Xolo Software update Available

Guest schkinx

Hi.

I managed to flash to xolo and that worked. however when going to orange, may have done something wrong, as on reboot its a looping intel boot screen.

I have tried to run tool and does not see device

I have been into command prompt and types adb shell looking at some previous posts but it says device not found.

I did earlier try the command with cache and that did something, hovever when try the same command now it does not recognise my device.

I can get phone into fastbood mode by holding down power volume buttons but thats all apart from the looping intel logo.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest i am not a hacker

So is there any new news about jb. I'm really hoping they release it. It would be a shame of them not to

Any new news would be posted on here so no there isn't.

• 2 months later...
Guest lalaloh

I have been through several of the threads over the past day or so but I am unable to find an answer for my problem. I have had my phone OSD rooted and running the XOLO ics rom using Ricky's brilliant software but in the last few days I have lost all sound. It is as if the drivers for the sound has been wiped. I suspect a dodgy audio manager app I installed as it happen then. I have been attempting to re flash the rom to the phone but having tried all sorts of way, I just can't get the phone recognised by the AIO tool. I have tried installing the rom in the root and upgrading by USB but it goes into boot then the red triange and it fails. When I put the phone into fastboot it just hangs. (Fastboot CMD Waiting...). Recovery does the red triange routine.

I'm out of ideas and tried everything I can find on the forums without joy. I'm sure I must have missed something so If anyone has any ideas or experienced this I would appriecate their help and input.

Thanks.

Guest lalaloh

I have. Unfortunatly it just won't recognise the phone. The message is: error: device not found whether in bootloader or not. I still have root and adb is running. I reinstalled the intel moble drivers to my computer just in case but nothing. I have not had any problems before with the AIO tool recognising the phone as have changed theme colours since installing rom and root. I'm stumped.

Guest lalaloh

Just put the "xolo update.zip" on the phones internal sdcard, reboot into recovery and run the update.

That was the first thing I did. I just get the red triange and it reboot normally with no upgrade.

Guest shootomanUK

OK

Here's what to do:

1.open windows task manager by pressing ctrl-alt&del and click on the processes tab and end the ADB process.

2.now copy c:/sandiego/xolo/update.zip to c:/sandiego/tools

3.boot phone into fastboot and connect it to pc

4.go to c:/sandiego hold down shift and right mouse click on the tools folder and choose "open command windows here"

5.type: fastboot -i 0x8087 devices (to make sure the device is connected)

6.type: fastboot -i 0x8087 erase cache (wait till its finished)

7.type: fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update update.zip ( now it will flash the update)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nraju17

C:\SanDiego\tools>fastboot -i 0x8087 devices

usage: fastboot [ <option> ] <command>

commands:

update <filename> reflash device from update.zip

flashall flash boot + recovery + system

flash <partition> [ <filename> ] write a file to a flash partition

erase <partition> erase a flash partition

getvar <variable> display a bootloader variable

boot <kernel> [ <ramdisk> ] download and boot kernel

flash:raw boot <kernel> [ <ramdisk> ] create bootimage and flash it

devices list all connected devices

reboot reboot device normally

reboot-bootloader reboot device into bootloader

options:

-w erase userdata and cache

-s <serial number> specify device serial number

-p <product> specify product name

-c <cmdline> override kernel commandline

-i <vendor id> specify a custom USB vendor id

-b <base_addr> specify a custom kernel base address

-n <page size> specify the nand page size. default:

Guest nraju17

C:\SanDiego\tools>fastboot -i 0x8087 erase cache

erasing 'cache'... OKAY [ 2.070s]

finished. total time: 2.070s

C:\SanDiego\tools>fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update update.zip

sending 'update' (306355 KB)... OKAY [ 21.830s]

writing 'update'... OKAY [ 21.440s]

finished. total time: 43.280s

Flashed the file, but still my phone is dead

Guest BlueMoonRising

C:\SanDiego\tools>fastboot -i 0x8087 erase cache

erasing 'cache'... OKAY [ 2.070s]

finished. total time: 2.070s

C:\SanDiego\tools>fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update update.zip

sending 'update' (306355 KB)... OKAY [ 21.830s]

writing 'update'... OKAY [ 21.440s]

finished. total time: 43.280s

Flashed the file, but still my phone is dead

Replied to in http://www.modaco.com/topic/362367-how-to-manually-fixbrick-with-aio-tool-installed/. Don't post the same message in multiple threads, it just confuses things.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ajeeshlal

if you can boot into android I can help

Hi Ricky,

My Xolo X900 stucks on white screen after ICS update ,Please help me to restore it..

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hi Ricky,

My Xolo X900 stucks on white screen after ICS update ,Please help me to restore it..

Rick is no longer here and hasn't been for awhile.

Were you rooted or have you stuck to stock Xolo? If the latter and you're not interested in rooting then you need to call CS.

If you were rooted(or just don't want to call CS(can't blame anyone for that...)) then try http://www.modaco.com/topic/362574-solved-problem-of-screen-flashing-different-colors-after-flashing-updatezip-after-installing-37mb-or-12mb-update-on-xolo-ics-rom/#entry2124398

If you have the Xolo update.zip(299MB in size) in the root of the phone go and try it, otherwise plug the phone in to your PC and drag it there. Unplug and follow the above simple guide.

If you want to retain root DO NOT UPDATE.