soulhand

soulhand

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, San Francisco 2
  • Twitter:@soulhand
How do I force the phone to re-check for updates? I got offered the update but I was on the train, now I'm in the office and on wifi it says no updates :(

Mobilerab

Mobilerab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:G300
The over-the-AIRupdate this morning didn't work. "image signature verify fail". This after I upgraded to official ICS last week. Pressing "2volbuttons" method of install fails about 1/4 way through the install "Update failed". Reading through this thread now to work out how to recover from this...

Edited by Mobilerab, 28 November 2012 - 12:09 PM.

Akathecat

Akathecat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
The real question would be is it worth it? Can someone update with verified info on the volumes / storage and memory mangement?

glangors

glangors

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

The over-the-update this morning didn't work. "image signature verify fail". This after I upgraded to official ICS last week. Pressing "2volbuttons" method of install fails about 1/4 way through the install "Update failed". Reading through this thread now to work out how to recover from this...

In the same boat

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo

The over-the-update this morning didn't work. "image signature verify fail". This after I upgraded to official ICS last week. Pressing "2volbuttons" method of install fails about 1/4 way through the install "Update failed". Reading through this thread now to work out how to recover from this...

over-the-update? :P

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

The real question would be is it worth it? Can someone update with verified info on the volumes / storage and memory mangement?

There is no way that we can know this info. They don't provide an accurate changelog so the only way to check for fixes is through testing, and half of us (if not most) won't even be able to get the update because we are not completely stock. If they had given us a full rom instead of just an patch we could have at least dumped the lot and tested it via a CWM zip but as it is atm it is not worth the hassle.

The only way I can see of getting a full CWM flashable version of this would be to downgrade to GB and get all the OTA updates to this version, then once this is done dump the system image and make a CWM zip from that. But really, knowing both Huawei and Vodafone, is it worth the hassle of doing all this on the feint of chance they might have actually fixed something?

glangors

glangors

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

over-the-update? :P

Did the OTA this morning resulting in " Image signature fail " on reboot .Forcing upgrade following Frankish post for firmware update fails after unpacking

Akathecat

Akathecat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
I think the answer is if you have a rom that works for you at the moment then steer well clear of the update / patch because it sounds like if your phone is not completely stock it is going to cause you a headache anyway or is that just my negative side showing it's ugly face :angry2: lol. (rephrased as it seems someone has that time of the month and is a little hormonal)

Edited by Akathecat, 28 November 2012 - 12:36 PM.

soulhand

soulhand

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

it sounds like if your phone is not completely stock it is going to break anyway.

Has anyone reported it breaks things? I've only seen reports that the update wouldn't install.

In fact, I've seen no reports from anyone who has actually installed the update! (I would except I can't get it to offer me it again)

johnpeterman

johnpeterman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
After 952 update, WebGL: Unavailable. Hardware acceleration disabled.
Connected to PC as mass storage via USB, ringtone still resets to default.

Edited by johnpeterman, 28 November 2012 - 12:29 PM.

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Devices:huawei

After 952 update, WebGL: Unavailable. Hardware acceleration disabled.
Connected to PC as mass storage via USB, ringtone still resets to default.

so what have they acutally done to make things better?

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

so what have they acutally done to make things better?

The only things I can see is updated google apps and fixed the dictionary bug.

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Devices:huawei

The only things I can see is updated google apps and fixed the dictionary bug.

what a load of rubbish! :angry:

gojiso

gojiso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend
Does anyone know - can you only get this OTA update if you already on B936?

I kept my phone on B895 as I wanted to avoid B936 but when I check today for new updates, only B936 is currently showing.

Do I have to update to B936 in order to get B952?

Thanks.

(My phone is as I bought it from VF with all the VF bloatware etc.)

soulhand

soulhand

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Do I have to update to B936 in order to get B952?

Given that this latest update is a lot smaller than the update to B936, I'd say the answer is obviously yes. There's no way this update contains both the B936 update and the update from B936 to B952.

Predackon

Predackon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:G300 Galaxy 3
U need to be on stock GB then you upgrade to first s*** update B936. Then you upgrade to B952 and its still s*** wow. So much for we have been listening and have not been able to reproduce any of the reported problems. They are still there ringtone reverts to default, Memory card Keeps mounting and un-mounting,Calling function still doesn't work, congratulations on dictionary fix vodphone.

vodaphone == s***

Mobilerab

Mobilerab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:G300

The over-the-AIRupdate this morning didn't work. "image signature verify fail". This after I upgraded to official ICS last week. Pressing "2volbuttons" method of install fails about 1/4 way through the install "Update failed". Reading through this thread now to work out how to recover from this...

Ok, I've got my sdcard in a samsung galaxy tab2 (took a while to find somebody with a micro sdcard reader!). I think I have to repalce the dload directory with a new file. But what? Is B936 the official ICS? EDIT. sorry - just saw the post above.

Edited by Mobilerab, 28 November 2012 - 01:10 PM.

Aradalienz

Aradalienz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Devices:Huawei 8815 G300
I installed b952 this morning i have about 30 apps installed antutu benchmark was pretty impressive memory management seemed really nice also.

Posted Image

alhimyaa

alhimyaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
I had the same issue of being unable to update from GB to ICS but eventually forced it through somehow. Anybody know why this happens? Seems like it is not happening with everybody. I am trying out the stock recovery image way, failed in my first attempt because i do not have the android SDK installed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users