[Request] ROM with Sense 4+

Guest CommeRestus

Guest CommeRestus

Hi all!

I'm creating this topic to ask developers if they can port Sense 4 to our device. I really like it, and i think Sense might have many fans here. I like the "goodies" from HTC. If that could be done it would be perfect!

Cmon developers and fans of Sense! Don't know if that can be done with CM9 (as long as Daz don't mind) as base, but it would be perfect. We have some very good devs in here!

Hope someone can do it :P

Thanks

Guest thepolodoc

not to be funny or anything but I havent even seen any of the other sense launchers and all the counterparts ported over to other devices let alone a device like this with less than average users. Save yourself some time and if you want it you try and port it but I can guess you wont get too far. Sorry for the disappointment

Guest krishang3

Hello, I would more than likely port this for a small minority of people but not much people will gather to the sense UI is nice but I don't like its new 4 concept.... the old ones were much better but of course they have some great features moat phones don't produce.

Sense port isn't as easy as you think.

Guest CommeRestus

I asked this because i know it is hard. i only have some experience in decompiling apk's for translation only, like i did for 360 Launcher. Porting Sense is far more dificult than translating a Launcher that runs in every ROM. That's why i'm asking some dev (that doesn't have any project at the time being) to do it if he likes too. About CM9 Sense 4 Theme i already have it, but that's what it is, a theme. I like the extras Sense 4 Launcher and widgets have. And about buying an HTC, i would if they had the same quality/price ratio that Huawei has. The nearest HTC that i could afford would be HTC (Desire i think) C. Which has less hardware than G300.

But it seems its not a good idea after all. I don't know how to build a ROM, which i believe is the only way to port Sense. Modding apk's i could learn which files i had to mod, but not an entire ROM.

Thought there would be more Sense fans here :P but its ok. Thanks for your answers. When i have more time i'll do some research to see if i can port it basing on CM9 for example (if Daz let me).

Greetings.

Tiago

Guest CommeRestus

ok, so i talked with Daz about desire V, and since it is dual SIM i would get problems with RIL. So i'm using this ROM from One V with Sense 4.1 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1943412)

I've decompiled both CM9's and this ROM boot.img and making the changes that boot.img will need. (I've no idea what changes i need to make so im copying every line that has HTC name on it :P)

Guest Dazzozo

ok, so i talked with Daz about desire V, and since it is dual SIM i would get problems with RIL.

I didn't say that at all. I said you would have RIL problems period. This device is has no mercy when it comes to RIL for anyone working on custom or ported ROMs.

Guest krishang3

I didn't say that at all. I said you would have RIL problems period. This device is has no mercy when it comes to RIL for anyone working on custom or ported ROMs.

Lol hmmmm I knew this was the case for most htcs as I got these annoying ril error too lol