[FIXED] - New G300, updated to ICS, play store won't work

Guest scathontiphat

Guest scathontiphat

Hello,

I've just purchased a new G300. I unlocked it, and then went ahead and did the built a couple OTA system updates until it wouldn't update anymore and it was ICS 4.0.3. Everything seems to be working fine, except google play store. It will not download or update any apps. Just gets stuck with a the sideways scrolling bar that doesn't do anything. I can login to google talk and use it. all other internet functions seem to work just fine.

I've tried clearing the data and the cache, doesn't help. I've tried uninstalling the play store, which just reverts it back to the original market that came with the phone but then updates itself upon the first time you run it back to 3.9.16. I've tried directly downloading and installing 3.9.17 version of the play store. I've tried un-syncing my gmail account, and re-syncing it. And last but not least I've tried a "factory data reset".

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Seems like it could be a great phone, but what's the point if the play store wont work!!

[uPDATE PROBLEM FIXED] turned out to be a network problem afterall. Totally forgot that i had my Achos tablet with me this weekend as well (was not at home), and it had the same problem with the play store. Just got back home and now everything is working fine, so there must have been some sort of network problem (either with the router, or the service provider).

Edited by scathontiphat

Guest feckineejit

I've read in a post somewhere a few months back that someone tried using a googlemail.com address instead of gmail.com to get it to work as they were having problems with play store, its worth a try hope it helps, i don't have any problems with the market so sorry can't be off much more help than that.

Guest scathontiphat

[uPDATE PROBLEM FIXED] turned out to be a network problem afterall. Totally forgot that i had my Achos tablet with me this weekend as well (was not at home), and it had the same problem with the play store. Just got back home and now everything is working fine, so there must have been some sort of network problem (either with the router, or the service provider).