• Please log in to reply
2435 replies to this topic

BillBong

BillBong

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
I'm just trying this in between flashing the new version of Infusion. So far, it seems pretty solid to me, and haven't had any major problems but I just wanted to check a couple of things:

1) Is there any way to get a horizontal battery "bar" (miui style) instead of the battery icon/%?
2) On the pulldown notification, it shows "no service" even though I've got a signal and been able to make a call with that showing. It did also show Orange PCS Ltd (I'm with T-Mobile so it's usually one or the other or EE)

timfimjim

timfimjim

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend g300, Nexus 7
People with battery issues - do you just get a lot of battery drain when mobile data is on? Have you tried turning it off and seeing if battery life changes?

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

I'm just trying this in between flashing the new version of Infusion. So far, it seems pretty solid to me, and haven't had any major problems but I just wanted to check a couple of things:

1) Is there any way to get a horizontal battery "bar" (miui style) instead of the battery icon/%?
2) On the pulldown notification, it shows "no service" even though I've got a signal and been able to make a call with that showing. It did also show Orange PCS Ltd (I'm with T-Mobile so it's usually one or the other or EE)

Some stuff hasn't been configured, that's why it says no service. I have the exact same problem but it is nothing to worry about.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
@dazzozo I think I found a bug in the CMupdater app. For some reason, it alerts me that there is a new update available even though there obviously isn't. Clicking the notification just takes me to the updater without doing any updates. It's only happened twice so I don't mind, but still it's something to investigate :P

Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1354055879858.jpg   39.75KB   69 downloads

P.S. apologies for all my comments, I've posted quite a lot in a small space of time lol.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

drituss

drituss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Not sure, but I think that I had the same issue with the led even on stock B944: sometimes the led was off and there was a notification (a message from whatsapp).

After 4 days with CM9 - R3, no problems at all. Thanks Dazzozo!

Ludak021

Ludak021

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
is there any way we can get AROMA ported to this CM?

mainly interested in

NativeSD (SD-EXT)
    system@EXT4, data@EXT4, boot@FAT32
    For high speed read/write SD Card only (Class 6 or 10). Otherwise you may get poor performance.
    Please create a FAT32 primary partition with 32KB cluster size, then an EXT4 primary partition with default cluster size on your SD card.
    Please visit NativeSD thread for more info.

since phone internal storage is like 3KB/s and my SD card is ~15MB/s I guess this would speed up the loading times and phone in general by A LOT for people with good class 10 SD cards :)

Thanks?! :P

darthmaul88

darthmaul88

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Devices:Huawei g300

People with battery issues - do you just get a lot of battery drain when mobile data is on? Have you tried turning it off and seeing if battery life changes?

I tried it. it does not changes when I turn data off. So it is not an error with the battery stats it is just huge drain. I have also noticed that the phone is getting warmer which might be consistent with someones statement that the CPU is used big time during browsing in 3g.
Could it be that fast dormancy is not supported by my network thus the phone keeps switching the data on and off?
How I disable it?

sedj

sedj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
Anyone have problem with GPS not working after charging phone, reboot is the only cure.

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

I have also noticed that the phone is getting warmer

So are you overclocking?

Posted Image

jordanclarke69

jordanclarke69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Pulse/G300

I have also noticed that the phone is getting warmer

+1 to getting warmer. No overclocking here as I wouldn't know what to set the figures at!

darthmaul88

darthmaul88

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Devices:Huawei g300

So are you overclocking?

no overclocking

Christiansdad

Christiansdad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:G300
I believe you can edit the build.prop by adding ro.ril.fast.dormancy.rule=0 not sure if this is all that is needed. I can't find the link to xda though where i found this. There is also reference to it in the Infusion thread.

I tried it. it does not changes when I turn data off. So it is not an error with the battery stats it is just huge drain. I have also noticed that the phone is getting warmer which might be consistent with someones statement that the CPU is used big time during browsing in 3g.
Could it be that fast dormancy is not supported by my network thus the phone keeps switching the data on and off?
How I disable it?

shpibrazz

shpibrazz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:HUAWEI Ascend g300, MediaPad
My in-call volume goes from 20% to 100% in five seconds after i make/recieve a call! the volume rocker is not responding! Is there any solution?i'm using r3

MrDjibrilo

MrDjibrilo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Devices:G300
  • Twitter:@umad11
Notifications disappear randomly and when i hold the power button long enough they reappear

psionandy

psionandy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Mobile tech.. gadgets.. Liverpool FC
  • Devices:Note 2 and Ascend G300 CM10 R2
  • Twitter:@psionandy

If mobile data is off, then there's not drain, but when mobile data is gone it occurs. No overclocking on. Setting it to 3G only (instead of letting it flip between 2g and 3g) doesn't make any difference. Governor is set to On demand (which is the default setting)

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

since phone internal storage is like 3KB/s and my SD card is ~15MB/s I guess this would speed up the loading times and phone in general by A LOT for people with good class 10 SD cards :)

Horse poop. :P

With SD Tools and CM9, you're currently looking at around 7-8MB/s write and 32-33MB/s read from the internal flash storage. I have a very capable Samsung Class 10 SD card and it benches at 12MB/s write and 20MB/s read under the same environment. 'Load'times are clearly faster from the internal storage than any SD available.

Edited by unaszplodrmann, 28 November 2012 - 11:48 AM.

Kill the bee... and ultimately... you'll have nothing to spread on your toast — John Shuttleworth

DJ Hanz

DJ Hanz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I works nice :) But when I used S3 1.6 ROM I'got 4083 points in antutu and now I have 3753 points. And I have one question: What does it means, that gui is hardware accelerated? Is is something like project butter in JB?

Nike2

Nike2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Something's wrong here. I was using CM9 R1 -> R2 -> R3 OTA. I decided to reflash the ROM cause some minor bugs like AM/PM Style. So here is what I do:
-backup apps, sms, call log, wifi ap, launcher layout with GO Backup. Formated the SD card.
-wipe data / cache / dalvik
-format system
-flash R3
-flash gapps
-reboot
-restore with GO Backup
Now the AM/PM bug is still there (not a big deal). But now I have Caller ID lag bug that wasn't there before that reflash.
What's going on?

Ludak021

Ludak021

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Horse poop. :P

With SD Tools and CM9, you're currently looking at around 7-8MB/s write and 32-33MB/s read from the internal flash storage. I have a very capable Samsung Class 10 SD card and it benches at 12MB/s write and 20MB/s read under the same environment. 'Load'times are clearly faster from the internal storage than any SD available.

that's weird, antutu says different and when I move apps to SD they load faster, noticeably faster, especially games, navigation, etc. :) I guess we have two totally different experiences.

Edited by Ludak021, 28 November 2012 - 02:24 PM.

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

that's weird, antutu says different and when I move apps to SD they load faster, noticeably faster, especially games, navigation, etc. :) I guess we have two totally different experiences.

Antutu is not a reliable benchmark, that's why.

Kill the bee... and ultimately... you'll have nothing to spread on your toast — John Shuttleworth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users