[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Oh no I'm not using any clockwork mod
Well there's your answer. Read the 1st post... If you don't use the version of CWM made by this team then you shouldn't expect any help. Although I suspect you do actually have CWM.

I really like this rom, all the good stuff is there (GJ Dazz).

Only thing, somehow I feel that battery charge/control is a bit off.

1. battery is down to 10% when plugged on charger. Very fast "full" charge. (left it on charger over night)

2. next day 8am 100%, NO 3G at all, Wifi ON all day, 60 in off talk time, 15-20 min of web browsing, 10pm battery at 13%, Full charge over night

3. next day, same usage, NO 3G..... at 11pm battery at 70%, second day at 8pm batt at 30%...

To simplify, whit the same charging habits and pretty same usage sometimes battery lasts 10-15 hours, sometimes it lasts 50+ hours....

Looks like that battery status (charge) is not accurate, and phone completes charging before battery is really full.

Maybe it just me.... Anyone else make sense of this....

how long since you flashed? / are the stats still calibrating? I did similar to you yesterday. 98% @ 6am. Light use, 3g + wifi on all day, out of wifi range 90% of the time. 88% left @ 11pm.

I've never had problems with caller lag, proximity sensor, or leds not working or showing the wrong /too few colours. Aren't the led issues all related to non stock apps?

Oh no I'm not using any clockwork mod

Well there's your answer. Read the 1st post... If you don't use the version of CWM made by this team then you shouldn't expect any help. Although I suspect you do actually have CWM.

So how do I find out if I have it or not?

Guest Upayidance

Battery drain like a mofooooo when i use 3G, good i almost never do! :D People who get reboots, do you have 3G on when reboots happen?

Havent had a reboot myself when using 2G ever, and battery stays for DAYS if i just use it normaly, playing music drains a bit, but i think that might have to do with apollo using traffic when listening to it :P Apollo uses, not alot, but uses traffic, is it a one time thing to update all the covers of artists or will it continuously drain data all the time? :D

In-call volume and small echo sound in calls still present. :(

Love CM9!!

Mine is cwm based recovery v.6.0.1.2

Not supported. You have to use v6.0.1.9 linked in the 1st post, like it says.

"No guarantees that OTAs will work without our CWM build -- the link to it is below."

Edited by fr0do

Guest MrPuddington
To simplify, whit the same charging habits and pretty same usage sometimes battery lasts 10-15 hours, sometimes it lasts 50+ hours....

I think the battery use of Android is notoriously unpredictable. Following the same habits is absolutely no guarantee for getting the same battery drain, in fact it just takes one misbehaving app to drain the battery. I would look at the stats more closely, although I agree that the battery stats can be very inaccurate and misleading. But at the end of the day, the battery level should only have an error of around 10% or so.

Guest Dazzozo

R4 is about to go live. I've been playing with the GetCM server for the past hour or so getting it to work with changelogs, so if you tried to download and things were amiss it should be okay now.

But then again, why would you download now I told you that R4 is on the way? :P

Edit: Up :)

Guest psionandy

Pausing only to look at the changelog on the front page, Psionandy picked up his phone and noticed that the cmupdater told him that R4 was available... so he pluged his phone into the power supply (as the battery was a little low) and hit the download button..

.... one download, restart... optimizing apps... and restart later everything is up and going again. Too early to say if there's an improvement in battery life yet (pauses to put down laptop and see if battery stats are there.. they weren't but that was mentioned in the change log).

I'm incredibly impressed at how smoothly the OTA updates work. They are definitely seem to be smoother than the system Hauwei use.

Thanks and thanks again.

Edited by psionandy

:blink: Wow.. I have started almost any application I have on the phone without killing app on exit and it's working for 50 minutes without any problems or lags etc... We'll see, but for now it feels a lot faster than R3...

Thats the slicked OTA update method I've seen on this phone. Everything upgraded and restored perfectly from R3 to R4! Great work Dazzozo!

Ah, just realised I lost Cyda's circle battery mod in the update but he did say it was only for R3.

Edited by Guest

Guest Dazzozo

Thats the slicked OTA update method I've seen on this phone. Everything upgraded and restored perfectly from R3 to R4! Great work Dazzozo!

Ah, just realised I lost Cyda's circle battery mod in the update but he did say it was only for R3.

They're framework modifications. They're not meant to be preserved as you would be pretty much preserving the entire old build.

Fresh install here since no previous CM9 builds have been usable on my phone due to the wi-fi freeze -

Well I've been able to reboot the phone with wi-fi enabled for the very first time in CM9. Several times. Toggling it on and off many many times hasn't forced a single crash.

Play store is incredibly fast. iPlayer working grand. No force closes so far.

Guest classless

Got the font bug in the first 5 minutes. I made a screen shot and tried to save to dropbox first and phone froze. Couldn't get it to restart without battery pull. Strange thing is that it didn't have font 'scrambled' bug before. 3g data stil drains my battery way too fast. Would like to try fast dormancy off but don't know how. Please give some advice. Overall i feel it's faster than R3. Thank you dazz, hope you don't give up on cm9 until it's perfect :rolleyes:

Guest Dazzozo

There is a GPU hang (you can cause it by going to the menu in the SMS app and choosing Settings) but it happens for about 20% of people from what we saw in IRC.

It's due to a tiled rendering setting I enabled. I've already reverted that small part of the change and have built an R5. I can push it if people are suffering from it. Fortunately for people who do framework mods the framework hasn't changed.