New OTA Update B952 announced by Vodafone for 28/11/12

Guest Huaweian

Guest soulhand

Do I have to update to B936 in order to get B952?

Given that this latest update is a lot smaller than the update to B936, I'd say the answer is obviously yes. There's no way this update contains both the B936 update and the update from B936 to B952.

Guest Predackon

U need to be on stock GB then you upgrade to first s*** update B936. Then you upgrade to B952 and its still s*** wow. So much for we have been listening and have not been able to reproduce any of the reported problems. They are still there ringtone reverts to default, Memory card Keeps mounting and un-mounting,Calling function still doesn't work, congratulations on dictionary fix vodphone.

vodaphone == s***

Guest Mobilerab

The over-the-AIRupdate this morning didn't work. "image signature verify fail". This after I upgraded to official ICS last week. Pressing "2volbuttons" method of install fails about 1/4 way through the install "Update failed". Reading through this thread now to work out how to recover from this...

Ok, I've got my sdcard in a samsung galaxy tab2 (took a while to find somebody with a micro sdcard reader!). I think I have to repalce the dload directory with a new file. But what? Is B936 the official ICS? EDIT. sorry - just saw the post above. Edited by Mobilerab

Guest alhimyaa

I had the same issue of being unable to update from GB to ICS but eventually forced it through somehow. Anybody know why this happens? Seems like it is not happening with everybody. I am trying out the stock recovery image way, failed in my first attempt because i do not have the android SDK installed.

Guest tcpaulh

I installed b952 this morning i have about 30 apps installed antutu benchmark was pretty impressive memory management seemed really nice also.

Screenshot_2012_11_28_13_12_14.jpg

Fancy dumping the system partition?

adb shell

su

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 of=/sdcard/system.img

I installed b952 this morning i have about 30 apps installed antutu benchmark was pretty impressive memory management seemed really nice also.

Screenshot_2012_11_28_13_12_14.jpg

how does it compare with current ics roms, i hear ther are still bugs in it?

Fancy dumping the system partition?

adb shell

su

If he uploads the system image I'll knock a cwm zip up for everyone.

Guest Aradalienz

Can i do that without rooting ? Or will i have to reroot and install recovery.

Gonna root and install cwm then ill dump the system image.

UPDATE managed to root ill get the file uploaded asap

Edited by Aradalienz

Guest alhimyaa

In my attempts to force the update one way or another and possibly messing up the fast boot way of using stock CWM, i now cannot boot into the phone or recovery. I get this error:

"Your appboot image may have an incorrect signature.

Please update your image to a Signature official one.

You can remove battery for power down."

Trying to follow a post by someone else who had the same problem, but having no luck as of yet so if anybody could help me, I would appreciate it :(

Guest tcpaulh

Can i do that without rooting ? Or will i have to reroot and install recovery.

Gonna root and install cwm then ill dump the system image.

UPDATE wont root >.<

Root is probably required. What method are you trying?

Edit: A simple copy of the system directory might be easier for Cyda. Just wasn't sure if permissions etc might be an issue. Root also required for that.

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest Mobilerab

^ I'm in the same boat (incorrect signature.) From another post "try forcing the update by powering off, removing battery for 5 seconds then powering up holding both volume keys.

If that doesn't work you can try the IMEI method."

Anybody got a pointer to "the IMEI method" Had a look for "stock ROMs" as it looks like I may need one. Couldn't find much except B927. Any good?

Edited by Mobilerab

Guest tcpaulh

^ I'm in the same boat (incorrect signature.) From another post "try forcing the update by powering off, removing battery for 5 seconds then powering up holding both volume keys.

If that doesn't work you can try the IMEI method."

Anybody got a pointer to "the IMEI method" Had a look for "stock ROMs" as it looks like I may need one. Couldn't find much except B927. Any good?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fHCqgv3Erj-IOAHssv20sxVMaphQJiVr3hebq9oQHNo/edit

Guest tcpaulh

Stop using the Chrome test page to check for hardware acceleration :angry: it is totally irrelevant to what you're looking for.

lol that had me. I thought accelerated canvas implied USE_OPENGL_RENDERER := true

Edit: A simple copy of the system directory might be easier for Cyda. Just wasn't sure if permissions etc might be an issue. Root also required for that.

Either will do me. :)

In my attempts to force the update one way or another and possibly messing up the fast boot way of using stock CWM, i now cannot boot into the phone or recovery. I get this error:

"Your appboot image may have an incorrect signature.

Please update your image to a Signature official one.

You can remove battery for power down."

Trying to follow a post by someone else who had the same problem, but having no luck as of yet so if anybody could help me, I would appreciate it :(

Reflash CWM via fastboot and either roll back to a previous nandroid or re-install a rom via cwm.

@ all those trying to force the update; just wait until Aradalienz has uploaded a system image and I have had time to make & upload a cwm zip. It will save you a load of hassle.

Edited by Cyda

Guest Akathecat
Has anyone reported it breaks things? I've only seen reports that the update wouldn't install.In fact, I've seen no reports from anyone who has actually installed the update! (I would except I can't get it to offer me it again)
Like I said earlier this is not something to rush into as it is breaking more things than it is fixing and I am sure one of the developers will base their next updated rom on this release if it has anything to offer that is! :P or Cyda will get the time to make a CWM zipped version that takes all the pain out of it for us all... Edited by Akathecat

Guest alhimyaa

Either will do me. :)

Reflash CWM via fastboot and either roll back to a previous nandroid or re-install a rom via cwm.

@ all those trying to force the update; just wait until Aradalienz has uploaded a system image and I have had time to make & upload a cwm zip. It will save you a load of hassle.

How do I reflash via fastboot? I have some old CWM folders with fastboot-windows files but it stays on waiting for phone message. As with the other post, when I press power and vol+/-, it takes me to the screen with the message about the incorrect signature. If I press power and volume + and -, it would take me to a pink screen. This was with different files in the dload folder, including the latest CWM, the R3 ICS that Daz released. However, using the middle package and the other update.app in that zip from Huawei would take me to update but fail on both occasions.

Not sure if it would help but I think the problem was due to me using an old CWM Easy Installer to install the stock CWM somebody posted a link to on this page. I changed the .bat file to point to that .img file rather than the original .img it was meant to. Hope that makes sense. Also, after doing that I was able to reboot into the old recovery and install the latest OTA update released today successfully. But when I rebooted the signature error started.

Guest Mobilerab
Thanks but I cannot boot "signature verify fail" when I do the voda update. I can get access to my sdcard via a reader and I cannot find my 5irom directory (I'm sure I did one last week). Oh well, guess I will try "Reflash CWM via fastboot" as said above. Or http://www.modaco.co...ms-from-huawei/

EDIT: but even get "signature error" holding the 'Power' & 'volume down' key. !?

EDIT2: wihtout the sdcard I get the purple screen (of death!?)

Edited by Mobilerab

Im having to use titanium to backup the system will that be ok Cyda ?

No, that probably won't work.

Doesn't this work via cmd? {you'll need adb setup for this to work)

adb shell

su

If you can't so it that way, make a nandroid backup with CWM and upload the system partition backup.

I don't want to get in the way but is it possible to get the update .app for B952?

There isn't one, thats why we are needing a system dump. Someone posted the update.zip a page or so back but it is a patch rather than a full update.app.

Edited by Cyda