ICS 4.0.4 Rom

Guest BritishPatriot

Guest BritishPatriot

Hey Guys N Gals,

I have recently flashed my P990 with ClockworkMod v6.0.1.5, I am currently running Android 2.3.7 CM7, but what I'm really after is a stable ICS 4.0.4 ROM.

Any help/links appreciated! :)

TY.

Guest BritishPatriot

I'd wait, nothing out there seems stable at the moment

I would of thought there would of been one by now, I have seen some elsewhere, but people say they are so unstable! :(

Guest merlin617

I tried the Cyanogen Mod nightly the other day and found it was usable but battery life was short and GPS could not get a fix

Give it another month, ridiculous that we could not get ICS direct from LG. I won't be getting another phone from them - payback for making us wait over a year.

Edited by merlin617

Guest BritishPatriot

I tried the Cyanogen Mod nightly the other day and found it was usable but battery life was short and GPS could not get a fix

Give it another month, ridiculous that we could not get ICS direct from LG. I won't be getting another phone from them - payback for making us wait over a year.

I use the GPS for work as I travel around the UK & Europe a lot, but I'm running 2.3.7 CM7 at the moment, & that works a treat! :)

Hmm, well I'm running CM10 and the GPS works fine for me.

The wifi drain I'm dealing with via a Battery saver that aggressively limits the Wifi usage when the screen is off. The only other issues I'm seeing are the Mic stopping working after a while of uptime (just reboot) and the panoramic camera not working.

I'm content to stick with this till a fixed version is released, its easily good enough.

Guest dbbloke

What everyone needs in the topogigi or whatever his name is- ics alpha

Seems to have the buttery bits from cm10. Just installed so can't comment on audio and turned off WiFi in sleep focus in video dodgy but it is an alpha. Seems pretty stunning so far. Went for the LG bits on install not sure if you can do just stock but new LG bits are very nice looms.

Guest dbbloke

Docsmiley I tried they Rom you mention, had audio issues after a bit battery problems as well. Ended up even bricking the phone at one point when I tried cwm6.

Also when I tried it it wasnt anywhere as smooth as cm10/topo. Been using topo Rom for over a day and its still amazing.. and just an alpha. If you give a try would be interested on your thoughts.

The topo alpha so far is the best rom. If battery keeps up might even beat Paul's fr Rom but 62% so will see...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dbbloke

It's amazing. Fully working ICS. I went for the topogigi one with v6sc and kickarsekernel.

8550 in Antutu but sdcard as ever slow. Not sure I really need JB now.

Hoping battery is good but v28g overclock was giving up to 2 days.