[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

2435 replies to this topic

Fukoh

Fukoh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
i downloaded the R6 update whit the CM updater, do i need to backup something before installing it?

Feahnor

Feahnor

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade S, Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@jmphotos
No.

worg3

worg3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
So I created a thread about this, but they told me to ask it here.
Im using CM9 R6, with Any.Do, and whenever I add a reminder (not the regular one, it's the one to warn me about something, like an alarm) the application crashes. Is Any.Do working for you guys?

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors , family and phone
  • Devices:zte blade + Huawei Ascend G300

Im using CM9 R6, with Any.Do, and whenever I add a reminder (not the regular one, it's the one to warn me about something, like an alarm) the application crashes. Is Any.Do working for you guys?

Try deleting the app data in settings/apps/ that's like installing the app from new , be sure to update the app to its latest release. If that doesn't work go into CWM/advanced settings and fix permissions. If it still doesn't work then try the ( life Reminders ) app as that works and is similar to the app you're trying to use.

Biohazard

worg3

worg3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Try deleting the app data in settings/apps/ that's like installing the app from new , be sure to update the app to its latest release. If that doesn't work go into CWM/advanced settings and fix permissions. If it still doesn't work then try the ( life Reminders ) app as that works and is similar to the app you're trying to use.

Yeah, both didn't work. I'll check that app out, but I really wanted to fix this issue.

matthewfrosty

matthewfrosty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
I've made a backup off all my apps but i did this on CM10, would it be ok to use this backup on CM9?

EDIT: No

Edited by matthewfrosty, 20 January 2013 - 08:09 PM.

worg3

worg3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

I actually just noticed, that the problem is with the "Upcoming" tab. As when I put some reminder there, it automatically FC.

gaijyn1981

gaijyn1981

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
If i'm not on facebook app my phone doesn't react at notifications from it(doesn't ring.. .vibrate...no notifications in bar...)

Sorry for my bad english :D

Edited by gaijyn1981, 20 January 2013 - 10:20 PM.

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
I'm having some issues please, need some help

Downloaded R6 for the first time, installed it via CWM coming from B952, installed the ROM followed by gapps, cleaned data, cache and dalvik, and on the first boot I get the CM animation for a while, but after a few seconds it freezes and stays there for a long time until it eventually reboots. After rebooting, it stays at the Huawei logo, rebooting every couple of minutes, sometimes you see the CM animation starting but it freezes like only 2 seconds in.

I've installed Infusion B06 without any kind of issues, did some nandroid restores, never had any problem, and yet CM9 R6 is giving me all this hassle, I just can't use it. Using CWM 6, tried wiping everything both before and after installing CM9, tried rebooting recovery after wiping data and before installing the ROM, actually installed the ROM twice, nothing works at all. Anyone knows what's up and how to fix it?

Edited by kupp, 21 January 2013 - 04:50 AM.

os_fernandez

os_fernandez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I'm having some issues please, need some help

Downloaded R6 for the first time, installed it via CWM coming from B952, installed the ROM followed by gapps, cleaned data, cache and dalvik, and on the first boot I get the CM animation for a while, but after a few seconds it freezes and stays there for a long time until it eventually reboots. After rebooting, it stays at the Huawei logo, rebooting every couple of minutes, sometimes you see the CM animation starting but it freezes like only 2 seconds in.

I've installed Infusion B06 without any kind of issues, did some nandroid restores, never had any problem, and yet CM9 R6 is giving me all this hassle, I just can't use it. Using CWM 6, tried wiping everything both before and after installing CM9, tried rebooting recovery after wiping data and before installing the ROM, actually installed the ROM twice, nothing works at all. Anyone knows what's up and how to fix it?

i have the same issue... maybe that we need to flash a preview version???

edit: is it necesary to have CWM6? can i flash this rom using CWM5???

Edited by os_fernandez, 21 January 2013 - 01:26 PM.

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

i have the same issue... maybe that we need to flash a preview version???

Not sure but it's odd having R6 available in the first post and not be able to intall it directly and no message mentioning it, didn't try installing R5 first wich is literally the only thing I haven't tried at this point. I was using cwm 3.1.5, switched to the latest 6 version, same thing.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W

As far as I know you can use CWM5 but OTA updates may only work if you use the recommended CWM6.

cjcandrei

cjcandrei

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300
Hi guys,
Do you have in call sound issues with the R6 version? For me the volume goes to the maximum and stays there whatever I do when I'm in a call...
Thanks

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
Yeah the same thing happens when trying to intall CM10 R4, stuck at the Huawei logo or more rarely at the CM dial but it won't go any further than 2 seconds in. Think I'm gonna give up Cyanogenmod for good, been trying and asking for a day now how to fix this damn thing, no luck and no help really, Multiple people reporting for the same problem, no replies to any of us, really think I'm done. This is beyond frustrating and in the mean time don't have a working phone, too bad because I was really looking forward to trying this ROM.

Edited by kupp, 21 January 2013 - 02:28 PM.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo

Yeah the same thing happens when trying to intall CM10 R4, stuck at the Huawei logo or more rarely at the CM dial but it won't go any further than 2 seconds in. Think I'm gonna give up Cyanogenmod for good, been trying and asking for a day now how to fix this damn thing, no luck and no help really, Multiple people reporting for the same problem, no replies to any of us, really think I'm done. This is beyond frustrating and in the mean time don't have a working phone, too bad because I was really looking forward to trying this ROM.

