Anybody got SHADOWGUN: Deadzone working on g300?

Guest nabby21

Guest nabby21

Well, I done the official OTA (over the air) Update through vodaphone, to upgrade my gingerbread unrooted device to ICS.The game downloaded fine, but as I went to play a game I was greeted with a never ending loading screen, and the game froze. Any ideas what I can do to make this work? Will CM9 be better at handling this? Is there anything else I can do to give it the best chance of working on the g300? Thanks

Guest DRAGOLIZER

As much as I have tried on Dazzozo's latest CyanogenMod 9 ROM (R2), the menus work perfectly fine. It's when after joining a server and at the loading screen (where it tells you what the controls are), as it just about goes into the match, the game/screen goes black and you're back to the launcher. Not got past the stage of being able to play at all, not even once!

Guest DRAGOLIZER

I've got to say, I'm really enjoying CM9. It's great! Definitely a lot faster and a massive improvement over the stock Huawei ROMS. Makes the smartphone feel like it's worth the great price it already is, if not more. I recommend you try it. You won't be disappointed. Dazzazo's done very well with the stuff.

As for the game, technically, it requires 512MB of RAM to run (mentioned on the Play Store), so that criteria is met, but since the smartphone's got the Adreno 200 GPU, this may or may not be powerful enough. Let's see what others have to say. Also, the game's only at first public release version. Expect future improvements/updates to the game to maybe clarify things further.

Looking forward to the further graphical refinements in future CM9 updates too, tcpaulh!

Guest andy/newbie

downloaded it on infusion to try it for u it lets me play zone control but not deathmatch for some reason, cm9 will be grate when it has some tweeks done as i found games and flash content dose not work properly,so ill be staying on infusion till a newer release hope this helps

Guest nabby21

Great, I might upgrade to CM9 sounds like the best and most promising rom so far. So do I need to be rooted to upgrade to this rom, or can I upgrade without rooting? Also, is there any way to back up my data, msgs, etc so that I can restore it on CM9? Thanks in advance

Guest tcpaulh

Daz has got loads of stuff in mind for updating/optimizing. Next release will be out when he decides to stop tweaking it for a bit...and adding new stuff...

Could be today. Could be next week.

Guest nabby21

So how do people receive the tweaks he is making to the current version(which Im assuming is R2) If they're isn't an update? But thanks for the information Tcpaul. So CM9 and infusion, do these both require root? As I am skeptical about rooting