[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

2398 replies to this topic

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Is there any way to get the FM radio on this ROM? I can never get the apk I have to install.

FM Radio won't install on mine... but feel free to give it a try (link won't be there forever) https://dl.dropbox.c...1/HwFMRadio.apk - let us know how you get on.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

fmgc13

fmgc13

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
What was the max stable frquency that you could get? I'm now at 1300Mhz and it seems pretty stable, no reboots so far.

Only issue i've seen is when i click on the center button (the one that open the list with all the aplicccations) it takes a bit to respond. Besides that it's an awesome ROM!!!

ScutulatusCrotalus

ScutulatusCrotalus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
What I've spotted:
1) while screen is on, I am receiving two same events per second, quite a lot I'd say - other cm9 devices does not do that:
E/Sensors ( 252): sensors_poll_context_t::pollEvents, line 202: receive event #### i=2, nb=0
2) on the first try - battery life is not that good, but acceptable
3) in the game Temple Run tilting the phone does not work perfect as in the stock ROM
4) while charging enabling wifi causes freezes - every time I did it it froze (Vodafone SIM)

Edited by ScutulatusCrotalus, 14 November 2012 - 02:31 PM.

fuzzyy

fuzzyy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, Huawei G300
Nope, says application not installed, same as the one I think I ripped from a ROM at some point. I guess it's because it's more integrated with the ROM or something

Moto G 8GB

Tesco 4.4

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Nope, says application not installed, same as the one I think I ripped from a ROM at some point. I guess it's because it's more integrated with the ROM or something

It installed on another rom that didn't have it. There must be, as you say, something at system level that's missing.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

It installed on another rom that didn't have it. There must be, as you say, something at system level that's missing.

Normally radio apps tend to only work with stock roms for some reason. I think there is an radio app on the play store that works with none stock/asop roms.

Edit: Yeah, this is the one: https://play.google....rsmicros.fm_li

Edited by Cyda, 14 November 2012 - 02:40 PM.

soulhand

soulhand

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, San Francisco 2
  • Twitter:@soulhand

2. Only restore apps and data for user apps. Do not restore ant system apps or system data.

Possibly a stupid question, but can I restore SMS messages? I would rather like to keep those...

goekane

goekane

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:G300

Is there any way to get the FM radio on this ROM? I can never get the apk I have to install.

I can confirm that. The apk from the "huawei apps" thread does not work. Neither Allbackup.

fmgc13

fmgc13

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

I can confirm that. The apk from the "huawei apps" thread does not work. Neither Allbackup.

Allbackup does work. I restored my apps using it and it went just fine

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Possibly a stupid question, but can I restore SMS messages? I would rather like to keep those...

Only if you back them up before flashing. Use Go Backup from the infusiion thread.

soulhand

soulhand

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, San Francisco 2
  • Twitter:@soulhand

Only if you back them up before flashing. Use Go Backup from the infusiion thread.

Sure, I knew I needed a backup :) It's just the message I was responding to said don't restore system apps or system data. I was asking if this included SMS messages.

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Normally radio apps tend to only work with stock roms for some reason. I think there is an radio app on the play store that works with none stock/asop roms.

Edit: Yeah, this is the one: https://play.google....rsmicros.fm_li

I'm pretty sure fm radio apps will not work.

Nimajneb

Nimajneb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Hi!
I'm wondering if there is an option to turn off the camera sounds implemented in the ROM.
If there is none people would have to delete/Rename the camera sounds in their UI Folder, right?

THX

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

I'm pretty sure fm radio apps will not work.

Anyone have this app? If it works I'll buy it...

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

Anyone have this app? If it works I'll buy it...

I've not tried it but the developer seems really sound. He has a thread on xda about the app and on the play store he quotes

Satisfaction absolutely guaranteed or full refund. Don't worry about the 15 minute return race. :)
Most Spirit customers are enthusiasts who enjoy rooting & custom ROMs, and Spirit's priorities are geared to that.

So I think it would be a safe buy even just to test it.

wouterbeer

wouterbeer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Devices:G300
I tried the free version to see if it works [here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1059296 ]. Although it is installed, I cannot find any radio channels with it.. No idea if it is just me or that is it not working for our G300..

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
Read here:

http://forum.xda-dev...059296&page=480

"Most or all of the devices from these manufacturers have been disabled from Market/Play downloads, because there are no success reports and/or they are known not to work:"

- Huawei: all except u8650/u8651, u8800PRO (Oct 28 removed as deficient).

fuzzyy

fuzzyy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, Huawei G300

I tried the free version to see if it works [here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1059296 ]. Although it is installed, I cannot find any radio channels with it.. No idea if it is just me or that is it not working for our G300..

Did you have headphones plugged in? Are you in a good signal area?

Moto G 8GB

Tesco 4.4

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Did you have headphones plugged in? Are you in a good signal area?

I found an older one, it seemed to lock into stations, but no sound. WIll try this one new.

thepolodoc

thepolodoc

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:G300 and HTC Explorer
  • Twitter:@thepolodoc
Thank you Daz for taking the time to create and finish this. I will celebrate with dips and breadsticks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users