Fix it yourself. ;)

This is hardly a product. Don't treat it like it is.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
I wouldn't if everything I tried didn't end up beeing a brick wall, in the last 24h "fixing it myself" is what I've been trying to do, actually coming on modaco was my last resort and upon reading half of the CM10 thread I see a lot of people complaining about the same thing and the single person that seemed like it was able to fix it didn't even bothered to explain. Sorry if I seem blunt and pissed, I know nobody owes me anything for it, but uppon having the phone off most of the time and spent the majority of the day trying to fix this without any success, I really am on edge with it. All the while, the only people who seem to aknowledge the problem are the ones asking for help like I am, but right now I'm at the point where I either keep on trying the same things over and over, or I have a working phone.

soulhand

soulhand

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, San Francisco 2
  • Twitter:@soulhand

I see a lot of people complaining about the same thing and the single person that seemed like it was able to fix it didn't even bothered to explain. [...] All the while, the only people who seem to aknowledge the problem are the ones asking for help like I am, but right now I'm at the point where I either keep on trying the same things over and over, or I have a working phone.

The problem is those of us who don't have the problem don't know what you're doing differently or is different about your phone so there isn't much we can do to resolve it.

It might help if you say *exactly* what steps you are doing, You say "full wipe". What are you wiping? What are you formatting? When are you doing battery pulls or not? What upgrades did you do before (and so what RIL did you end up with, for instance).

But right now it seems to me you're saying "It doesn't work, I did what I think were the right steps and it doesn't work, fix it for me". Not really easy to do that!

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

The problem is those of us who don't have the problem don't know what you're doing differently or is different about your phone so there isn't much we can do to resolve it.

It might help if you say *exactly* what steps you are doing, You say "full wipe". What are you wiping? What are you formatting? When are you doing battery pulls or not? What upgrades did you do before (and so what RIL did you end up with, for instance).

But right now it seems to me you're saying "It doesn't work, I did what I think were the right steps and it doesn't work, fix it for me". Not really easy to do that!

I've mentioned what I did in the post above, but fair enough I'll be more thorough.

Updated to CWM6 availble in OP using the multitouch .zip, flashed it via the install zip options, working 100%.

1. Pulled battery to boot into CWM, wiped data/factory reset, cache, and dalvik, installed the rom + gapps, reboot, nothing.
2. Same as above, did an aditional wipe on all 3 after installing the rom + gapps for good measure, nothing.
3. Did 1. and 2. while going into mount and storage, formated everything but the external sdcard, nothing.
4. Tried doing a recovery reboot after wiping all 3 and formating, and before installing the rom, nothing.
5. Tried formating the external and internal sdcards, re-downloaded all the necessary files and retried everything above, nothing.
6. Even tried downloading the newest JB gapps from 12-12-2012 just to be extra safe, nothing.

Tried updating into CM9 R6 from the oficial Huawei B952, and the Infusion B06, nothing. Same for CM10 R4.

Always pulling the battery before booting into CWM, in CM9 R6 I even get to see the CM animation for a few seconds, then it freezes for a long time, and starts rebooting every couple of minutes. In CM10 R4, the animation isn't on for more than a couple of seconds, reboot and then it stays stuck at the Huawei. On both, ocasionally it can do 3 or 4 reboots quickly and then get stuck again at the Huawei screen, very rarely I get to see the initial animation but it quickly reboots. Baseband is 2030, IMEI is intact, etc. I can flash Infusion b06 multilple times without a problem, when I got the phone, went from B895 to B952, to Infusion, to a B944 CWM backup I have, to B936, back to B985, back to B952 and back to Infusion once again. Really, cyanogen is literally the only problem I've come up against. I wouldn't be surprised if I were an isolated case, but I see people reporting the same thing here and there and no solution, wich is mind boggling to me.

Edited by kupp, 21 January 2013 - 03:37 PM.

Sak's Maw

Sak's Maw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I've mentioned what I did in the post above, but fair enough I'll be more thorough.

Updated to CWM6 availble in OP using the multitouch .zip, flashed it via the install zip options, working 100%.

1. Pulled battery to boot into CWM, wiped data/factory reset, cache, and dalvik, installed the rom + gapps, reboot, nothing.
2. Same as above, did an aditional wipe on all 3 after installing the rom + gapps for good measure, nothing.
3. Did 1. and 2. while going into mount and storage, formated everything but the external sdcard, nothing.
4. Tried doing a recovery reboot after wiping all 3 and formating, and before installing the rom, nothing.
5. Tried formating the external and internal sdcards, re-downloaded all the necessary files and retried everything above, nothing.
6. Even tried downloading the newest JB gapps from 12-12-2012 just to be extra safe, nothing.

Tried updating into CM9 R6 from the oficial Huawei B952, and the Infusion B06, nothing. Same for CM10 R4.

Always pulling the battery before booting into CWM, in CM9 R6 I even get to see the CM animation for a few seconds, then it freezes for a long time, and starts rebooting every couple of minutes. In CM10 R4, the animation isn't on for more than a couple of seconds, reboot and then it stays stuck at the Huawei. On both, ocasionally it can do 3 or 4 reboots quickly and then get stuck again at the Huawei screen, very rarely I get to see the initial animation but it quickly reboots. Baseband is 2030, IMEI is intact, etc. I can flash Infusion b06 multilple times without a problem, when I got the phone, went from B895 to B952, to Infusion, to a B944 CWM backup I have, to B936, back to B985, back to B952 and back to Infusion once again. Really, cyanogen is literally the only problem I've come up against. I wouldn't be surprised if I were an isolated case, but I see people reporting the same thing here and there and no solution, wich is mind boggling to me.

Exactly the same in every way for me, CM9 and CM10. I've tried every flavour of CWM, and all of the steps above and It freezes / gets stuck on the Huawei logo. Back to infusion and no issue, back to every rom I've ever used on 2030 baseband and no issue

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
^ CM10 is now working, so if you still want to use CM9 you'll probably have to wait for a fix on the next release or something...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users