The B900 issue

Guest Athiril

Guest Athiril

As per http://www.modaco.co...supdate-failed/

Have not been able to find a single thing that does not result in update failure. It is a OTA update in Australia.. if only I had resisted updating it OTA.

Got a few things to try.. but not looking good, I haven't bricked my phone like others.

Anyone in Aus reading this.. do not upgrade OTA!

Current Fail List

GB Middle Downgrade/Upgrade

Fail List

Middle Downgrade/Upgrade

B882 stock rom

B885

B884

B888

B926

B927

B934

B936

B940

B944

Edited by Athiril

Guest Athiril

Anyway this is the log file error

"filename = /mmc1/dload/update.app

new partition same as old.

call RCV_MODULE_END_EVENT failed,module = OEMSBL_VER_LIST

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

OEMSBL_VER_LIST,is_rx_finish=0,is_operate_succ=1,current_operate=2

call dload_machine data process failed,module = QCSBLHD_CFGDATA

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

CMD=0xf,moduleaddr = 0xf0000000, len_tmp=0x2524

dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!"

Guest vhristenco

I had the same issue after updating to B936.

Try to zero your IMEI before applying the middle package.

After that you can flash any GB rom.

My advice would be to flash an older version (after middle package), restore the IMEI and after that upgrade via OTA (or flash any rom you want).

Good luck!

Guest Athiril

OTA is B900 over here, anyway have backed up IMEI, but looking to back up all my personal data and stuff before wiping however.

My IMEI wont zero, it's given me a new one.. have tried 3 times now.. damn, not bricked though.

Edited by Athiril

Guest Athiril2

My username apparently above doesnt' exist for some reason.. when I recovered password, it gave me null (blank, nothing) as my username, hence new one :/

Anyway, I'm running B944 now... IMEI restore of the provided folder gave me new IMEI (which didnt match original) instead of zero, so I installed B944 anyway, it worked. So success, now I just have to restore my original IMEI.. although I have gotten EDGE coverage here and there and got a few texts from a friend come through on the new IMEI (which incidentally matches the one inside the phone casing, though, not sure since I did try restore my backup.. wrote the original down that was reported and saved in a file at work, the one thing I forgot to bring with me).

So just having trouble getting onto my cell network now.. have run the restore twice.

Edit: Okay, still same IMEI.. must have actually restored that first time.. but this time rebooted in recovery mode, select reboot, and now I'm getting service again and rang up and checked my balance and it's my account, so seems to be all good.

Edited by Athiril2

Guest vhristenco

Well, if the "new" IMEI matches the one printed on the label inside the phone casing, doesn't it mean that's your phone's IMEI? :)

Anyway, to downgrade from ICS to GB, carefully read this thread (section 6) http://www.modaco.com/topic/356806-guide-upgrade-and-downgrade-the-g300-between-gb-ics-and-jb-with-downloads/

First download the GB Downgrade Kit (it will provide you all the tools you need plus the zero-imei files). Then do all the steps in section 6.

I said about downgrading to an older version than the one you plan to use because when you install the GB rom, your IMEI will be zeroed and not all the Vodafone apps will be installed on a zeroed IMEI. After you restore your IMEI, you can install any GB rom.