Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200

I think Frankish just 'arrived' ;-)

Splurged. Thanks for the massive effort daz and co.

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
Good work

Massive changelog lol:D

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
Very performance related changelog. Hopefully wifi bug will be permanently gone for EVERYONE now. Bonus if hw decoding works too. Who needs jellybean?

tyrol_gangster

tyrol_gangster

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (Orange SF OLED)
R3 phone freezes & reboots when wifi turned on, came from Stock+ with full wipe

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo

R3 phone freezes & reboots when wifi turned on, came from Stock+ with full wipe

Erm, that should be *impossible* now, unless there's a separate issue. We had someone test this with a 100% freeze rate before.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Devices:Android
I don't want to get ahead of myself, but the WiFi bug seems gone. Good work!

pepdavies

pepdavies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
All good so far. Thanks :-)

tyrol_gangster

tyrol_gangster

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
well this is the 1st time i am trying this rom and i can tell you it looks perfectly possible to me mate :-) actually, to correct myself, it does not reboot it's stuck on the CM9 boot logo :-/

Edited by tyrol_gangster, 23 November 2012 - 09:21 PM.

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1, Moto G, G300
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh

well this is the 1st time i am trying this rom and i can tell you it looks perfectly possible to me mate :-) actually, to correct myself, it does not reboot it's stuck on the CM9 boot logo :-/

What wipes did you perform?
What version of cwm are you on?
If it's freezing during boot, what makes you think it's wifi?

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

psionandy

psionandy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Mobile tech.. gadgets.. Liverpool FC
  • Devices:Note 2 and Ascend G300 CM10 R2
  • Twitter:@psionandy
Just gone from r2 to r3 via OTA update... and i'm seriously impressed by how smooth the process was.

Video playback now works fine in the gallery, youtube works fine, and i've just installed Iplayer and that works too.

tyrol_gangster

tyrol_gangster

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
data, cache, dalvik
cwm 6.0.1.8.
it freezes immediately when i turn the wifi on, then reboots buts gets stuck on the CM logo
just did another wipe, the phone rebooted ok, turn on wifi, same result - freezes immediately

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1, Moto G, G300
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
try formatting system, + factory reset + install rom again, just for a totally clean install

Edit: but your symptoms at the moment are similar to a wifi large page allocation deadlock...which is very odd to say the least.

Edited by tcpaulh, 23 November 2012 - 09:27 PM.

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

tyrol_gangster

tyrol_gangster

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
formatting system didn't help but not restoring (wifi networks) from Google Account seems to have done the trick. apologies if that's something I should of known

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
It should actually be impossible now. The allocation is marked as "no fail". There's another allocation (smaller) that takes place before, but I've never seen it fail due to that. Logs would be pretty handy if you have adb around, a logcat won't suffice:

adb root
adb shell cat /proc/kmsg

formatting system didn't help but not restoring (wifi networks) from Google Account seems to have done the trick. apologies if that's something I should of known

Now that's just really weird. I've seen it all. :P

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

tyrol_gangster

tyrol_gangster

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
ok, a question, please...

with this ROM, if I want to use the 2gb int sd card for apps (I also have external sd card which i want to use for music etc) all I need to do is tick the storage configuration / use internal storage checkbox or do I still need to install the Link2Int (or even Int2sdext2) mod? I did search the forums but the explanations are not 100% clear.

also I still need to use Link2SD rather than S2E without further manual scripting, right? (liked the latter more on my Blade as it was a simple all or nothing tool)

fjpalacios

fjpalacios

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Huawei u8160 / Huawei u8815
  • Twitter:@fjpalacios
Good job Daz, no freezes for now here. Thanks for the R3.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

with this ROM, if I want to use the 2gb int sd card for apps (I also have external sd card which i want to use for music etc) all I need to do is tick the storage configuration / use internal storage checkbox or do I still need to install the Link2Int (or even Int2sdext2) mod? I did search the forums but the explanations are not 100% clear.

also I still need to use Link2SD rather than S2E without further manual scripting, right? (liked the latter more on my Blade as it was a simple all or nothing tool)

'Use internal storage' has the same functionality as it did on stock. It swaps your default SD card. It does no magic regarding apps, just simply swaps the primary SD card.

Whatever you do besides that is up to you.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
Managed to crash/freeze phone by rapidly toggling wifi and hotspot. Although the freeze this time was the crt animation going realllllllly slowly off then screen off with capacitive lights on and no response but no reboot either. In real world use will probably never freeze.

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

The 'use internal storage' option will basically use the 2GB partition as an sdcard, so your music, pics etc will all be stored there as well as any apps you 'move to sd'. If you leave the storage configuration to sdcard and use the Link2SD mod you can use that 2GB partition as proper app storage as you would with a 2nd sdcard partition.

@ Daz; thanks for the update. Grabbing it now.

tyrol_gangster

tyrol_gangster

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
Dazzozo: yeah 'It swaps your default SD card as it did in stick' is what I read elsewhere but what does that actually mean? i mean ok so basically you say if I want to use the 2GB for apps I still need the MOD but then should I have this settings checkbox selected or not? applying the logic I know from Blade, the answer would be yes (apps saved to internal which however gets linked to EXT4 by S2E) but here I am led to believe from what I read the answer is no but I can't get my head round that. i don't want the apps on SD card (the 32GB one I inserted) cos obviously they're lost when usb connected to PC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users