tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, Huawei G300, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh

does it have hw video playback? Mx player doesn't work in r2 using hw+ decoder.

May depend on video container/codec etc. The first one I tried (with hw acc checked in settings) had black screen + audio for 5 seconds then MX Player quit.

It played just fine without the the HW acc setting checked in MX Player settings though.

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

tyrol_gangster

tyrol_gangster

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (Orange SF OLED)
Cyda: hmmmm, thanks, think I start to get it so the switch should have been called 'use internal sd card' vs 'use additional sd card' i.e. people who have extra SD card never want it on... the huawei guys didn't help by naming two places in the phone 'internal storage' i suppose :-D

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo
The BBC iPlayer black screen should be fixed, probably Flash too -- anything that depends on divxdrmdecrypt. There might still be some decoding problems, shouldn't be too difficult though.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

You're likely to get a quicker response from me on Twitter.

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

so the switch should have been called 'use internal sd card' vs 'use additional sd card'

Yes, exactly that.

Smiff2

Smiff2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Devices:Blade, U8510, G300
great changelog, for <1 week that's bl**dy good going! just seeing if any nasty regressions get reported and i'll give it a go.

Display: set refresh rate to 65

can you explain this one please? just curious!

presumably if you want to use the 2GB for \data you need to set this up when you install the ROM?

Edited by Smiff2, 23 November 2012 - 10:09 PM.

Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

The BBC iPlayer black screen should be fixed, probably Flash too -- anything that depends on divxdrmdecrypt. There might still be some decoding problems, shouldn't be too difficult though.

The twitch.tv app seems to be working now :thumbs:

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo

The twitch.tv app seems to be working now :thumbs:

Yeah I was using it earlier :P

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

You're likely to get a quicker response from me on Twitter.

tracasan

tracasan

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:huawei g300; lg p500
i am unable to install apps from google play using wi-fi. works with mobile data though.wiped everything and installed a fresh copy of R3, reflashed cwm 6, flashed gapps(did all of these twice jut to make sure).I don't think that it's because of my internet connection, websites and other downloads work great. any ideeas?

Edited by tracasan, 23 November 2012 - 10:45 PM.

Smiff2

Smiff2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Devices:Blade, U8510, G300

i am unable to install apps from google play using wi-fi. works with mobile data though.wiped everything and installed a fresh copy of R3, reflashed cwm 6, flashed gapps(did all of these twice jut to make sure).I don't think that it's because of my internet connection, websites and other downloads work great. any ideeas?

check your system clock. wrong time breaks google play. took me ages to work this one out.

tracasan

tracasan

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

check your system clock. wrong time breaks google play. took me ages to work this one out.

just checked it... everything looks fine with the date and time(tried it on manual but still unable to download)

lighters

lighters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:G300
Installed this app from the latest version of infusion and had my first crash :'( (Whats the best way to reset the phone when it freezes?)

Rebooted into CWM (6.0.1.2) I have never updated as all my installs have worked so is there any need?
Wiped file/cache
Installed latest cm9 R3
Instlled gaps
Rebooted

Worked fine going through things until I launched the default browsers and went to a website and while that site was loading I pulled the notifications down and enabled the wifi setting and my phone just instantly froze!

Advice?

Now seem to be stuck on the cyanogenmod boot screen :'(

Edit - Hmm, booted into CWM:

wiped everything
flashed cm9 r3
installed gaps ics

rebooted and stuck at huawei logo :'(

Edited by lighters, 23 November 2012 - 11:18 PM.

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
You should format the system partition (dont think it does it by default) before flashing and do a factory reset in cwm before flashing if not upgrading from previous CM9

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

lighters

lighters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:G300
Silly question but how do I do that? I boot into cwm and then wipe file/cache and thats pretty much it :'(

Is the factory reset same as format file/cache, if not where is it in options?

As posted previously, infusion b05

grizzlyflea

grizzlyflea

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Flash the cwm made for this. That way you'll have minimal problems when you flash the rom

tracasan

tracasan

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
seems google play has a problem with my home wi-fi. tried a neighbours wi-fi and downloads work just fine. this is odd... everything works just fine exept downloads from google play...

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
What grizzlyflea said :)

Then have a look around at the possible options

Format system is in mounts and storage
Factory reset is easy to find too

Edited by tcpaulh, 23 November 2012 - 11:33 PM.

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

seems google play has a problem with my home wi-fi. tried a neighbours wi-fi and downloads work just fine. this is odd... everything works just fine exept downloads from google play...

Bit odd. I'd tell it to forget your wifi settings on the phone, reboot router and phone and try again.

PaulMilbank

PaulMilbank

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
in a first for me with this rom, I am getting wifi loading, but not turning blue to indicate a working connection through wifi. Will try take a logcat this afternoon and see if I can diagnose the problem.

yanda

yanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 CM10+ OSF - CM10
Thank Dazzozo .super work. I was not everything now works / TV apk , wifi , volume during a call .. /

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

in a first for me with this rom, I am getting wifi loading, but not turning blue to indicate a working connection through wifi. Will try take a logcat this afternoon and see if I can diagnose the problem.

Apologies if it's obvious but have you tried levelling the playing field by getting it to forget everything, resetting at both ends and retrying?

Edit: Also, check any mac address filtering cos that has changed somewhat

Edited by tcpaulh, 23 November 2012 - 11:50 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users