Jr11 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest comicbookguy

Llama: A bit like Tasker but much more intuitive IMO. Allows you to change ringer volumes & stop or start all major functions of the phone based on time, location and other factors. Also free. Try the latest beta from the KeSPAMpps blog site.

I use it to switch my ringer and sync off at work, WiFi off when I leave home, screen on time down when battery gets low, BT on when I put the phone in the car dock...... The only thing its missing at fhe moment is the ability to toggle NFC.

Also:

Nexus 4 flip case, mini stylus & screen protector with proximity sensor cutout £4.99 on eBay, delivered in 2 days from UK:

post-862200-0-57097000-1355510481_thumb.

Guest comicbookguy

I hate screen protectors anyway, so I'll never use it (+1 on the nekkid, paul!) but I've just checked & its 2mm all round smaller than the glass!

Edited by comicbookguy

Fragile or not, I still like it naked. ;-)

P

Ooh err :o

To be honest I'm still adamant that mines faulty, although you back shouldn't have cracked, get on to Google for an exchange. They've said they'd swap mine if I'd have bought out from them >_>

Guest ObserverBG

Paul, have you considered adding inverted gapps to kitchen options? As a pack or piece by piece?

I would like to have contacts (people), SMS/MMS and GTalk with black background.

Guest PaulOBrien

Ooh err :o

To be honest I'm still adamant that mines faulty, although you back shouldn't have cracked, get on to Google for an exchange. They've said they'd swap mine if I'd have bought out from them >_>

Hmm,wonder who i'd speak to? Would need to be LG I think, mine came 'via a friend'...

Paul, have you considered adding inverted gapps to kitchen options? As a pack or piece by piece?

I would like to have contacts (people), SMS/MMS and GTalk with black background.

Not my thing personally, anyone else?

P

Hmm,wonder who i'd speak to? Would need to be LG I think, mine came 'via a friend'...

Not my thing personally, anyone else?

P

Forget it then. I've had less than no luck there. Google are the people to deal with.

I guess they'll only deal with Play Store orders...

P

They've been trying to help me regardless. LG have been frustrating. Probably better just buying a new play store one and selling the old one. Or getting a case for it :o

Guest PaulOBrien

They've been trying to help me regardless. LG have been frustrating. Probably better just buying a new play store one and selling the old one. Or getting a case for it :o

It's not super visible to be fair so I'm just ignoring it. Oh well.

P

It's not super visible to be fair so I'm just ignoring it. Oh well.

P

I'd have done the same. Just the principal of it now. Gorilla glass shouldn't just scratch! Normally you can't even see it. Think the CPW are going to change it based on what Google have said.

Dropped lucky I think :lol:

Guest comicbookguy

Was going to ask where it was from. Mines CPW too, just in case...

Update on the flip case:

Nice snug fit, faux suede lining in the inside of the flap and most of the inside of the shell, good access to all the buttons & ports (even the sim slot). Fairly thick when doubled over, but it actually makes it fit better in my car dock and doesn't prevent the NFC from working. Smelled very fake and solventy at first but its improving after 24hrs

Guest Eruscool

Well hopefully getting the replacement Monday but not sure on protection. Don't like flip cases. May do screen protector if I find on that fits

I can't stand screen protectors, I like my display to be perfectly clear.

I can't stand screen protectors, I like my display to be perfectly clear.

Me neither but I'm not risking a scratch again, suggestions to alternatives appreciated

Guest PaulOBrien

I'd have done the same. Just the principal of it now. Gorilla glass shouldn't just scratch! Normally you can't even see it. Think the CPW are going to change it based on what Google have said.

Dropped lucky I think :lol:

Lucky sod!

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Apologies, i've been busy working on some site issues today - the next update is still in progress!

Primary changes are updates and fixes... any requests, get them in now! :)

P