Battery Saving App

Guest wouterbeer

Guest wouterbeer

Hey guys, I know opinions differ on whether these kind of apps actually work (I think of Juice Defender, Easy Battery Saver, Green Power, etc.). But, I tried many of them and used Easy Battery Saver for months on all stock-based ROMs and it worked perfectly for me. The feature I need most is the auto wifi toggler, that turns wifi on and off when your screen is locked and on a given interval (I normally use 15 mins). Because I don't have a dataplan I rely on wifi the whole day and using this saves me lots and lots of battery compared to leaving wifi on the whole day.

But since I moved to CM9 R1, and now R2, these apps do not seem to work anymore (I tried easy battery saver and green power). It looks like CM9 somehow prevents those apps to automatically toggle wifi. I am wondering if any of you knows an app that actually does their job on CM9 and has this automatic toggling feature, or if I can change certain settings in CM9 that should make those kind of apps work.

Cheers

Guest wouterbeer

Wifi uses less battery than mobile data doesn't it? Just leave it on.

As said I do not use mobile data.

• I have mobile data switched off at all times.
  • I want to auto toggle wifi every 15 minutes to receive whatsapp and mail..

Guest Rattonboy

As said I do not use mobile data.

• I have mobile data switched off at all times.
  • I want to auto toggle wifi every 15 minutes to receive whatsapp and mail..

what i think the other user was trying to say was to leave wifi on all day but I know where you are trying to go, you want a bit more juice however cm9 is your true issue here not the apps (as you know). Either update it to r2 or I would suggest to change rom. I cant play nfs most wanted since I moved to cm9 wants me to download the data but I have it already. Its no biggie i will stay with cm9 like I did with KonstaT's c10 :-D Edited by Rattonboy

Guest wouterbeer

[...] however cm9 is your true issue here not the apps (as you know). Either update it to r2 or I would suggest to change rom. [...]

So you're sure CM9 is causing the issues and there is no way at all to find an app compatible with CM9 that does what I want?

Guest wouterbeer

Actually I might try it later when the wifi freeze issues are really fixed on a next build.

After some more trying it seems to me that these apps actually might work on CM9; because I just had a freeze again when screen was locked and Easy Battery Saver was enabled. Indicating the app was trying to toggle wifi :P

(I noticed because music suddenly stopped playing and then I went looking and after a minute or two phone automatically went into reboot as it 'always' does after this freeze)

Guest Rattonboy

Actually I might try it later when the wifi freeze issues are really fixed on a next build.

After some more trying it seems to me that these apps actually might work on CM9; because I just had a freeze again when screen was locked and Easy Battery Saver was enabled. Indicating the app was trying to toggle wifi :P

(I noticed because music suddenly stopped playing and then I went looking and after a minute or two phone automatically went into reboot as it 'always' does after this freeze)

i used to be on the S3 ROM and nfs most wanted worked fine with the same version and the same data files which i backed up to my laptop. then i tried to put them back onto my phone and they just wont work with or without titanium backup. hope you get a good battery app that actually works ;)