fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

I was using R2 but I did also have this problem in R1

To fix from r1 re flash your rom without wipes.

Posted Image

michal.siman

michal.siman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Android, IT, PC, Arduino, Raspberry PI, PHP, MySQL, internet, Python, Java
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
With R2 i cannot flash any ROM, flashing process is very quick and after reboot phone stay on the uawei logo screen ... but CWM menu is working.

grmn

grmn

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Grmn already got his issue sorted via IRC. Working on some changes, expect another release sooner or later.

Yes, I should have cleared that up here as well.

Reflashing CWM or the ROM didn't fix my problem so Fagulhas suggested I try another recovery. I flashed Sebastian404s CWM4 which solved the issue. I could then flash the new CWM6 from there and everything is fine now.
It's unclear what caused the issue though.

Happy now :)

terry.n

terry.n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

For me it was ram manager installed as a apk. Id look at side loaded apks

thanks much - I took the shotgun approach and reinstalled pretty much everything. Error is gone now.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo
New build up!

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
Amazing progress on this rom.No more freezes. cheers Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
Wrong thread? :P

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

PaulMilbank

PaulMilbank

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
I still have not managed to get through a full backup with this recovery, it just gets most of the way through and reboots. I end up with a 30MB backup. What logs do you need to diagnose this?
*EDIT* sorry seems to be a known issue with backing up to SD card, will try internal backup and see how I go.

Edited by PaulMilbank, 18 November 2012 - 09:20 PM.

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC
Does this recovery backup/restore the 2GB internal storage (/dev/block/mmcblk0p19) during a nandroid backup?

Fagulhas

Fagulhas

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Does this recovery backup/restore the 2GB internal storage (/dev/block/mmcblk0p19) during a nandroid backup?

Why would we want to backup the internal partition? It never gets erased as far as i'm concerned plus its easy to backup with mass storage?

So far the only major issue we have is the odd crash when using mostly the sdcard, this is due to another fix we made that corrected the legendary symlink error status 7, something that is not happening so far with these releases. This was achieved by disabling some binaries that managed the sdcard, something i would like to revisit for the next release. Hopefully after that, all our major issues are gone.

Edited by Fagulhas, 18 November 2012 - 11:15 PM.

If you appreciated my work or help and would like to donate, please follow this link Donate!

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Why would we want to backup the internal partition? It never gets erased as far as i'm concerned plus its easy to backup with mass storage?

All other versions of CWM for the G300 backup the internal storage, just asking if this did also. It is useful when using that partition for apps storage amongst other things.

Fagulhas

Fagulhas

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

All other versions of CWM for the G300 backup the internal storage, just asking if this did also. It is useful when using that partition for apps storage amongst other things.

I do think the recovery backups /sdcard/.android_secure right? thats the apps data? its not hard to add support for /emmc/.android_secure if its what you are looking for, would require us to fork CWM to make custom changes but it is possible.

If you appreciated my work or help and would like to donate, please follow this link Donate!

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Yes it does

When you flash a new rom it deletes it internal storage

Edit sorry was talking about v5 cwm

Edited by b4da55, 19 November 2012 - 10:28 AM.

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Yes it does

When you flash a new rom it deletes it internal storage

Not according to Fagulhas it doesn't.

I do think the recovery backups /sdcard/.android_secure right? thats the apps data? its not hard to add support for /emmc/.android_secure if its what you are looking for, would require us to fork CWM to make custom changes but it is possible.

Yeah, I don't mean .android_secure, I meant the whole partition in the same way as the /data partition is backed-up. In previous CWM versions the emmc partition is mounted as /datadata and treated exactly like a second data partition. It's not big deal, I'll use v5 and do manual install of CM.

Edited by Cyda, 19 November 2012 - 10:13 AM.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
But it's an SD card. Logically it should be completely ignored by CWM unless explicitly wiped.

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

But it's an SD card. Logically it should be completely ignored by CWM unless explicitly wiped.

I understand completely, not trying to be an ass. But after using the previous versions which treated that partition like a second data partition, and then using Link2SD to use that partition as app storage, I got used to that app storage being backed up and restored with my roms when doing a nandroid.

I wouldn't expect you to fork because I know the way you are doing it is the technically correct way. I just wanted clarification.

Also, in previous versions that partiton was wiped as part of the full wipe/factory reset option. Which is another reason why I wanted clarification on how it was handled in this version. It's all clear now, thanks.

Edited by Cyda, 19 November 2012 - 10:41 AM.

oldfella

oldfella

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
I flashed CM9 using CWM4 and it left apps ex link2sd on the 2 Gig card, which subsequently caused a problem in the first boot.

I cleared dalvik cache and reflashed, and all was fine

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

I flashed CM9 using CWM4 and it left apps ex link2sd on the 2 Gig card, which subsequently caused a problem in the first boot.

I cleared dalvik cache and reflashed, and all was fine

That sounds.. odd. Normally v4 of CWM will wipe the internal storage (/datadata as it is mounted in v4) when you do a wipe/factory reset. And even if that doesn't happen then when you install CM9 you remove the mount script for sdext2 so even if the apps are still there, the partition should not be mounted as sdext2 and should therefore not have any effect on the system.

Edited by Cyda, 19 November 2012 - 12:04 PM.

oldfella

oldfella

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
when the first boot had finished it started the "Android is updating" - presumably the apps on the 2 Gig card - I am sure I did a reset and there werent enough apps updated to be my complete set.

as soon as that finished it got into a loop with a series of Rom apps having a problem.

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1, Moto G, G300
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
If you're new and don't have cwm installed but you have unlocked your bootloader you can install recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.8-u8815-R3 from windows with http://www.solidfile...m/d/8736243461/

You need to connect the phone in bootloader mode first by powering on while pressing volume down until it holds at the splash screen

Edited by tcpaulh, 19 November 2012 - 12:59 PM.

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users