Do you want refunds from me?

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Okay, so one member has made a comment which has annoyed me a little, especially since they weren't man enough to say "may I have my money back please?"

I was asking for donations for a donor San Diego, back in the summer. Obviously I was extremely grateful for whatever was donated, but I never received the total. HOWEVER, surely it's better to ask me for a refund if you feel I have been unfair (I hope that is not the case) or simply if you wanted it back - I'm not a thief :)

If you want the money back which you donated, have the courage of your convictions AND ASK ME - I don't bite. Instead of holding a grudge and doing the internet equivalent of mumbling under your breath and being bitter... surely you want your money back, else you'd not be bitter - SO ASK ME, and I'll dig through my PayPal and refund you ASAP, then we can get on with being civil and stop holding bitterness for no reason. HOW DO I KNOW UNLESS PEOPLE ASK?

Thanks.

Edited by glossywhite

I thought I was the only donater ? In which case I don't have a clue as to what you are talking about, I am not asking for my donation back.

Edited by Guest

Guest glossywhite

I thought I was the only donater ? In which case I don't have a clue as to what you are talking about, I am not asking for my donation back.

No, there were a couple of others. I was not referring to you complaining, but thank you mate :)

Guest TouchyAndalou

Why would you even consider keeping the money when it was donated under the understanding that it'd be used to purchase the phone for unlocking/rooting purposes? It seems absurd.

It probably is the case that some of the donaters aren't bothered about getting their money back, but to not even ask? That'd be the first thing I'd expect somebody in your position to do. But instead, you make this indignant thread calling people out for (possibly) being annoyed that you don't have the good grace to send a simple PM saying, "Hey, so I never managed to get that phone, would you like the money you kindly donated back?" Ridiculous and a clear confirmation that people's doubts about your intentions were founded all along.

Guest glossywhite

I've tried my best. I'm not willing to waste any more time on this (and it is a waste). You don't know me, there's no way you can make a judgement call on my personality, so I won't take that to heart; I'd be pretty foolish if I did.

I'll refrain from further comments, and also from making personal judgements on people I don't, and likely won't ever get to know, as I know I'd be entirely wrong to do so, and without cause or justification. I am a Christian, I am not perfect, but I have had the good grace to offer the refunds. Be bitter or move on, your choice - it'll only hurt you, not me, as I've done my best, in my own conscience, to put things right.

You won't find any more replies hereon - this issue is behind me.

This thread will remain, and if anyone wants a refund, they'll get one only if they contact me via PM, and state the PayPal address used to send the donation. I am asking for this thread to be locked, as it is becoming a target for judgement calls and offence, none of which is fruitful for anything.

Thank you.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest TouchyAndalou
I've tried my best. I'm not willing to waste any more time on this (and it is a waste). You don't know me, there's no way you can make a judgement call on my personality, so I won't take that to heart; I'd be pretty foolish if I did.

This thread will remain, and if anyone wants a refund, they'll get one. End of.

My one judgement is that you're out of line and I'm basing it purely on your behavour in this thread and on this forum. That seems fair to me.

Guest glossywhite

My one judgement is that you're out of line and I'm basing it purely on your behavour in this thread and on this forum. That seems fair to me.

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Guest TouchyAndalou

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

That's all good and well, but I'd really like to see some passages that deal with message board cash grab scams :)