Photo

[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

2442 replies to this topic

Huaweian

Huaweian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
For some reason, it takes time for my home screen to load after I'm on an app for a few minutes. Any help?

I am using stock launcher as in trebuchet.

sashko69

sashko69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Install Apex or Nova, Trebuchet is known as pretty slow launcher.

tracasan

tracasan

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:huawei g300; lg p500
caller id lag is present for me on R3.

blademaster123

blademaster123

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Nexus7 , G300 gaming, Parkour, Guitar :D
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Nexus 7
how do i change launcher?

"Someone who has never made a mistake, has never tried anything new"

Albert Einstein

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
Install a new one from market. Set as default.

efix_LT

efix_LT

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:U8815, U8800Pro
ROM is very unstable (often reboots), when using latest Skype with 3G. Didn't tried with wifi

sashko69

sashko69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
Go to PlayStore and search for Apex or Nova. After installing, press HOME and you will be prompted what launcher do you want to use.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
Had 4200 on antutu on R3. Internal storage is very fast.

Ludak021

Ludak021

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Antutu is not a reliable benchmark, that's why.

what is reliable benchmark then?! Pray tell me how did you manage to use SDTools to test system internal memory speed since the app has neither root permission nor enough space in system to actually test these speeds? Best I managed to do is test 2GB internal storage. It seems to me that SDTools is using ONE large (190mb?!) chunk to read/write and measure speed. If that is reliable I am Santa Claus. :P

All I know is that If Navigon takes a minute to load from phone memory and after clearing it from memory and cache and moving it to SD it takes 12-15 seconds, that is reliable enough to me no matter what any tool may say. We all know it's one thing to read/write small files and large files, speed may differ up to 1000% between r/w of 4kb file and a 1gb single file, maybe even more.

ovecka

ovecka

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Noticed a weird bug today. I can't get ringtone to work. I only get vibrations on incoming calls. Everything is set, ringtone volume at 6/7, no silent mode, SMS or E-mail notifications work normally. Any ideas?

Edited by ovecka, 28 November 2012 - 07:39 PM.

Ludak021

Ludak021

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
Other thing: Viber voice calls not working for me for some reason, people can hear me but I can't hear them :S Maybe it's a network issue. Anyone using Viber with R3? Is it working for voice or not?

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors , family and phone
  • Devices:zte blade + Huawei Ascend G300

what is reliable benchmark then?! Pray tell me how did you manage to use SDTools to test system internal memory speed since the app has neither root permission nor enough space in system to actually test these speeds? Best I managed to do is test 2GB internal storage. It seems to me that SDTools is using ONE large (190mb?!) chunk to read/write and measure speed. If that is reliable I am Santa Claus. :P

All I know is that If Navigon takes a minute to load from phone memory and after clearing it from memory and cache and moving it to SD it takes 12-15 seconds, that is reliable enough to me no matter what any tool may say. We all know it's one thing to read/write small files and large files, speed may differ up to 1000% between r/w of 4kb file and a 1gb single file, maybe even more.

I sort of agree with you. On my ZTE Blade I used app2sd to move apps and cache to the sd cards external partition and used an sd booster app.
The sd card is a class 10 San disc.

Now as my house has 3 blades all running the same rom.
I can say without a shadow of doubt that my phone is very noticeably faster then the the other 2.
Its also stated as an improvement on Chinese blades with half the ram as the European blades to use something similar to improve performance.

Biohazard

marcioo

marcioo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
This ROM is soooo amaziiiing! *.* I love it!

rob4x4

rob4x4

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4,Tesco Hudl
Is there an option to reboot into recovery (CWM) or do you have to do it manually (battery pull). I didn't notice one. If there isn't an option could it be added in as it would save a lot of messing about with battery covers etc.... Just a thought!

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

Is there an option to reboot into recovery (CWM) or do you have to do it manually (battery pull). I didn't notice one. If there isn't an option could it be added in as it would save a lot of messing about with battery covers etc.... Just a thought!

Power button > reboot > select which option you want.

rob4x4

rob4x4

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4,Tesco Hudl

Power button > reboot > select which option you want.

Doh! Sorry, I really should pay more attention (or get more sleep).

Cardie

Cardie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Had 4200 on antutu on R3. Internal storage is very fast.

Ive had this aswell about 4220 ish at 1280mhz. Struggled to get 3000 on stock roms.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
OMG I just got 4500+ on Antutu with this ROM. Is that even possible :blink:

Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1354146836676.jpg   49.51KB   53 downloads

That's with 1.2 ghz and ondemand

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

grizzlyflea

grizzlyflea

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Antutu is just f***ing about

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

what is reliable benchmark then?!

Quadrant seems OK, at least the results can be replicated, unlike Antutu.

Pray tell me how did you manage to use SDTools to test system internal memory speed since the app has neither root permission nor enough space in system to actually test these speeds? Best I managed to do is test 2GB internal storage. It seems to me that SDTools is using ONE large (190mb?!) chunk to read/write and measure speed. If that is reliable I am Santa Claus. :P

I pointed it at /mnt/emmc. I didn't claim to test any other mountpoint. Yes, it appears to perform a simple sequential read/write and output it's throughput... And the result is replicable.

The initial figures you gave appeared as if plucked out of the air, without indication of whether you were refering to read or write speeds. Any claim that the internal eMMC performs terrribly compared to an SD, based on the scant evidence you proffered, is obviously tenuous. Sure, an SD might perform better under some read/write patterns - fair enough - I concede that. But when a simple, replicable, bulk throughput test indicates that the internal storage actually performs favourably compared to an SD card, you must surely question the assumption that the internal memory is just plain slow.

Kill the bee... and ultimately... you'll have nothing to spread on your toast — John Shuttleworth

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users