Photo

[Mod] Link2Int v1.1 - [Use 2GB internal as app storage - tested with CM9/CM10/CM10.1] 03/12

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

But in system/etc/init.d I have a file called 90userinit ... shouldn't that mean the rom has init.d support ? Or the presence of the file is not enough ? I will use the app you mentioned and then I will come back with update.

The fact that the file is there means that the zip installed correctly but there is nothing to say that the rom is actually executing the files, even if you installed this on a rom with no init.d support those files would be there after flashing. Using that app should allow you to at least check if the problem was caused by init.d no being executed.

derei

derei

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Using that app should allow you to at least check if the problem was caused by init.d no being executed.

Thank you so far... I used the app and indeed, I hadn't init.d support... but I have now. I updated my earlier post here ... some aspects of it are fixed, but still the apps aren't moved on the internal SD

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Thank you so far... I used the app and indeed, I hadn't init.d support... but I have now. I updated my earlier post here ... some aspects of it are fixed, but still the apps aren't moved on the internal SD

No idea then, sorry. Must be something with the specific rom.

derei

derei

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

No idea then, sorry. Must be something with the specific rom.

how I can check which storage is the default one? Now I'm shooting blind... thinking that maybe my storage devices are not configured as they should... and this (Baidu) ROM doesn't seem to have a configuration menu, to decide which one is the default storage...

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

how I can check which storage is the default one? Now I'm shooting blind... thinking that maybe my storage devices are not configured as they should... and this (Baidu) ROM doesn't seem to have a configuration menu, to decide which one is the default storage...

I don't know sorry, I've never used Baidu rom so I don't know any of its settings or features.

derei

derei

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
This is how my Storage Info looks like from Link2SD ... i know, you said before that you never used Baidu and you may not be able to help me... but still... you are experts... so any clue may be helpful.

I still hope there is a way to make it work... and I hope somebody here will find the solution.
Thanks again.

...the image is composed from two scrolled screens... because the list was longer than a screen.
Posted Image

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
From the look of that storage info pic everything looks correct and it looks as if Link2Int is installed and working.

Have you tried linking a few different apps? Some apps cannot be linked, so try a few different ones, especially games and see if any work.

Edited by Cyda, 26 May 2013 - 03:53 PM.

NikitoGR

NikitoGR

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Devices:U8815N
I have installed on Electra v3 rom (10.1) and until now I haven't faced any issues. Is it possible to make the Need for Speed to run from the internal memory?

NikitoGR

NikitoGR

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
I have moved the nfs files in the internal storage, but in the link2SD says that the internal storage has free 2GB while it should show some mb of free. What I did wrong?

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

I have moved the nfs files in the internal storage, but in the link2SD says that the internal storage has free 2GB while it should show some mb of free. What I did wrong?

You misunderstand how Link2Int works - it allows you to move the .apk files NOT the data files of a game. If you want to move the sdcard data files belonging to a game you are using wrong tool.

Try this instead: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2192122

NikitoGR

NikitoGR

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

You misunderstand how Link2Int works - it allows you to move the .apk files NOT the data files of a game. If you want to move the sdcard data files belonging to a game you are using wrong tool.

Try this instead: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2192122

Thank you!

sedj

sedj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
Just a quick question, does link2int resreve the full 2gb for apps thus not allowing any rom to write to this partition?

I know in link2sd you can set the partition size, so i assume you have chosen the whole partition???

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Just a quick question, does link2int resreve the full 2gb for apps thus not allowing any rom to write to this partition?

I know in link2sd you can set the partition size, so i assume you have chosen the whole partition???

No, it doesn't reserve the full 2GB other things can use it at the same time, it's not recommended but there is no reason you couldn't store things like mp3s in a folder on the 2GB whilst still having a working Link2Int.

I don't think you can set a partition size via the link2sd app, as far as I know the space it uses is determined by the size of the partition you point it at, give it a 512mb partition and it will use 512mb.

oldfella

oldfella

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
does anyone know if its possible to preserve apps stored on the 2 Gig area over a rom change ?

I have tried a couple of times and the apps are not detected by Links2SD. Its happy to add another copy, but it detects that only half the space is available.

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
I don't think you can because the symbolic links won't be present, all the files will still reside on the 2GB partition but the links that point to them won't exist so they will just sit there in the folder. At best I guess you could browse to the 2GB partition with a file manager and install the apks directly from there, this would at least save you having to re-download everything but once this is done you would need to delete the contents of the 2GB before attempting to re-link.

oldfella

oldfella

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
thanks Cyda for the v quick response

wbrambley

wbrambley

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Devices:u8815, u8185, u8951

does anyone know if its possible to preserve apps stored on the 2 Gig area over a rom change ?

I have tried a couple of times and the apps are not detected by Links2SD. Its happy to add another copy, but it detects that only half the space is available.

Have you tried More/Relink all application files and More/Relink library files?

oldfella

oldfella

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Have you tried More/Relink all application files and More/Relink library files?

sorry dont understand - could you expand ?

wbrambley

wbrambley

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Devices:u8815, u8185, u8951

sorry dont understand - could you expand ?

When on new ROM, restore partition (or don't wipe in the first place) then reinstall link2sd (this version). After reboot I think it automatically mounts internal SD as the usable partition.
Then press the menu key and select more, relink all application files. Then menu, more, relink library files.
Reboot and you should see your apps. (I hope. This is the way regular link2sd works anyway, this should be the same)

hippy dave

hippy dave

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Devices:G300, Hudl
Damn, didn't know it had that feature, tho wished it did. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users