Photo

White Nexus 4 confirmed - CPW group exclusive?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
The white Nexus 4, which appeared on the Carphone Warehouse site before mysteriously vanishing, has popped up again - this time on the site of CPW sibling TalkTalk.

The TalkTalk site is now listing 'Nexus 4 by LG White + Nexus 7 Tablet', starting at only £30 per month on the 'small plan' (for existing TalkTalk subscribers), not a bad deal! The deals are currently available to pre-order, with stock due on 13th December. That's my Christmas present to myself sorted. ;)

We don't have any pictures of the white Nexus 4 yet... we're currently poking our contacts with large sticks hoping an image will pop out. :P

[Via: @StickyGeko]

Click here to view the item

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

TheBishopOfSoho

TheBishopOfSoho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Really dont get this obsession with white phones. I think they look tacky. Had a white S3 when it first released, looked hideous so returned it. How would the shimmering back on the N4 look on white?

Ian1

Ian1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus GSM

Really dont get this obsession with white phones. I think they look tacky. Had a white S3 when it first released, looked hideous so returned it. How would the shimmering back on the N4 look on white?

I 100% agree. For me white = tacky.

PhonePersona

PhonePersona

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Devices:Nexus Uno
YMMV.
I got a White and Blue S3. The white one looks MUCH better IMHO. Classier.
I also have a regular Nexus 4. I won't be getting it in white.

The same people who say white = Tacky would probably have had no issues buying the iPod back when it was ONLY available in white, or using a white MacBook laptop. The fact is that once you're given variety, it opens up the options for consumers.
This is a good thing.
Granted, white tech is not for everyone, but don't come out here and poo-poo on the tastes of those who have a little appreciation for something that doesn't work for you.
It's kinda dickish :-)

Ian1

Ian1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus GSM

YMMV.
I got a White and Blue S3. The white one looks MUCH better IMHO. Classier.
I also have a regular Nexus 4. I won't be getting it in white.

The same people who say white = Tacky would probably have had no issues buying the iPod back when it was ONLY available in white, or using a white MacBook laptop. The fact is that once you're given variety, it opens up the options for consumers.
This is a good thing.
Granted, white tech is not for everyone, but don't come out here and poo-poo on the tastes of those who have a little appreciation for something that doesn't work for you.
It's kinda dickish :-)

I have to take issue with you on that point. I have never liked white devices and I've never bought one from any manufacturer. For example, back in the day when the white iPod was the music player to have I bought a red Sony micro hard drive player that still works today.

If you like white, go for it, but it's not my cup of tea.

mealy1

mealy1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate+Ascend G300
Been in CPW today waiting for stock he said £466 to buy or £744 over
two years dont know about colour.

Jaisan888

Jaisan888

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:HAG300
It's the trend, phonemobile industry going the way of the automobile industry, White is the new Black.............

NB: Whites and Blacks are not classified as colours, they are shades, colourless.

haxxbaxx

haxxbaxx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
seems expensive to me for what you get

jonathanmusto

jonathanmusto

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
What's the point if the front is still black?

unrandomsam

unrandomsam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Play / Xoom / ZTE Blade
I don't really care about colour (Not in a way to pay a premium for any one anyway).

Don't really care about looks or weight either really. If it is fast and robust that is all I am bothered about.

Don't like paying silly money for £5 worth of flash either.

(Saw a bill of materials with manufacturing for the iphone 5 16GB which listed it at about $200).

I might get a Nexus 4 but 8GB only. Think that is at a fair price. (One of the few modern phones that I think is).

comicbookguy

comicbookguy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 4
Could have had black or white 16gb in CPW Trafford Centre for £379 + £10 top-up on O2 yesterday.

trishmac

trishmac

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Devices:HTC One ; Nexus 7 ; W8 lap :/
  • Twitter:@cairdeas4

Don't really care about looks or weight either really. If it is fast and robust that is all I am bothered about

Fast , light and lovely the N4 is..but robust? Nope. While waiting on a bumper and a case, mines already has a tiny chip, and it lives in a pouch! Many reports of glass cracking with mere temperature changes too. That aside..you'll love it! :P

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
Paul has cracked his rear glass. Dropped from armrest onto carpet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users