[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

I wouldn't if everything I tried didn't end up beeing a brick wall, in the last 24h "fixing it myself" is what I've been trying to do, actually coming on modaco was my last resort and upon reading half of the CM10 thread I see a lot of people complaining about the same thing and the single person that seemed like it was able to fix it didn't even bothered to explain. Sorry if I seem blunt and pissed, I know nobody owes me anything for it, but uppon having the phone off most of the time and spent the majority of the day trying to fix this without any success, I really am on edge with it. All the while, the only people who seem to aknowledge the problem are the ones asking for help like I am, but right now I'm at the point where I either keep on trying the same things over and over, or I have a working phone.

Guest soulhand

I see a lot of people complaining about the same thing and the single person that seemed like it was able to fix it didn't even bothered to explain. [...] All the while, the only people who seem to aknowledge the problem are the ones asking for help like I am, but right now I'm at the point where I either keep on trying the same things over and over, or I have a working phone.

The problem is those of us who don't have the problem don't know what you're doing differently or is different about your phone so there isn't much we can do to resolve it.

It might help if you say *exactly* what steps you are doing, You say "full wipe". What are you wiping? What are you formatting? When are you doing battery pulls or not? What upgrades did you do before (and so what RIL did you end up with, for instance).

But right now it seems to me you're saying "It doesn't work, I did what I think were the right steps and it doesn't work, fix it for me". Not really easy to do that!

The problem is those of us who don't have the problem don't know what you're doing differently or is different about your phone so there isn't much we can do to resolve it.

It might help if you say *exactly* what steps you are doing, You say "full wipe". What are you wiping? What are you formatting? When are you doing battery pulls or not? What upgrades did you do before (and so what RIL did you end up with, for instance).

But right now it seems to me you're saying "It doesn't work, I did what I think were the right steps and it doesn't work, fix it for me". Not really easy to do that!

I've mentioned what I did in the post above, but fair enough I'll be more thorough.

Updated to CWM6 availble in OP using the multitouch .zip, flashed it via the install zip options, working 100%.

1. Pulled battery to boot into CWM, wiped data/factory reset, cache, and dalvik, installed the rom + gapps, reboot, nothing.

2. Same as above, did an aditional wipe on all 3 after installing the rom + gapps for good measure, nothing.

3. Did 1. and 2. while going into mount and storage, formated everything but the external sdcard, nothing.

4. Tried doing a recovery reboot after wiping all 3 and formating, and before installing the rom, nothing.

5. Tried formating the external and internal sdcards, re-downloaded all the necessary files and retried everything above, nothing.

6. Even tried downloading the newest JB gapps from 12-12-2012 just to be extra safe, nothing.

Tried updating into CM9 R6 from the oficial Huawei B952, and the Infusion B06, nothing. Same for CM10 R4.

Always pulling the battery before booting into CWM, in CM9 R6 I even get to see the CM animation for a few seconds, then it freezes for a long time, and starts rebooting every couple of minutes. In CM10 R4, the animation isn't on for more than a couple of seconds, reboot and then it stays stuck at the Huawei. On both, ocasionally it can do 3 or 4 reboots quickly and then get stuck again at the Huawei screen, very rarely I get to see the initial animation but it quickly reboots. Baseband is 2030, IMEI is intact, etc. I can flash Infusion b06 multilple times without a problem, when I got the phone, went from B895 to B952, to Infusion, to a B944 CWM backup I have, to B936, back to B985, back to B952 and back to Infusion once again. Really, cyanogen is literally the only problem I've come up against. I wouldn't be surprised if I were an isolated case, but I see people reporting the same thing here and there and no solution, wich is mind boggling to me.

Edited by kupp

Guest Sak's Maw

I've mentioned what I did in the post above, but fair enough I'll be more thorough.

Updated to CWM6 availble in OP using the multitouch .zip, flashed it via the install zip options, working 100%.

1. Pulled battery to boot into CWM, wiped data/factory reset, cache, and dalvik, installed the rom + gapps, reboot, nothing.

2. Same as above, did an aditional wipe on all 3 after installing the rom + gapps for good measure, nothing.

3. Did 1. and 2. while going into mount and storage, formated everything but the external sdcard, nothing.

4. Tried doing a recovery reboot after wiping all 3 and formating, and before installing the rom, nothing.

5. Tried formating the external and internal sdcards, re-downloaded all the necessary files and retried everything above, nothing.

6. Even tried downloading the newest JB gapps from 12-12-2012 just to be extra safe, nothing.

Tried updating into CM9 R6 from the oficial Huawei B952, and the Infusion B06, nothing. Same for CM10 R4.

