Orange San Francisco 2 won't go into recovery mode

Guest mrfraud

Guest mrfraud

Hello peoples,

I am trying to unlock/root and put cm9 on my Orange San Francisco 2. The problem is, it wont go into recovery mode. When rebooting (while pressing down on the vol down key) I see the green android android, and then a grey box with 'FTN.' I have followed the following advice on how to go about doing what I want despite being a noob.

In short, Help!

M

P.S On a not-really-related note, I also (in my blundering style) tried to repartition my 32gb sd card, using the 'MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition'. I made 2 partitions, one with just under 28gb (fat32) and one around 4gb (ext2) for the apps. However, whenever I plug it in, the windows still shows the H drive (the memory card) as a fat32 drive. It also shows the size of around 32gb, not 28gb which is what I had set aide for the fat32 partition. I haven't had a chance to actually test any of this out as I'm still trying to resolve the re-ROMing of my phone. Any advice on this would be helpful too :)

Did you installed ClockWorkMode ? If not you cant install any of the "cooked" roms on this forum because they all need CWM.

For second partition you also need ClockWorkMode installed so you can format SD card and make 2nd partition (i recommend 1GB because i think that anything more than that is waste of space )

Also i must tell you that you should read some topics on this forum under ZTE Crescent thread and you will find all answers that you are looking for , a lot of peaople already had/have same problems/questions as you.

Guest mrfraud

I tried installing Clockwork Recovery Mod. However, my phone did not recognise the fact that there are any 'software updates' on the SD card. The error message:

"Storage Card Updates Failed

Do not find update package on storage card, please confirm that update has been copied to image directory on storage card!"

What guide did you fallowed when tryed to install CWM ? You have on forum guide that we all use to flash it and everything works just look a bit on Crescent forum and you will find it , dont be that lazy ;)

Guest mrfraud

?/I can't actually install clockwork recovery mod because my phone won't recognise the software updates. Also, I've tried looking for solutions but maybe im not searching the correct search words...?

Guest irishpancake

?/I can't actually install clockwork recovery mod because my phone won't recognise the software updates. Also, I've tried looking for solutions but maybe im not searching the correct search words...?

The simplest way to put either version of ClockWorkMod Recovery is by way of Amphora's TPT's, see this post:

http://www.modaco.co...flash-recovery/

NB....This is a way to flash via TPT, on phones which have not had internal partitions modified, i.e. still on stock partition!!!

All data, etc, will remain untouched, but follow instructions carefully!!!

Instructions to flash TPT's are included, but I quote here:

Instructions:

Check the m5sums.

Unzip to the root of your sdcard, you should have a folder called image with an image.bin and nandroid.md5 file inside it.

Check the md5sum of the image.bin matches the one listed in the nandroid.md5 file.

Either:

1. Go to settings, about phone, system updates and start from there. [TMV]

or

2. Turn your phone off, then power on holding menu and vol+. [OSF II]

Warnings:

Delete the image folder after using.

Again, make sure you check the md5sums.

Use this at your own risk.

This method is more dangerous, so try the other methods of flashing recovery first.

Edited by irishpancake