2431 replies to this topic

shpibrazz

shpibrazz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:HUAWEI Ascend g300, MediaPad

Have similar issue with battery whilst on mobile data, drops 1% PM. Stopped using data and battery % stabilized. Checked again after 30 minutes and it had gone back up by 4% ???

Have also noticed that after disconnecting USB cable the 'USB Connected' and 'USB debugging connected' icons remain in the status bar until the phone is rebooted. Does anyone else have this issue?

Neither of these issues really affect my usage though. Am staying with CM9 as this is by far the best rom i have used.

Did yall calibrated your battery after flashing the rom??

pjjames55

pjjames55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:anything computery, cycling, footy and tinkering
  • Devices:gt540,I5800, Advent Vega, G300

Did yall calibrated your battery after flashing the rom??

Have flashed numerous times and have never had to calibrate. I agree with dazzo that this is going to be a calculation error hence not worried in the slightest about it.

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, Huawei G300, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
'calibrating' battery is literally pointless, always.

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo
This is a result of adding the battery statistics. We have not changed mobile data at all in R3. The statistics simply weight mobile data much higher in battery usage than it actually is. The stats are there, but they're not necessarily right.

Yes, calibrating the battery is pointless, it has been removed officially from CWM and the process happens every time you fully charge the device anyway. You are not calibrating anything, you are just wiping harmless statistics for that session.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

PaulMilbank

PaulMilbank

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
To all those who have the battery drain, what happens if you boot into recovery, wipe cache, wipe dalvic cache and then fix permissions? That something I have had before on my old phone was needing to do the wipes and permissions fix which stopped the battery drain magically. May help, may not, you don't lose anything if you do it's worth a try.
My battery has been great on R3. 20% discharged and 5 hours usage, 3g always on and some phone calls and texts. Really happy with that.

Also might be worth letting the battery run right down at least once and then fully charging, .

Edited by PaulMilbank, 26 November 2012 - 12:35 AM.

flixblixclix

flixblixclix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Browsing
  • Devices:Dell xcd35
  • Twitter:@flixblixclix

Prove me wrong?

Post #4 http://forums.androi...-all-night.html

Well they weren't very smart smartphones then.

Do you think it makes sense to stop charging something when it's full and then let it slowly discharge to a certain level brfore switching itself back on?

It is.

And that's why it does.

u didn't get me correctly... did i say i left my mobile plugged in even after its 1i00%...... i said, when i plugged out with 100% , in morning i see only 89% without any use as i was sleeping lol... now let me show the proof ... down...

Attached File  IMG_20121126_050609.jpg   325.14KB   69 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot_2012-11-26-05-00-26.png   123.65KB   74 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot_2012-11-26-05-07-33.png   56.01KB   70 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot_2012-11-26-05-08-00.png   138.66KB   67 downloads

1st image = galaxy s2
2nd image= zte blade
3rd image= huawei ascend g300 - look the changes ... from 90 to 76 (its time too)
4th image = huawei ascend g300 - battery stats suddenly goes down

Edited by flixblixclix, 26 November 2012 - 02:49 AM.

Be Smart, Not Hard.

Mario_Cardoso

Mario_Cardoso

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Devices:Sony Xperia J

This is a result of adding the battery statistics. We have not changed mobile data at all in R3. The statistics simply weight mobile data much higher in battery usage than it actually is. The stats are there, but they're not necessarily right.

I'm having the drain issue in 3G too, but in R2. O didn't tried R3 yet.

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
I think you should tweak it the other way Daz then everyone will believe that battery life is great. Problem solved!

Posted Image

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, Huawei G300, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
fbc, in order to avoid damage, most (all?) phones have battery charging logic. They charge then back off. Constantly keeping 100% while on charge would significantly hasten your battery's demise. It would kill it.

The conceit is that it still shows 100 even if charging logic has stopped before then in order to keep your battery healthy. Then, when you unplug it there is a discrepancy in the mAh and it adjusts to the real % charged over a short period.

If you want to force it to 100% you can try:

http://www.reddit.co...over_the_place/

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

flixblixclix

flixblixclix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Browsing
  • Devices:Dell xcd35
  • Twitter:@flixblixclix

fbc, in order to avoid damage, most (all?) phones have battery charging logic. They charge then back off. Constantly keeping 100% while on charge would significantly hasten your battery's demise. It would kill it.

The conceit is that it still shows 100 even if charging logic has stopped before then in order to keep your battery healthy. Then, when you unplug it there is a discrepancy in the mAh and it adjusts to the real % charged over a short period.

If you want to force it to 100% you can try:

http://www.reddit.co...over_the_place/

yeah this seems to be k....

but too many times i see on huawei ascend..... just only i see 46% but as i plugged to-- it suddenly goes to 56% .. is tat battery calculation error on R3 or whats tat...

could u see in my third image above. from 90 drops to 76 with in 3 minutes....wts tat

Edited by flixblixclix, 26 November 2012 - 08:27 AM.

Be Smart, Not Hard.

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Devices:huawei

To all those who have the battery drain, what happens if you boot into recovery, wipe cache, wipe dalvic cache and then fix permissions? That something I have had before on my old phone was needing to do the wipes and permissions fix which stopped the battery drain magically. May help, may not, you don't lose anything if you do it's worth a try.
My battery has been great on R3. 20% discharged and 5 hours usage, 3g always on and some phone calls and texts. Really happy with that.

Also might be worth letting the battery run right down at least once and then fully charging, .

whats the fix permission for and is this perfomed after reboot?

PaulMilbank

PaulMilbank

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
I don't know, it may just be a superstitious voodoo thing like wiping battery stats. I think the idea is that an app or service is running incorrectly due to bad permissions and fixing them in CWM recovery stops that happening and resolves any potential issues. Wiping cache and dalvic cache is another common fixit for everything. It does not hurt to do it, you don't lose anything, just that first boot takes longer. Just reboot to recovery, do all three and then boot and run as normal.

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

I don't know, it may just be a superstitious voodoo thing like wiping battery stats. I think the idea is that an app or service is running incorrectly due to bad permissions and fixing them in CWM recovery stops that happening and resolves any potential issues. Wiping cache and dalvic cache is another common fixit for everything. It does not hurt to do it, you don't lose anything, just that first boot takes longer. Just reboot to recovery, do all three and then boot and run as normal.

#

will try and see if it helps.thanks

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

#

will try and see if it helps.thanks

just tried it,funny thing is it was on about 44% before now its on 31%

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
Too many people worried about percentages and stats. Here's some facts for you.

I get through a work day (6 til 5) with about 70% battery left on this rom, on infusion, on stock+...

Just enjoy it don't worry

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Too many people worried about percentages and stats. Here's some facts for you.

I get through a work day (6 til 5) with about 70% battery left on this rom, on infusion, on stock+...

Just enjoy it don't worry

ye sbut have you tried it with 3g turned on,see how it goes down?

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
I leave 3g on for the whole 11 hours I'm at work. Use some tapatalk, emails and eBay with a few texts.

oldfella

oldfella

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
the battery consumption with 3G turned on depends on signal strength - in my area I have a very weak 3G signal and a very strong 2G signal.

so I keep 3G turned off.

Feahnor

Feahnor

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade S, Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@jmphotos
Is there anyway to tweak camera parameters? Pictures come out really oversharpened and with very agressive noise reduction and contrast applied.

Owl93

Owl93

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G
  • Twitter:@O_0wl
Since I installed R3 i can't receive/send MMS is this normal? (and yes I've APNs configured)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users