[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

R7 is working nicely for me - upgraded from R3. I have found no new issue so far, and both WiFi and 3G internet seem to be more reliable, although it is a bit early to tell. They used to get stuck occasionally in R3, requiring a reboot.

Great work!

Hi,

The camera works in 3 party apps?

Thanks

Guest Externalnet

I still experience the Huawei logo freeze at boot with release 7.

I updated R7 from version R5 under systemsettings ==>about the phone==>CyanogenMode updates

After that it updates ==> rebooted ==> freezed.

Guest Pain_Deluxe

Love dazzozo(no homo:D). Dead trigger works on R7. no more graphics issues :)

2D GPU renderring on amazon app shop has no morge issues too.

Edited by Pain_Deluxe

Hi Dazz. Great work, very much appreciate the time you put into this device of ours. :)

Couple of minor issues I've noticed with R7:

1. Network name when you drop down the status bar is always "No service" (despite having service and I can see my network name in "Network Signal Info" widget)

2. Tethering is only working when encryption is disabled, i.e. network is Open. I get a "could not connect error" on Win7 if I enable WPA or WPA2.

Keep up the good work!

I'd also like to say it appears this rom fixes the "quiet audio" that all stock based roms I've used still have. If the quiet output via headphones has been bugging you on the G300 - get this rom. No more using 3rd party apps to "increase" (distort) sound!

Guest merchan

Hey daz, I think the new "Updated BCMDHD (wifi kernel module) code to android-3.0 (experimental)" is draining the battery like crazy when wifi is on. I'm not really sure about this but the last days with R7 it seems I'm getting much less battery. Battery stats reports 38% usage by wifi.

Guest MrPuddington
Does this rom support EAP for wifi? My carrier allows me to use his public wifi networks but it only works if the rom has EAP protocol.

Yes, but it is not easy to set up. Android must have some serious bugs when it comes to EAP.

Guest tcpaulh

Hey daz, I think the new "Updated BCMDHD (wifi kernel module) code to android-3.0 (experimental)" is draining the battery like crazy when wifi is on. I'm not really sure about this but the last days with R7 it seems I'm getting much less battery. Battery stats reports 38% usage by wifi.

The new Wi-Fi is always on during sleep. Change this to "only while plugged in" in advanced Wi-Fi settings

Guest MrPuddington
Do you know any tutorial for setting it up?

No, our network uses xpress connect, and that seems to write directly to some of the obscure configuration files. The settings GUI is very very confusing, and it takes some trial and error, if you can get it to work at all.

Guest MrPuddington
Hey daz, I think the new "Updated BCMDHD (wifi kernel module) code to android-3.0 (experimental)" is draining the battery like crazy when wifi is on.

I always had this problem with the G300 in a busy WiFi network. It only lasts about 24 hours even when everything else is off, and to me this ROM looks very much the same as all the others in that respect. At home, with little traffic going over WiFi, it lasts much longer.

Guest Khanage

So a few problems which now that I think about it are not really exclusive to r7:

- in the power widget(?) (the bit where I can toggle wifi etc.) I find it occasionally requires a few presses before the setting actually toggles, it detects the press as the buttons light up but nothing changes until you try a few times.

One problem which might be down to the app, I wouldn't really be able to tell:

- Opera mini (and rarely Firefox) stop responding after I restart them from the background. They 'close unexpectedly' this is the main problem.

I think there were a couple of others but I can't remember so they can't have been that important. otherwise brilliant rom man!

Guest Sak's Maw

So all the freezing issues I have had with R6 are gone, R7 is good, no issues other than battery drain in 3G and seems to be more power hungry on wifi, but maybe that's paranoia on my part. Everything else is sweet and smooth, good work and thanks for sorting out the freezing issues, must have been the 800MHz

Guest marcioo

wifi doesnt work on infusion after flash r7 ?!

fu*

You have the same than I am. Dont work after a restoring of wifi acess points right? I think is because its different type of ROMs ;)

If anyone fix this problem I will apreciate ;)