Always pulling the battery before booting into CWM, in CM9 R6 I even get to see the CM animation for a few seconds, then it freezes for a long time, and starts rebooting every couple of minutes. In CM10 R4, the animation isn't on for more than a couple of seconds, reboot and then it stays stuck at the Huawei. On both, ocasionally it can do 3 or 4 reboots quickly and then get stuck again at the Huawei screen, very rarely I get to see the initial animation but it quickly reboots. Baseband is 2030, IMEI is intact, etc. I can flash Infusion b06 multilple times without a problem, when I got the phone, went from B895 to B952, to Infusion, to a B944 CWM backup I have, to B936, back to B985, back to B952 and back to Infusion once again. Really, cyanogen is literally the only problem I've come up against. I wouldn't be surprised if I were an isolated case, but I see people reporting the same thing here and there and no solution, wich is mind boggling to me.

Exactly the same in every way for me, CM9 and CM10. I've tried every flavour of CWM, and all of the steps above and It freezes / gets stuck on the Huawei logo. Back to infusion and no issue, back to every rom I've ever used on 2030 baseband and no issue

Guest Sak's Maw

^ CM10 is now working, so if you still want to use CM9 you'll probably have to wait for a fix on the next release or something...

Actually it isn't for some of us, I have the same issue with CM10 as with CM9 freezing etc, it is exactly the same issue on both builds and this issue is only apprent on the latest builds

Guest Sak's Maw

Actually it isn't for some of us, I have the same issue with CM10 as with CM9 freezing etc, it is exactly the same issue on both builds and this issue is only apprent on the latest builds

I've got two phones, one old and one new, I'll try the build on the old one and see if it does the same thing, it may be down to individual phones behaviour

Really? I tried to install R3 but it was causin me too many problems, however it went through and even updating via OTA to R4 didn't work. R5 however, does. Dunno what to tell you, thought it was the CPU thing mentioned in the change log, but if it's still not working for you after doing everything right, I just don't know what else it could be...

Guest Externalnet

I also have the freeze with CM9 R6, I tried installing CM9 R6 with Clockwork and also from the Cyanogen updater from R5. In both cases I have the Huawei logo freeze at boot. (so I rolled back to CM9 R5)

Guest Externalnet

O wait, nevermind I see an R7 version is released, is the Huawei logo freeze fixed in this release ?

Thanks anyway :)

Edited by Externalnet

Guest insmaniak

Is there any way how to auto enable data to send or recieve MMS, please?

On Stock+ ROM I added to build.prop line "ro.config.hw_always_allow_mms=true" and it was working. But now, when I am on CM9, adding this line to build.prop seems to do nothing :(. I have free unlimited MMS, so I dont want always enable and disable data by my own.

By the way, many thanks for stable ICS CM rom, great job! :) It is a pitty that 800MHz frequency has been removed, because it was running well on my G300 and battery life was quite better, I think.

Edited by insmaniak

Guest doveman

Is there any way how to auto enable data to send or recieve MMS, please?

On Stock+ ROM I added to build.prop line "ro.config.hw_always_allow_mms=true" and it was working. But now, when I am on CM9, adding this line to build.prop seems to do nothing :(. I have free unlimited MMS, so I dont want always enable and disable data by my own.

By the way, many thanks for stable ICS CM rom, great job! :) It is a pitty that 800MHz frequency has been removed, because it was running well on my G300 and battery life was quite better, I think.

Are you saying on Stock+ without doing this we can't receive MMS with Data disabled?

Guest doveman

No, receiving is OK, but sending..

OK, that's not so bad as at least I'll still get incoming MMS but having to enable data to send is bad as I'm on a PAYG tariff at the moment, so enabling data will inevitably pull something (news, weather) over 2g/3g and incur a charge (I think it's 20p for the first 20MB or something).

Guest insmaniak

OK, that's not so bad as at least I'll still get incoming MMS but having to enable data to send is bad as I'm on a PAYG tariff at the moment, so enabling data will inevitably pull something (news, weather) over 2g/3g and incur a charge (I think it's 20p for the first 20MB or something).

On my previous phone (Android 2.3.7) and on my actual with stock+ this tweak via build.prop works good. This tweak does only enable data for sending mms (auto, when U sending MMS), it doesnt download any other data from other apps. I have checked it on my data consumption at operator webpage. I dont know why this tweak doesnt work on this ROM :(

Edited by insmaniak

Guest doveman

On my previous phone (Android 2.3.7) and on my actual with stock+ this tweak via build.prop works good. This tweak does only enable data for sending mms (auto, when U sending MMS), it doesnt download any other data from other apps. I have checked it on my data consumption at operator webpage. I dont know why this tweak doesnt work on this ROM :(

Thanks, I'll use your tweak then :)

Does mobile data still drain the battery? I'm still on r3, it's been working great other than the fact that mobile data drains the battery really quickly...

Guest MrPuddington

R7 is working nicely for me - upgraded from R3. I have found no new issue so far, and both WiFi and 3G internet seem to be more reliable, although it is a bit early to tell. They used to get stuck occasionally in R3, requiring a reboot.

Great work!