• Please log in to reply
393 replies to this topic

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
It's not an app as such. ClockworkMod is a custom recovery utility. There is lots of info available about it on the web - e.g.:

http://forum.xda-dev...orkMod_Recovery
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1587607

There are also several tutorials on how to install it usually as part of the process of unlocking the bootloader, rooting and installing a custom recovery. E.g.:

http://huaweig300.co...rkmod-recovery/
http://www.modaco.co...date-root-more/

Hope this helps.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

may I use the TOUCH HYBRID or "standart" CM ? are they the same and the one is "classic" and the second one is just "touch" ? is there other difference ? thank you

I've tried them both and as far as I recall they have the same capabilities just that the touch one allows the touchscreen to be used to control it rather than just the power/vol buttons.

ReZ1342

ReZ1342

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Guys please help how do I get this cwm on my phone please step by step I'm confused

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G2S & Huawei G300
Why does Clockwork ROM Manager not recognize this recovery image as a legitimate CWM Recovery? After flashing this recovery, installing a new rom (CM9), and then installing CW ROM Manager, the ROM Manager Recovery Setup gives an error message:
"You must have the ClockworkMod Recovery installed to flash and restre ROMs!"
But obviously I do have this CWM Recovery installed.
Thanks for the help.

Edit: Ok, I found my own answer. After clicking on "Recovery Setup", I worked my way through the menus until I was able to just pick the CWM Recovery I already had installed:
Recovery Setup
RECOVERY ALREADY INSTALLED/ClockworkMod Recovery
UNSUPPORTED DEVICE/Device Not Listed Above
Confirm Version/ClockworkMod 3.x+

Edited by twrock, 17 February 2013 - 09:05 AM.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G2S & Huawei G300

Guys please help how do I get this cwm on my phone please step by step I'm confused

http://www.modaco.com/topic/353860-help-im-new-and-i-cant-do/
Then read point 3.

hippy dave

hippy dave

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Devices:G300, Hudl
I'm getting MD5 mismatch when I try to restore a backup. It's happened with two different backups now, and left me a bit stuck.
The backups were made with the same current 6.0.2.7 as I'm trying to restore them with.

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1, Moto G, G300
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh

I'm getting MD5 mismatch when I try to restore a backup. It's happened with two different backups now, and left me a bit stuck.
The backups were made with the same current 6.0.2.7 as I'm trying to restore them with.

Did you rename them?

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

hippy dave

hippy dave

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
Nope.

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Nope.

:-s

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

hippy dave

hippy dave

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
Indeed :) Cheers for the reply.

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC
I know it won't help restore your backup but I just wanted to add that renaming the backup doesn't seem to cause an md5 problem. I have just restored from a renamed backup without an issue.

I'm hoping that Fagulhas will reply about this issue because a recovery needs to be reliable and we are seeing a few of these md5 issue appears in this thread.

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

I know it won't help restore your backup but I just wanted to add that renaming the backup doesn't seem to cause an md5 problem. I have just restored from a renamed backup without an issue.

I'm hoping that Fagulhas will reply about this issue because a recovery needs to be reliable and we are seeing a few of these md5 issue appears in this thread.

Good info. I'm sure it used to have a problem. Now I can rename my backups :)

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo
Fagulhas is pretty busy nowadays. I'm thinking of releasing a completely stock CWM that works on 109808 and 2030 on the 3.0.8 kernel. Dunno if anyone would care :P

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
Yes we would. There are not so many recoveries that work on both basebands. Would that be CWM 6?

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
Talk elsewhere about sdcard formatting (e.g. using sd formatter 4 https://www.sdcard.o...ds/formatter_4/ rather than, say, Windows) and the impact it has on performance got me thinking.... I've seen fairly involved tutorials about how to partition (not format) your sdcard to ensure that the partitions are suitably aligned with respect to the underlying flash medium for best performance and wear etc. but I was wondering ... does anybody know if I partition the card using CWM does IT take any special steps to do such partition alignment? I've seen at least one mention of a modded CWM that did this but I'm not sure if this is a general feature of CWM these days?

Thanks.

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
+1 for an up to date recovery that works on both basebands

wouterbeer

wouterbeer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Devices:G300

+1 for an up to date recovery that works on both basebands

It is there.
http://www.modaco.co...u8818-12032013/

cryptoncore

cryptoncore

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Android, Gaming, Computers, Music (Dubstep, Drum and bass, Hard electro) And most other technology related things.
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G, G300
im on 6.0.1.2 and i have read the forum posted earlier on how to install CWM, how can i do it? do i just download the .zip above and flash it in apply update.zip?

"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do" - B. F. Skinner

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
Yes - if you have CWM or TWRP installed you can just download another recovery ZIP and flash it from the existing recovery.

Pyntux

Pyntux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Devices:G300, Alcatel Idol 6030X
Or you can go with a fastboot...

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

I do like this on Linux... :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users