5 replies to this topic

trueno86

trueno86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:huawei g300
Hi all,

I have just bought 2 G300's for both my parents. They are chinese and have struggled to use it. I have just rooted it and installed a ICS update to the phone based on one of the guides(Great guides). But the Updated didn't add a chinese language settings to it. I was wondering if anyone can point me towards a Stable ICS custom rom that can use chinese as the system language. Thanx everyone for the help

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, Huawei G300, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
hmm, maybe http://www.modaco.co...-ics-shendu-os/

It links to a newer version

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

runlevel5

runlevel5

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:mtb-xc, tech, nites out, music, all sorts of stuff :-)
  • Devices:Nexus 5 32GB
  • Twitter:@@36ctJack
just checked my ics infusion language settings and I'm fairly sure Chinese is an option.hth

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
I'm positive CM9 supports Chinese traditional and simplified. You might have to confirm it as I can't read Chinese.

EDIT: I just checked on Google Translate, and yes, it supports Chinese. CM9 is also the best ROM out, so it's best that you use it if you want to have a reliable experience.

Attached Files

Edited by kyan31, 22 November 2012 - 08:32 PM.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
Also as a further avenue for you, the U8818 is the exact same phone, its the Chinese version of the U8815/G300 only it has nfc. The roms are usable on each device.

So just Google U8818 roms.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
CM9 is definitely the best choice if it's for somebody else. It's the best when it comes to performance and usability.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

trueno86

trueno86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:huawei g300
Thanx a lot, Just downloaded the CM9 rom. Its perfect. Thanx a lot for the reply guys. Much appreciated. Parents are so happy now. lol

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, Huawei G300, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
Heh, I was trying to avoid recommending it due to a couple of small issues. Was going to advise you to wait till version R3 but you should get that automatically as an OTA update.

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users