

Yes, revert to a stock based rom and wait for CM9 to be fixed.

Guest classless

I have the same problem. Battery is ok on browsing, games, streaming etc. on wifi or 2g for lite browsing on opera mini and gtalk. The battery drains 1% per minute on 3g even for lite use. My baseband is 2030, maybe this is a factor.

Guest classless
Anyone got a guaranteed way to reproduce this?

For me it happens every time i use 3g data. It's the same for r2. For r1 i guess i didn't have time to notice.

It doesn't matter if i download things or just browse or even gtalk with someone. As long as 3g data is active and in use, the battery drops like crazy.

i have had mobile data for almost 5 hours and my battery level is at 70%, i use it to show when i receive emails. if you have roaming on then maybe that's why the data goes down so quickly apps using the internet in the background. i have roaming off by the way. it should not go down that quickly (1% pm) very odd :huh:

roaming off still the same.

Guest Andymac1969

I had the same problem freezing at the Cyanogen man, the only way I got round this was a TOTAL clean install, format SD card, copy ROM and Gapps to it afterwards, factory reset in CWM, wipe cache, in advanced wipe dalvik cache, in mounts format system

Then no problem at all

Andrew

Guest Redflake

I don't really see much difference between wifi 3g as regards battery usage. Cm9 seems to use a bit more battery than stock based ICS but to me it's worth it.

Guest Ludak021

if 3g signal is weak phone will drain battery faster. I don't really see how ROM can be blamed for 3G draining more battery then some other ROM?! It's either using it or it isn't.

Guest Redflake

Yea its very colorful but don't think it as anything to do with battery usage. More like signal connection strength. Possibly

Green is good coverage. Yellow is next best coverage. Tan is getting iffy. Light brown/grayish is bad signal. Red is even worse. Black means you've completely lost signal.

Guest pjjames55

Have similar issue with battery whilst on mobile data, drops 1% PM. Stopped using data and battery % stabilized. Checked again after 30 minutes and it had gone back up by 4% ???

Have also noticed that after disconnecting USB cable the 'USB Connected' and 'USB debugging connected' icons remain in the status bar until the phone is rebooted. Does anyone else have this issue?

Neither of these issues really affect my usage though. Am staying with CM9 as this is by far the best rom i have used.

Guest shpibrazz

Have similar issue with battery whilst on mobile data, drops 1% PM. Stopped using data and battery % stabilized. Checked again after 30 minutes and it had gone back up by 4% ???

Have also noticed that after disconnecting USB cable the 'USB Connected' and 'USB debugging connected' icons remain in the status bar until the phone is rebooted. Does anyone else have this issue?

Neither of these issues really affect my usage though. Am staying with CM9 as this is by far the best rom i have used.

Did yall calibrated your battery after flashing the rom??

Guest pjjames55

Did yall calibrated your battery after flashing the rom??

Have flashed numerous times and have never had to calibrate. I agree with dazzo that this is going to be a calculation error hence not worried in the slightest about it.

Guest Dazzozo

This is a result of adding the battery statistics. We have not changed mobile data at all in R3. The statistics simply weight mobile data much higher in battery usage than it actually is. The stats are there, but they're not necessarily right.

Yes, calibrating the battery is pointless, it has been removed officially from CWM and the process happens every time you fully charge the device anyway. You are not calibrating anything, you are just wiping harmless statistics for that session.

Guest PaulMilbank

To all those who have the battery drain, what happens if you boot into recovery, wipe cache, wipe dalvic cache and then fix permissions? That something I have had before on my old phone was needing to do the wipes and permissions fix which stopped the battery drain magically. May help, may not, you don't lose anything if you do it's worth a try.

My battery has been great on R3. 20% discharged and 5 hours usage, 3g always on and some phone calls and texts. Really happy with that.

Also might be worth letting the battery run right down at least once and then fully charging, .

Edited by PaulMilbank