Jr11 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

New version in the kitchen - prebake to follow soon!

P

Changelog

11th December

• All installed apps updated to latest versions.
  • Toggle2G now available in the kitchen.

Guest comicbookguy

Yes, the problem is making a call using the in car Bluetooth. The audio for a call works but the controls don't. Worked fine on 4.1

4.2 has issues with the AVRCP profile for Bluetooth audio remote apparently. :(

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest comicbookguy

That's MTP, not mass storage!

(When it shows up as a media device, it questions the compatibility of what you're transferring

When it shows up as a mass storage drive letter, you can put anything on it)

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest davidalow44

Google wallet has been updated to the latest patched release.

On my Galaxy Nexus I burned out the "Secure Element" (required by Wallet) very early into the ROM flashing game, and would like to avoid having that happen again.

I have Wallet running on my stock N4 - what do I need to do before rooting and flashing MoDaCo to make sure I don't fry that damned chip?

TIA

Guest davidalow44

Answered my own question - simply did a Google Wallet Reset in the app's settings, unlocked, rooted and installed Jr4, and everything seems to be kosher. At least in terms of the Secure Element survival.

On my Galaxy Nexus I burned out the "Secure Element" (required by Wallet) very early into the ROM flashing game, and would like to avoid having that happen again.

I have Wallet running on my stock N4 - what do I need to do before rooting and flashing MoDaCo to make sure I don't fry that damned chip?

TIA

Woah now. What's all this about burning out the secure element? How can that happen just from flashing roms? You're making me nervous.

Guest hendrik.steinhorst

That's MTP, not mass storage!

(When it shows up as a media device, it questions the compatibility of what you're transferring

When it shows up as a mass storage drive letter, you can put anything on it)

Thanks for clearing that out.

Guest davidalow44

Woah now. What's all this about burning out the secure element? How can that happen just from flashing roms? You're making me nervous.

It happened to lots of folks with the GN, you can google it. Although it has no affect on other NFC activities, it leaves you with a lower phone resale value.

I have no idea if the Wallet design has changed, or even if the N4 has a secure element, but I don't want to take a chance until I do know.