Jr11 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Hmmm.. My nexus 4 has a scratch. On the screen. I find this odd as it goes near nothing sharp and is gorilla glass.

Take note folks

My screen is still scratch free *touches wood*, shame about the cracked back tho!

P

My screen is still scratch free *touches wood*, shame about the cracked back tho!

P

Don't know how it happened. My phone always has its own pocket, nothing goes near it. I'm tempted to say the glass isn't what it should be. LG are no help at all!

Predictably!

There's no way the back of mine should have cracked with a short fall onto carpet...

P

It;s so frustrating. I'll swap if you want :P

I have a case covering the back of mine. At the minute as good as the device seems to be I couldn't recommend buying one based on build quality. I also had a screen protector that went no where near fitting the device.

What's even more annoying is the lack of stock of the Official LG Bumper :angry2:

Not worth it though as it doesn't protect the back or the screen. Hence resulting in a scratched front/ smashed back

Not worth it though as it doesn't protect the back or the screen. Hence resulting in a scratched front/ smashed back

It raises the phone's back off whatever surface it's on, same for the screen.

It raises the phone's back off whatever surface it's on, same for the screen.

So does the case that's on mine. It has still scratched. Honestly my phone lives in my left pocket. NOTHING else ever goes in there. Take my advice use a screen protector.LG have been useless in replying to me as I suspect the device was faulty in the first place e.g. not treated properly or something

PS sorry for the rant. LG have p'ed me off with their lack of customer service. They want £23.50 just to look at it!

Edited by jmagee

Hm, funnily enough on their official UK page I asked them about the bumpers and they completely ignored my questions while answering others' about the phone availability.

Guest comicbookguy

The leather pouch and soft shell I've ordered can't arrive quick enough. My naked GNex survived a skate across concrete without major damage, and a rear shell swap was an easy diy job. Never thought I'd be championing Samsung build quality......

N4 flip cases now available on ebay :(

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest comicbookguy

Hey Paul, new member here. Great stable rom.

How about adding the Beats+XLOUDER! 4.2.1 JB Louder Audio Improvement Patch to the kitchen? I've patched it to your ROM and works great.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2025486

Hmmm... Its a bit louder..... get more effect by pushing the sliders up on the equalizer than by enabling the boost . Better than nothing tho!

The leather pouch and soft shell I've ordered can't arrive quick enough. My naked GNex survived a skate across concrete without major damage, and a rear shell swap was an easy diy job. Never thought I'd be championing Samsung build quality......

N4 flip cases now available on ebay :(

That's the worst part I guess, I had a case but returned it as it was too tight. If I get it replaced I'll be getting a screen protector!

Guest mkent_barbados

Can I please ask what screen time you guys are getting? Don't get my phone until Saturday so haven't been able to test for myself...thanks for any info!

Guest comicbookguy

3 hrs plus here....

Franco kernel gave me a big improvement

Using llama to toggle radios etc.

NFC when screen is off really hammered battery life

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest davidalow44

3 hrs plus here....

Franco kernel gave me a big improvement

I'm using the Franco Kernel Updater app to play with CPU frequencies of the stock kernel. It may be my imagination, but dropping the minimum CPU to 384 MHz seems to help with typical usage patterns.