Pathetic amount of storage for apps?

Guest K1LLER HORNET

Guest K1LLER HORNET

Hi everyone,

Just had a G300 delivered and been playing with it/setting it up for most of the day now and have been trying to solve the incredibly annoying insufficent storage error.

I was under the impression that this phone had around 2GB in internal storage, but in fact that is not available for apps, just other crap I guess.

I can only use around 700mb and around 122mb is already taken up by invisible apps; probably system stuff.

Anyway, I've tried link2sd and I just can't get it to work. Been trying for hours now and have given up. I've never been able to get that thing to work no matter how I partition the card...

And it doesn't help that Google removed the move to SD card option in ICS. That would have done me fine.

Are there any custom roms that can take advantage of the over 2GB of storage available on the phone?

Or even an easy way to manually move the game data onto the sd card like on 2.3 would be ok.

Thanks.

Guest MrPuddington
I was under the impression that this phone had around 2GB in internal storage, but in fact that is not available for apps, just other crap I guess.

I can only use around 700mb and around 122mb is already taken up by invisible apps; probably system stuff.

Anyway, I've tried link2sd and I just can't get it to work. Been trying for hours now and have given up. I've never been able to get that thing to work no matter how I partition the card...

It is true: the partitioning of the internal storage is pathetic, especially given that ICS should get rid of all these problems.

Link2sd on the other hand works great. You need to have rooted the phone, I think it works only with certain (custom?) kernels, and I would very much recommend to use Linux (gparted to be specific) for partitioning the SD card. Under Windows there are a number of issues that have to be addressed - it is possible but not easy.

Guest bladebuddy

Move to sd option has not been removed in ICS you can use apps like app2sd e.t.c or move them or manually in settings/manage apps.

Also when using links2sd I think if you choose the fat option you don't have to partition the sd card you only need to do that if choosing EXT2 e.t.c but as my card is already partitioned I might be wrong.

Guest K1LLER HORNET

I have used MiniTool Partition Wizard 7 like the guides say and made 2 partitions. One Fat32 and the other (partition 2) in either Fat32 or Ext but it still doesn't get recognised by link2sd.

The only one of these expansion apps that have ever worked for me has been simple2ext (cyanogen only app). That worked fine but seemed to limit me to 512mb iirc.

Wish you could unlock all the internal storage for use however you like. Like the Nexus devices can.

I think this will be a major factor in my next purchase as fiddling about trying to get it to work is seriously tedious and time consuming.

I will check out app2sd. Hopefully I can move the majority of the large game files onto the SD.

Guest hippy dave

there are a couple of recent threads with tools for this, one is link2int for the cm9 rom, the other one is for stock-based roms and is called something else. link2int works great on cm9, haven't tried the other.