Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 10th Anniversary Edition Coming December 6th

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 10th Anniversary Edition will launch for Android through Google Play on December 6th, priced at $4.99.

The 10th Anniversary Edition brings the full experience of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City to Android devices, with native high-resolution graphics and several enhancements unique to the Android platform including updated character models and lighting effects, new and more precise firing and targeting options, a fully customizable control layout and native support for Retina display devices.

I can't wait, only a fortnight to go! $4.99 is about £3.13, or €3.89.

Device Support is limited to:

• Android Phones: Motorola Razr, Razr Maxx, Razr Maxx HD, Motorola Atrix, Motorola Photon, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Rezound, HTC One X, HTC One S, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Sensation, HTC Droid Incredible 2, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy Note 1 & 2, Samsung S2, Samsung Galaxy R, Sony Xperia Play, Sony Xperia S, P, T & TL, Sony Walkman Z Series Media Player, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Google Nexus 4

• Android Tablets: Acer Iconia, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime, LG Optimus Pad, Medion Lifetab, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 / 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Sony Tablet S, Sony Tablet P, Toshiba Thrive, HTC Flyer, Google Nexus 7, Google Nexus 10

gtavc.png

Click here to view the item

Guest englishpunk

The full soundtrack was on the 10th anniversary version of GTA III. Also, whilst i have GTA III on my Motorola Atrix (MB860), it works perfectly well on my HP TouchPad running Cyanogenmod 9.

The full soundtrack was on the 10th anniversary version of GTA III. Also, whilst i have GTA III on my Motorola Atrix (MB860), it works perfectly well on my HP TouchPad running Cyanogenmod 9.

Yeah, I have GTA3 and I was surprised by the addition of the soundtrack and it was at that point that I starting hoping for Vice City and its soundtrack but with the recent licence issues I began to doubt if it would be included. Still, fingers crossed.

Guest rferrett

I am quite excited about this news in its own right, more so because the prospect of San Andres being out for Android is delicious.

San Andres is such a wonderful, magic game. It would make being forced to go to London on the train for work kinda bearable!

Guest englishpunk

Yeah, I have GTA3 and I was surprised by the addition of the soundtrack and it was at that point that I starting hoping for Vice City and its soundtrack but with the recent licence issues I began to doubt if it would be included. Still, fingers crossed.

That would be a shame, though i could prove my right to the music, i bought the CD box set for Vice City when it originally came out ;-)

I forgot just how good the sound track is in this... so far I've spent more time sitting on the beach listening to the radio than doing missions.

One great improvement in the android version over the original is that now when you exit the game it puts you back in the exact same place when you resume rather than at the previous save point is it did in the original. So it is perfectly feasible to grab a quick 5 mins gameplay without having to worry about getting back to a save cassette.

post-923750-0-52405200-1355444044_thumb.post-923750-0-55617600-1355442023_thumb.post-923750-0-52972300-1355442035_thumb.

Edited by Cyda

I notice the play store says it is compatible with the G300. Anyone got it and tested it out? How does it run?

Really laggy on the G300 for me. There is a video in the G300 forums of it running at lowest settings.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.