SPV, Tanager, Intel Electra, Nokia 3650, compare them!

Guest The unexpected guest !

Dammit that SPVx screen is wicked!! (Though I have a feeling that SPV screen is after a 5sec interval on half-power... Still!!! And yes, F**K the Nokia!! Remember the OLD Motorolas with a handle a massive radiator and a handset on a wire?!? hehehe :lol:

Guest midnight

screw the tanager, gimme the intel one, 200mhz and built in camera, Wistron are making a similar phone (they built the Dell Axim) that is based on the intel reference design, that could be fun.

Guest jason8

The 3650 is so pants orange aren't coming out with it! I tried texting on that, gave up at 'Hel....' I would like to meet the people who made up that design, and lock them up! :lol:

Guest Firaas
Paul whats the tanager like for paint wearing off?
I've not had it for long (!) but immediately it looks a lot more like a durable paintjob - the paint style is different, matt rather than gloss.

The blue bit comes over where they keys are, so there's no chance of the paint coming off the sides at the bottom.

Also the edges are smoothed off at the top, so another lower chance of paint coming off.

i am so jealous of people who have a tanager!!! that screen is to die 4........

Agreed :lol:

Guest Paul [MVP]

The paint is a bit better, but I have a number of places where the paint has come off...

Firaas, look at the 2 keys that will get scraped if you place the phone face down... design flaw! The paint has come off there on mine, where I place it face down (carefully) at night on the bedside table because of the damn LED!

P

Guest Firaas
"]Firaas, look at the 2 keys that will get scraped if you place the phone face down... design flaw! The paint has come off there on mine, where I place it face down (carefully) at night on the bedside table because of the damn LED!

The softkeys?

Heh - don't have a bedside table anymore, I resort to sticking it upside down on the bed...

Talking of the LED, although bright, I find the Tanager's, weirdly, quite cool...

Where can you buy the Tanager? I love the SPV but the key spacing is tight..... the Tanager's keys look just right. I've had many phones, T68i, 7650 etc, but the SPV kicks their Arses and my mates P800 too! ;)

Guest Simon Desser
The reference phone was at the meet ;)

you could have seen it there

Did any one actually see the phone running or doing anything? I had two little holds of it, and both times it was in a crashed state, and wouldn't even turn off! I was reluctant to take the battery off!

It looks the bomb though!!!

Guest awarner [MVP]
it's but ugly, thats for sure  :?

Not when you hold it though, it was surprisingly light

and very slim and had a nice feel to it.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Similar but a differeent shape.

No good if you like games but it was quoted that

this would be aimed at the business user and not the

gamer ;) shame.

David I know you don't like flip phones but the Mitac had a very nice display

Guest Vector

AAAGGHHH, don't mention flip fones :? , in the states, everyone has a flip phone. There was a good tennis game on the 7110 and the rolly thing was quite good for that ;)