• Please log in to reply
2431 replies to this topic

Sak's Maw

Sak's Maw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

^ CM10 is now working, so if you still want to use CM9 you'll probably have to wait for a fix on the next release or something...

Actually it isn't for some of us, I have the same issue with CM10 as with CM9 freezing etc, it is exactly the same issue on both builds and this issue is only apprent on the latest builds

Sak's Maw

Sak's Maw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Actually it isn't for some of us, I have the same issue with CM10 as with CM9 freezing etc, it is exactly the same issue on both builds and this issue is only apprent on the latest builds

I've got two phones, one old and one new, I'll try the build on the old one and see if it does the same thing, it may be down to individual phones behaviour

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Really? I tried to install R3 but it was causin me too many problems, however it went through and even updating via OTA to R4 didn't work. R5 however, does. Dunno what to tell you, thought it was the CPU thing mentioned in the change log, but if it's still not working for you after doing everything right, I just don't know what else it could be...

Externalnet

Externalnet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I also have the freeze with CM9 R6, I tried installing CM9 R6 with Clockwork and also from the Cyanogen updater from R5. In both cases I have the Huawei logo freeze at boot. (so I rolled back to CM9 R5)

Externalnet

Externalnet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
O wait, nevermind I see an R7 version is released, is the Huawei logo freeze fixed in this release ?
Thanks anyway :)

Edited by Externalnet, 21 January 2013 - 10:31 PM.

gaijyn1981

gaijyn1981

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Flashed R7 thru TWRP.
Worked like a charm.No issue 'till now:p

cjcandrei

cjcandrei

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300
Does the R7 have volume in call issues?
Thanks

insmaniak

insmaniak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Is there any way how to auto enable data to send or recieve MMS, please?

On Stock+ ROM I added to build.prop line "ro.config.hw_always_allow_mms=true" and it was working. But now, when I am on CM9, adding this line to build.prop seems to do nothing :(. I have free unlimited MMS, so I dont want always enable and disable data by my own.

By the way, many thanks for stable ICS CM rom, great job! :) It is a pitty that 800MHz frequency has been removed, because it was running well on my G300 and battery life was quite better, I think.

Edited by insmaniak, 22 January 2013 - 09:45 AM.

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Is there any way how to auto enable data to send or recieve MMS, please?

On Stock+ ROM I added to build.prop line "ro.config.hw_always_allow_mms=true" and it was working. But now, when I am on CM9, adding this line to build.prop seems to do nothing :(. I have free unlimited MMS, so I dont want always enable and disable data by my own.

By the way, many thanks for stable ICS CM rom, great job! :) It is a pitty that 800MHz frequency has been removed, because it was running well on my G300 and battery life was quite better, I think.

Are you saying on Stock+ without doing this we can't receive MMS with Data disabled?

insmaniak

insmaniak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Are you saying on Stock+ without doing this we can't receive MMS with Data disabled?

No, receiving is OK, but sending..

Pyntux

Pyntux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Devices:G300, Alcatel Idol 6030X
CM9 r7 + new kernel with lagfree governor is best ICS rom I ever seen for g300... Thanks! ;)

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

No, receiving is OK, but sending..

OK, that's not so bad as at least I'll still get incoming MMS but having to enable data to send is bad as I'm on a PAYG tariff at the moment, so enabling data will inevitably pull something (news, weather) over 2g/3g and incur a charge (I think it's 20p for the first 20MB or something).

insmaniak

insmaniak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

OK, that's not so bad as at least I'll still get incoming MMS but having to enable data to send is bad as I'm on a PAYG tariff at the moment, so enabling data will inevitably pull something (news, weather) over 2g/3g and incur a charge (I think it's 20p for the first 20MB or something).

On my previous phone (Android 2.3.7) and on my actual with stock+ this tweak via build.prop works good. This tweak does only enable data for sending mms (auto, when U sending MMS), it doesnt download any other data from other apps. I have checked it on my data consumption at operator webpage. I dont know why this tweak doesnt work on this ROM :(

Edited by insmaniak, 22 January 2013 - 02:08 PM.

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

On my previous phone (Android 2.3.7) and on my actual with stock+ this tweak via build.prop works good. This tweak does only enable data for sending mms (auto, when U sending MMS), it doesnt download any other data from other apps. I have checked it on my data consumption at operator webpage. I dont know why this tweak doesnt work on this ROM :(

Thanks, I'll use your tweak then :)

djuroue

djuroue

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Devices:Alcatel OT-6030X, Nokia N85
Just wanted to thank Daz for this great update. Works perfectly !

Like and use my Huawei G300 Facebook page :

https://www.facebook...500555660012245

5979.gif
47648.gif
39369.jpg
23706kl7.gif
7232ky4.jpg

SterLu

SterLu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Does mobile data still drain the battery? I'm still on r3, it's been working great other than the fact that mobile data drains the battery really quickly...

marcioo

marcioo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
I'm on R3 because I think it's the best one, if Daz use R3, improve smooth and quickly response and fix battery drain, will turn cm9.1 perfect ;)

Pain_Deluxe

Pain_Deluxe

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Interests:skating,hardware,cars
  • Devices:Huawei G300 [email protected]
Damn, OTA from r6 to r7 was go extremly fast.

Khanage

Khanage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Great update daz works brilliantly, can't find a problem yet!

Edited by Khanage, 22 January 2013 - 05:48 PM.

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Devices:Android
R7 is working nicely for me - upgraded from R3. I have found no new issue so far, and both WiFi and 3G internet seem to be more reliable, although it is a bit early to tell. They used to get stuck occasionally in R3, requiring a reboot.

Great work!

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users