Photo

[Mod] Link2Int v1.1 - [Use 2GB internal as app storage - tested with CM9/CM10/CM10.1] 03/12

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

oldfella

oldfella

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

When on new ROM, restore partition (or don't wipe in the first place) then reinstall link2sd (this version). After reboot I think it automatically mounts internal SD as the usable partition.
Then press the menu key and select more, relink all application files. Then menu, more, relink library files.
Reboot and you should see your apps. (I hope. This is the way regular link2sd works anyway, this should be the same)

thats great - will give it a try next time I change ROM

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

When on new ROM, restore partition (or don't wipe in the first place) then reinstall link2sd (this version). After reboot I think it automatically mounts internal SD as the usable partition.
Then press the menu key and select more, relink all application files. Then menu, more, relink library files.
Reboot and you should see your apps. (I hope. This is the way regular link2sd works anyway, this should be the same)

That's a great feature but very well hidden, thanks for pointing it out, it will be great news for users of this mod if it works as described.

samjam

samjam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

I wish it did that without being asked. It would have saved me hours of trouble.

sedj

sedj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
I used this method all time, as long as you dont wipe the mounts section your apps are still there.Just relink after install and it should ask you to reboot .

samjam

samjam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
So the upgrade spell is:
1. Upgrade but don't reboot
2. Install link2int again
3. Reboot
4. Use link2int to re-link applications and then libraries
5. Update back to latest link2sd via play so that encrypted apps will work
Maybe 4 and 5 should be the other way around

sedj

sedj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
Yes thats fine, just make sure you get the reboot prompt when enabling the mount or library and you know its taken. Update link2sd if you really need to as it does not effect this mod.

Edited by sedj, 07 June 2013 - 08:42 AM.

whispers

whispers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
I had problems with this, but just for a few apps/functions. Shame, as I really wanted my white elephant internal storage to be useful for something.

I found that Ivona Amy UK (TTS voice) would not download, TomTom would not install, and screenshots (using the in-built ICS function) would not save. Everything else worked well...

Thanks anyway Cyda - and a big thanks for Stock+ which has made my G300 usable!

oldfella

oldfella

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
yes there are a few apps which are unhappy using the internal 2 Gig, most work fine

jamie_w

jamie_w

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
After using link2int then reflashing a different rom and not reflashing link2int when connecting to my computer apart from my external SD card which internal memory should be available via USB debugging?

elperroderoke

elperroderoke

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Devices:Defy+; U8650; U8815
The mod works in Miui v5, Just install LInk2SD then install the MOD and after reboot, all is working without problem.
Regards.

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

...the image is composed from two scrolled screens... because the list was longer than a screen.
Posted Image

I was getting errors when apps were trying to update, so I presume wherever it normally installs apps was full. I couldn't find any way through System Settings to see anything other than the Internal and External SD though, both of which had plenty of space, so where does it store them and how do we check it (without using Link2SD or some other app)?

Anyway, I've installed Link2Int now and moved all apps to the SD and now it shows

Internal: Used 274MB Free: 482MB (is this where the apps were stored before I moved them)?

SD Card (/mnt/sdcard) Used 12.44GB, Free 2.18GB (this is my external SD card)

Ext. SD (/mnt/sdcard2) Used 533MB, Free 1.53GB (I assume this is the internal SD, so it's a bit confusing having it labelled Ext!)

SD Card 2nd Part (/data/sdext2) Used 533MB, Free 1.53GB (this is obviously a copy of Ext.SD)

System (/system): Used 328MB, Free 50MB (what is this, as it's very low on free space)?

Cache (/cache): Used 4.14MB, Free 185MB

Fl@aps

Fl@aps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi everybody!

I'm using Link2sd to use the 2GB internal SD on my G300 for long.

Today I've installed Kitkat for the 1st time (CM 11-20140303). After I used this topic's mod my link2sd sees the 2GB internal SD but looses the external SD (8GB) acess. More, using android's "settings->storage", I can no longer see any sd card (internal or external). 

Exploring the file system I see that "/storage/sdcard0" and "/storage/sdcard1" are both empty. But "/mnt/media_rw/sdcard0" and  "/mnt/media_rw/sdcard1" are accessible.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you

Sérgio 

Zazasta

Zazasta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Huawei "Slow" Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@madptron

Hi everybody!

I'm using Link2sd to use the 2GB internal SD on my G300 for long.

Today I've installed Kitkat for the 1st time (CM 11-20140303). After I used this topic's mod my link2sd sees the 2GB internal SD but looses the external SD (8GB) acess. More, using android's "settings->storage", I can no longer see any sd card (internal or external). 

Exploring the file system I see that "/storage/sdcard0" and "/storage/sdcard1" are both empty. But "/mnt/media_rw/sdcard0" and  "/mnt/media_rw/sdcard1" are accessible.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you

Sérgio 

I'm having the same issues. I think it's not compatible with newer rom's :\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users