help with acer liquid mt Urgent

Guest codspartans

Guest codspartans

guys can you please help me i have an acer liquid mt that is locked to rogers and i try to install recovery but it wont work. So my question is if i unlock my phone from rogers will it do anything to my rogers phone plan?? please help me

guys can you please help me i have an acer liquid mt that is locked to rogers and i try to install recovery but it wont work. So my question is if i unlock my phone from rogers will it do anything to my rogers phone plan?? please help me

Based upon my own experience of trying out various means to install CWM Recovery, I found out that Recovery cannot be installed while my phone is still having the Rogers rom.

This means that you will not be able to back up the stock Rogers rom to SD card. Thus, if you ever flash any other rom, your warranty with Rogers will be voided because your phone cannot be de-voided with the stock Rogers rom.

Anyway, foregoing the warranty benefit, I have just flashed an Acer European ROM (Gingerbread) to replace my Rogers stock ROM (Froyo) on my Liquid MT purchased less than a week ago. My phone is unlocked and working properly in every aspect. Thus flashing this new rom does not affect anything regarding the rogers phone plan, except the warranty has been voided.

IMHO, Gingerbread is so much better than Froyo. For one thing, the notification or status bar always stays at the top of the screen in Gingerbread. It is so much convenient for a user to know where to look for the latest info, be it new email, new facebook message, status of battery, Wifi, data, or usb connection etc etc.

There is no way I will go back to Froyo - hence no regret to void the warranty!

Edited by drdtyc

Guest codspartans

thank you soooooo much and in your opinion what is the best rom for acer liquid mt i unlocked my phone by installing some other gingerbread rom in download mode but anyway whats the best rom in your opinion

thank you soooooo much and in your opinion what is the best rom for acer liquid mt i unlocked my phone by installing some other gingerbread rom in download mode but anyway whats the best rom in your opinion

Take a look of Posts #5 and #6 of this thread:

http://www.modaco.co...-upgrading-rom/

As I said in Post #7 of the same thread, I have not yet flashed with any custom rom. Therefore I cannot tell which one is the best.

I would recommend installing Link2SD which would free up the phone memory by moving and linking all your downloaded apps to the SD card.

Edited by drdtyc

Good news! There is a way to get back to the Stock Rogers Rom.

1. Go to http://www.acer.ca/a...content/drivers

2. Select Smartphones>Liquid>Liquid MT (S120)>Android 2.2 Froyo

3. Click the OS tab

4. Download "1.101.47.PA.Rogers" zip file (129.3Mb).

5. Unzip the zip file to find the acer_ug folder and the instruction in a pdf file.

6. Follow the pdf file to install the rom.

So my warranty is re-gained.

I have downloaded a copy as a standby in case I need to return the phone to Rogers for warranty.

Edited by drdtyc

Good news! There is a way to get back to the Stock Rogers Rom.

I have been wondering about that file, weather it is full rom or update

it is 40 mb smaller than rom below it. Can anyone confirm?

6. Note

This OS upgrade will not clear personal information, data and installed

applications.

Try all the roms and have fun with it.

If you have installed correctly a recovery there's (almost) always a way to revive your phone :)

Look for something that suits your needs and have fun.

I have been wondering about that file, weather it is full rom or update

it is 40 mb smaller than rom below it. Can anyone confirm?

Short of flashing this Rogers rom, I cannot tell with certainty whether it is a complete or update rom.

Having unzipped the downloaded zip file, the size of the Rogers Froyo BIN file is 201MB.

In comparison, the size of the official Acer Gingerbread BIN file is 210MB.

The second rom has been flashed and is currently running on my Liquid MT.

My guess is that the Roger Froyo file is likely to be a complete rom.

I also welcome someone who has actually flashed the Rogers Froyo Rom to confirm if it is a complete or update rom.

Edited by drdtyc