[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest PixelPixie

Installed r3 yesterday over a factory reset and received the r4 and r5 ota updates without any problems, really impressed, everything seems fast and responsive. After a good few hours hard use still had 130MB+ of ram, not the 20 or 30mb the same sort of use on B936 would of left me.

Did get a bit of text corruption in the play store like the post above, re launching it seemed to sort it.

Overall first impressions seem really good. Thanks a lot all involved :-)

Edited by PixelPixie

Guest brummieboi

Hello. Just wanted to add my thanks for the time and effort put into the development of this ROM and the information that is put into the user guides. I've installed the latest CWM recovery tool and CM9, both being very straightforward.

I have WIFI freezes when toggling and also at boot up. Even with R5. My own workaround is to temporarily disable the WIFI on my router, complete work required on phone, reboot and then re-enable the WIFI on the router. Saves having to pull battery / re-flash etc. Any further advice on this would be well received.

Apart from that, very impressed with the speed and responsiveness of the ROM. Way beyond anything that was capable of stock. Regards...

Guest djuroue

Upgraded OTA R5 this morning, and i noticed that transitions of launcher and scrolling notification bar up and down is not so smooth like in R3. For me R3 did the job, not a single hang, freeze or random reboot!

I will revert to R3..

p.s. sorry for not being on irc, have some family busines, so i dont have time :P

Guest marcioo

I don't understand, in R3 Dead Trigger works really good, with no problems but now in R5 there is the same problem that I have it before... (with transparent delay)

Guest psionandy

There is a GPU hang (you can cause it by going to the menu in the SMS app and choosing Settings) but it happens for about 20% of people from what we saw in IRC.

Thanks... I guess i'm in the lucky 80%, no problems for me there, so i'll stay on r4

Why is it prompts the following information:

my version :R3

OTA the R5

E:failed to verify whole-file signature

E:singature verification failed

installation aborted.

Guest Dazzozo

Why is tapatalk no longer compatible? Any try looking on market and confirm? Restored a backup and it does work...

It's compatible for me. I doubt it depends on Wi-Fi direct or USB host which is all we removed.

Guest kaplanvr

Hey a couple of quick questions. I've had some issues when updating to R3 when updating OTA. It froze on the Huawei screen, so I did it through CWM, which got stuck on the Cyanogen load screen, and basically I ended up having to wipe everything. In addition, recently realized I have CWM v.6.0.1.2 installed instead of v.6.0.1.9. so just to be sure before I update this time, can someone explain how to:

1. Update CWM (Is it just the same thing as this http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/re-root-unlock-bootloader-install-clockworkmod-recovery/ - but with the file found this thread?

2. Make a backup of my apps/settings etc that I can restore in case something goes wrong again.

Thanks!

Hey a couple of quick questions. I've had some issues when updating to R3 when updating OTA. It froze on the Huawei screen, so I did it through CWM, which got stuck on the Cyanogen load screen, and basically I ended up having to wipe everything. In addition, recently realized I have CWM v.6.0.1.2 installed instead of v.6.0.1.9. so just to be sure before I update this time, can someone explain how to:

1. Update CWM (Is it just the same thing as this http://huaweig300.co...rkmod-recovery/ - but with the file found this thread?

2. Make a backup of my apps/settings etc that I can restore in case something goes wrong again.

Thanks!

Just flash the latest recovery 'in' the recovery. If you want to back up the ENTIRE phone, do a nandroid backup.

-boot into CWM recovery-backup and restore

-backup

-let it do it's thing

-done!

Now, if you need to restore, go into recovery and click

-backup and restore

-restore

-click the backup you did

-let it do it's thing

-done

Now just go back and reboot. If you only want to back up apps, so you can transfer them to another ROM, use allbackup as it seems to work the best.

Make sure you backup the files that albackup creates on you computer.

Edited by kyan31

@ kaplanvr

- Clockwork: Download the zip file for the clockwork version you want to install. Get it onto your SD card. Get into the clockwork recovery version you currently have installed (volume up and power on at the same time, hold for a bit). Chose the option in clockwork that lets you chose the location of the zip you want to flash. Pick the clockwork version you dowloaded and put onto your SD card, chose to flash it. Reboot, get back into clockwork and the version number should have changed.

- Backup: Pick the backup and restore option in clockwork. You can make a nandroid backup with this.

For a more detailed explanation, try reading the stickied threads at the top of the forum.

I went out last night and had a most enjoyable evening drinking Christmas cocktails. I got back home and decided that the most important thing in the world was updating my stock gingerbread to this marvelous new CM9 build. Despite being a serious potential for disaster, it all went smoothly, probably thanks to my blade experience. Went to bed, and in the morning phone was still working and all nicely ICS blue. It seems smoother, faster, and generally a nicer colour (which is of course, most important).

Thank you, Dazzo & Fagulhas for all your hard work; it is very much appreciated.

Guest Frankish

It's compatible for me. I doubt it depends on Wi-Fi direct or USB host which is all we removed.

I'll try a clean flash of r5 then and see how it goes. Was strange it worked in r3 then r4 and r5 incompatible. Thanks daz.

I've tried r5 and switched back to r4.. transitions are much smoother in r4 with nova launcher and look & feel options set to "relaxed"... I don't know if it has any relation with that tiled rendering setting, but with r4 it really feels like a new phone.. :)