- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

neethree

neethree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
So I dropped my phone on the street yesterday, and unfortunately the glass seems to have cracked. The screen itself is fully functional, which makes me wonder if this is repairable. I've looked around a bit and found out it may have been the digitizer, which is quite inexpensive and easy to replace, but I'd rather ask for help here before attempting anything.

Posted Image

I know it's low quality... I'll post a high def one tomorrow morning.
Thank you in advance!

Edited by neethree, 16 November 2012 - 10:41 PM.

hydo1

hydo1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Note II
  • Twitter:@tomhyde1
Is that a ZTE Blade?

If someone has helped you give them rep and vote Posted Image their post.

Device History: 2xHTC Prophet - HTC P4350 - HTC Widfire (sold) - ZTE Blade (sold) - 3x Motorola Atrix 4G (touchscreen died all 3) - ZTE Blade (retired) - Sony Xperia T (couldn't hack it) - HTC One X (Died) - Samsung Galaxy Note II

http://thydewebdesign.co.uk

neethree

neethree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Well, it's the San Francisco version. Does that change anything?

wimmme

wimmme

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:LG G2/Nexus7/AcerS500/iPad3
  • Twitter:@wimmme
I have the same phone and the same issue. Ordered a digitizer from ebay, hope it arrives quick ...

gray66

gray66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I replaced mine last year (needs doing again as it's been well used !)

It's quite easy to do - there's a guide on here I used.... just take care with the little ribbon cable/connector !!

G

neethree

neethree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Okay, guys, more problems coming up... I ordered a digitzer yesterday, so hopefully I'll get this matter fixed, but well...
The power button of the phone also seems to have broken. And I'm not talking about the plastic one that's on the back cover of the device - I'm talking about the tiny black thing that's on the mainboard. It started malfunctioning at first, and right now it works as if it's constantly being held down. Any chance I could fix that myself? I'm pretty sure the mechanism is dead, so I'd need to get a new one. I got the phone from eBay and I'm pretty sure there's no warranty for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users