Physically Dead phone.

Guest invertedgoatie

Guest invertedgoatie

Hi all,

My friend's Vivacity is dead. I mean brick dead.

Here's the story. Friend went abroad, phone kept switching off. Seemed to be battery related issues, not charging fully maybe a dodgy adaptor. So then one day it switches off, no power whatsoever despite numerous attempts to charge it.

Now, it's in my hands and I'm seriously scratching my head. Tried turning it on and it vibrated briefly, thats all. Dead battery I thought so simples, take battery out and see if I can power it on. Nothing. This is using a different charger, the one I use for my G300 every day.

Looks like I'm gonna need to take it to a t-mobile shop. But here's where it gets a bit complicated, I rooted it and put CWM + rom'd it with the bare bones gingerbread GB one from here. If they get it to work, they're gonna see my handy work and theyre going to be like fk off!!!! lol.

Advice, please.

Guest invertedgoatie

Flash a stock TPT and everything is wiped (no root or recovery)

I wish it was that easy, but this is a physical problem or internal damage as far as I can tell. Pressing and pushing the charger seems to produce different results, vibrates 4 times, or red light comes on, sometimes tries to boots but dies. Question is, whether I took it back to a shop they would replace it or do they sent it off to a factory who will then fix it and tell them it's been played with?

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Try plugging it into some form of power source then trying to boot into recovery- Might get lucky. If there's no sign of tampering then you'll get it replaced/repaired. It depends where you bought it from, for example, Carphone Warehouse made me send by Galaxy 5 back 4 times (over a year) before they eventually gave me a brand new device to apologise for the problems.

If your store fix it then I doubt they'll be tech-savvy enough to even know what Clockworkmod is and just dismiss it as normal, if it goes away then the manufacturer might not be too impressed.

Just send it off if you can't get it booted, it's worth a shot and if you have no joy then you can always try and repair it again or sell it for spares/repairs on eBay.