35 replies to this topic

metal.mickey

metal.mickey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Devices:Newman K1a
ive just req'd a unlock from 02 and theyre saying i gotta use it for 12month before thye sell me an unlock

metal.mickey

metal.mickey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Theyve agreed that i can send em back

mm

xzyk

xzyk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:mobiles, Winmo, Android
  • Devices:various
Unfortunately it doesn't look like this is going to be a supported phone, either here at modaco or at the other popular site. The only thing we have for it is root.
CWM is missing, and no sign of ever showing up and even unlocking is proving hard to come by, or expensive; whoever is charging 10pounds for the unlock should note this is 30percent of the cost price, that's like asking for 150pounds to unlock a 500pounds Iphone !
It's a pity really because it's quite a snippy little phone and more than adequate as a second android handset. I have various other android devices to compare it to and it's not half bad, especially considering the 34.95 pounds I paid for it (after cashback).
Will be keeping an eye out in case the dev scene changes on the OT983, but as things stand I'm not seeing any evidence anywhere of that happening.

Edited by xzyk, 11 December 2012 - 05:45 PM.

May your jouney be uneventful !
Nexus 4......SlimMako-4.3
ZTE Blade Blade Mix V2.2.
Advent VEGA VegaComb 3.2 9n.
SGS2 -Insanity JB 0.83
Asus FonePad...stock
Huawei Y300 Stock (B186) with CWM recovery.
Arnova 7G3 -stock.
Alcatel OT-983....stock

accyuklad

accyuklad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
i got one but downsides are
screen isnt brill its not that colourfull and when you look at pictures you can see like dots and it not super clear to look at them
but so for the sound is decent but installed volume+ and it makes it more louder
touchscreen works as it should and works well
phone loads apps and files fast
phone design is very good and battery life is decent depending on your usage
shame about having no flash and no ics rom
for £39.99 you get what you paid for having a cheap screen and no flash but still decent

accyuklad

accyuklad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
downside im using o2 contract sim and i cant send mms at all i checked settings and used tweaker apn still not working

jazzuk777

jazzuk777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:G300, Moto G 16GB, Archos 7o

downside im using o2 contract sim and i cant send mms at all i checked settings and used tweaker apn still not working

Any O2 shop should be able to sort that for you (I take it you've tried texting ACTIVE to 2020? You can call 4445 if that doesn't work (call is set at 25p only). I used Tweakker in my Huawei and it worked perfectly I think. The app store when I was searching for Tweakker suggested other APN tools that might help if Tweakker doesn't, lots of them free I think.

hajj_3

hajj_3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend Y550
if you know someone with an active o2 contract they can get you an unlock code for free from o2. Also there are a few programs that can unlock this via usb now, furious gold, gb-key and i think another. We really need modaco to make a forum for this phone. It is so cheap and well spec'd, it would be perfect for someone to create a custom rom for it.

hajj_3

hajj_3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Here is a Alcatel OT-983 rom, not sure which country it is from: https://www.dropbox....m/rom 983.zip?m
Here is my o2 uk backup rom: http://www.mirrorcre...up_uk.rar_links

this .zip file contains the boot.img, system.img and recovery.img

Not sure if this is a uk rom or a foreign rom but it might help people fix faulty phones and to create custom roms.

metal.mickey

metal.mickey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Now available on T-mob and Orange so unlocking now not really an issue, unless your on 3 or Voda.

I might re-buy it

kaizoku_san

kaizoku_san

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V970

Now available on T-mob and Orange so unlocking now not really an issue, unless your on 3 or Voda.

I might re-buy it

thanks for the heads up. i like how t-mobile are saying "was £99 and now £49.99+£10". £20 more (at tmob and oj) than o2 though!!

hajj_3

hajj_3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

thanks for the heads up. i like how t-mobile are saying "was £99 and now £49.99+£10". £20 more (at tmob and oj) than o2 though!!

You can get £10.10 cashback from topcashback though so only £10 more than o2. Orange is available at argos for the same price: http://www.argos.co....ber/5189029.htm

xondrax

xondrax

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G510 4.1.1 Stock
Get the unlock code from Orange/TMob is easier than from o2?!?

hajj_3

hajj_3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
here is the sourcecode for the ot-983: http://www.mirrorcre...130103.7z_links

kaizoku_san

kaizoku_san

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V970
now that the sourcecode is released, will there be a support for this phone....hope so :)

Adamalzo

Adamalzo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Alcatel ot 983
Peaple have everithing to make a rom when are they gonna begin to make one i have a monte carlo and there are more than millions of roms online and it is even lower specs they need to make a rom this year

hajj_3

hajj_3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
monte carlo uses an intel cpu so that is a very different situation. This phone however should be easy for someone with the knowledge to make a CWM recovery and a CM7.2 rom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users