thanks

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200

A lot of apps are incompatible with my phone... even gmail. Will this be fixed in future builds?

...eh?

nsmacd1

nsmacd1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Devices:Vowney (Verne) V5 & G300

A lot of apps are incompatible with my phone... even gmail. Will this be fixed in future builds?

I've got Gmail installed & it works fine - The only apps that don't work are Huawei AllBackUp app & FM Radio to my knowledge.

Currently using:-

Posted Image

Andymac1969

Andymac1969

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Devices:LG G2, Moto G
Not sure if this helps with the battery stats or even gives a clue as to what the cause may be. I left the house today, battery fully charged, got the usual drop to 91% within a few minutes, but the strange part of the picture is I was out for 3 1/2 hours but it is only showing as on battery for 55 minutes? Anyone any ideas, it was not turned off, restarted, charged or suffered a reboot.

Andrew

EDIT, is it me or does that graph line look like its going up??

Attached Files

Edited by Andymac1969, 27 November 2012 - 05:02 PM.

flixblixclix

flixblixclix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Browsing
  • Devices:Dell xcd35
  • Twitter:@flixblixclix

Not sure if this helps with the battery stats or even gives a clue as to what the cause may be. I left the house today, battery fully charged, got the usual drop to 91% within a few minutes, but the strange part of the picture is I was out for 3 1/2 hours but it is only showing as on battery for 55 minutes? Anyone any ideas, it was not turned off, restarted, charged or suffered a reboot.

Andrew

still battery stats s not perfect.....

Be Smart, Not Hard.

acw285

acw285

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Huawei u8150, Huawei u8815
is it possible to unlock phone from Vodafone after flashing mod 9? I have bought an unlock code but I'm not being prompted to enter it when I put in sim from my old phone. It prompted for code before I flashed mod 9, but I didn't have the code then.

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, Huawei G300, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh

is it possible to unlock phone from Vodafone after flashing mod 9? I have bought an unlock code but I'm not being prompted to enter it when I put in sim from my old phone. It prompted for code before I flashed mod 9, but I didn't have the code then.

You'll have to be on a stock based rom to use your unlock code.

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

Huaweian

Huaweian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

ecolley

ecolley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone v1240

Would these work on this ROM?

http://www.androidga...pk-ics-rom.html

http://www.androidga...android-42.html

The Jelly Bean keyboard is working perfectly for me. I haven't bothered to try the camera, as I believe you need a gyroscope for PhotoShphere to work, and we don't have one :-(

shadygad

shadygad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
thanks mate. ..
but my menu key (the left touch key) working but no lighting in it .. after upgrading

Edited by shadygad, 27 November 2012 - 06:02 PM.

gnb10

gnb10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
I updated from R2 to R3 over the weekend and my first comment is that the update mechanism is extremely nice: did an OTA update, everything went smoothly, all setting survived. R3 is working very nicely for me but I did note one (pleasant) oddity that seemed worth asking about. On R2 the 'phone suffered fairly frequent reboots that seemed to be related to moving in and out of 3G coverage, and other people had reported something similar. After two days of the commute to work (which used to trigger this reliably) I haven't seen the issue, but there's nothing in the R3 changes listed or in the comments in this thread that suggests it's been deliberately fixed. Is this an actual fix that didn't get a mention in the release notes or is the apparent improvement jprobably ust luck?

psaras

psaras

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

I've got Gmail installed & it works fine - The only apps that don't work are Huawei AllBackUp app & FM Radio to my knowledge.

All backup works with system data (phonebook, messages, notes, calendar...), but refuse to restore app data. Install from cwm.

Ludak021

Ludak021

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

The Jelly Bean keyboard is working perfectly for me. I haven't bothered to try the camera, as I believe you need a gyroscope for PhotoShphere to work, and we don't have one :-(

since spirit level apps work using accelerometer, I guess gyroscope is not needed?!

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
With R3 this rom became 100% daily driver for me. Minimal issues, I have a notification led only working sometimes no other bugs I can think of. I go back to stock I have no hwa UI, default storage issues, dictionary issues and memory issues!

I dare anyone to contest that r3 isn't the BEST rom available for the g300? And don't use battery excuses as I get 3 hours of screen on time (my average days use) with this rom, infusion and stock+.

Also just want to add I get no slow downs after a couple of days etc either so that must be app related. I'd suggest before reporting that as an issue run the rom for a couple of days without installing any extra apps or restoring any old data.

Edited by Frankish, 27 November 2012 - 09:25 PM.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
Couldn't add battery usage to last post for some reason. This usage includes 30 minutes of tethering and most time spent in an area with 1 or 2 bars of H.

Attached Files

klezkk

klezkk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300
I'd like to report the procedure I've used to get CM9 up and running (latest suggested CWM6)

1) backup apps, profiles and another backup via CWM
2) wipe data, cache, dalvik and format /system
3) reboot recovery
4) flash CM9
5) boot the phone and setup wifi
6) shutdown or battery pull
7) flash GAPPS
8) reboot
9) setup google account
10) reboot
11) install apps and enjoy

This is not guaranteed to work, it's just the procedure that led me to a successful installation... I've encountered 4 complete freezes on previous setups.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts

hey, can i flash google now from Tillaz (i know i can do it but will it work)?
has anyone done this?

Yes but you need to flash it twice.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts

Andrew

Looks perfectly straight to me :D

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
@dazzozo are you aware of the non-functioning video studio app? Everyone's I try to import a video/image, it tells me this:

Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1354053250571.jpg   29.87KB   44 downloads

Dellboy2012

Dellboy2012

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Twitter:@Dellboy2012
Can someone please explain options in memory management menu?
Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users