• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

manishmalikkvs

manishmalikkvs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:Xolo X900
Is there any way to get the jelly bean on xolo ??? Had anyone tried some custom rom on xolo device ?? Also see this link

http://www.trickytwe...w-to-guide.html

It claims that xolo can be rooted . Can this be helpfull in getting Jelly Bean ????

I contacted xolo many times for getting the expected launch date for jelly bean upgrade but they just say see the xolo website for future software and os update.I don't think they are doing anything for the jelly bean upgrade ,I am completly upset with their reply :(.So please guys help.

PS: I am completly noob about the rooting related stuff. I have no idea about it. So please don't mind if i had written something illogical abt rooting above.My concern is only to get jelly bean .

ayziaa

ayziaa

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, LG G Pad
  • Twitter:@Ayziaa
Only way we'll get jelly bean is from orange or lava (xolo). It's not possible to make cutom roms at the moment because the bootloader is locked and doesn't allow kernels or even custom recovery with differents signatures from the original one.

Android folder music player for holo lovers :https://play.google....=fr.ayziaa.App2

technomole

technomole

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
In short yes the xolo ics can be rooted, but custom roms won't work, there is meant to be a jelly bean update coming soon (fingers crossed before the end of the year)

For rooting the xolo see this thread - http://www.modaco.co...n diego__st__0

The reason (I think) custom roms won't work is becasue as yet no one has managed to un lock the bootloader, but there are some things that can be done, for example changing themes, changing the density of the lcd screen, and enabling the internal sd card port (there's a guide on how to get the back off the phone)

manishmalikkvs

manishmalikkvs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
@technomole
no sign of jelly bean.How can you say before the end of this year ?(any source) I mailed around 12-15 times to xolo care asking them about the jelly bean update and wifi direct problem ( as we don't have any option to share through wifi direct in social gallery , So i asked them). But every time they reply
"We would like to inform you that for any update regarding the new software versions or Operating systems, kindly stay connected with our website WWW.XOLO.IN because currently we don’t have any Exact date for the same"
With such a reply from them i cannot expect jelly bean update :'( from xolo....:'(

technomole

technomole

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

@technomole
no sign of jelly bean.How can you say before the end of this year ?(any source) I mailed around 12-15 times to xolo care asking them about the jelly bean update and wifi direct problem ( as we don't have any option to share through wifi direct in social gallery , So i asked them). But every time they reply
"We would like to inform you that for any update regarding the new software versions or Operating systems, kindly stay connected with our website WWW.XOLO.IN because currently we don’t have any Exact date for the same"
With such a reply from them i cannot expect jelly bean update :'( from xolo....:'(

A lot of people have asked xolo about jelly bean and got similar answers, although they didn't give an exact date for the ics update either, but given that intel have already signed off on jelly bean it's now up to xolo etc to sort out the update, it may be the end of the year, but it may not.

The best advice is to keep an eye on the website, most people are pretty sure it will get released quite quickly, despite xolo and ornage in the uk not actually saying whether the jb update is coming and when, and they did seem to get the ics update out quite fast.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF
There was a comment from one of the Lava employees on Xolo s Facebook page that stated they were working on JB. I've no doubt whatsoever that it will come from Xolo and presumably eventually(?) from Orange.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

manishmalikkvs

manishmalikkvs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
when i asked xolo for ics update the told that they will launch at the sept. But this time are not even saying any month or date. Also on their specification of xolo at the time of release of xolo they promise to give ICS upgrade So may be that is the reason for such a fast release of ICS.
intel ported the JB in september but almost december arrived but no sign of jelly bean. :(

nadezz

nadezz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
So unfair to title this post Xolo JB! Got my hopes up only to be dashed on the rocks :P

mohammed naeem

mohammed naeem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Really we don't have to aspect jb from xolo developer.so we haveto made a custom rom for xolo x900 like htc desire hd.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Really we don't have to aspect jb from xolo developer.so we haveto made a custom rom for xolo x900 like htc desire hd.

Pretty sure we CAN expect JB from Xolo(and probably Orange), when is another matter.
You can't make a custom ROM until the bootloader is unlocked.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

manishmalikkvs

manishmalikkvs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Good news guys, if the source is assumed to be valid than we can expect jb update from xolo by 2nd week of January. The source being a close to xolo executives. So just finger cross.....

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts
Awesome. Looks like all the information going around is true then. Motorola are updating the RAZRi next month as well. Also I did notice that updates to the engineer ICS ROMs has stopped.. no updates for a month now so they probably have moved to JB already.

Now I just need to find where they are hiding the JB roms

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Good news guys, if the source is assumed to be valid than we can expect jb update from xolo by 2nd week of January. The source being a close to xolo executives. So just finger cross.....

The source being???
Come on spill, where did you here this?

manishmalikkvs

manishmalikkvs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Go to Facebook type Intel Xolo x900
You will see the Page. Just glare on the comments by the user. You can see the source..

i am not a hacker

i am not a hacker

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade and Orange San Diego
I can't find the page

Nexus 10
Orange San Diego

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts
http://www.facebook....247874741985109

Sukrith Krishnakumarposted toIntel xolo x900

25 November

great but a bit sad news... got info from a xolo official that jellybean update will be out in january.... :-D

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

http://www.facebook....247874741985109

Not exactly an official announcement then...

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts

No and that Facebook page isn't official either. It's a bit 'I heard from a man down the pub' but I do know that Q1 2013 is the expected period we will see the update. Personally I don't care if it's end of January, February whatever. ICS works well.

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Devices:nexus 7
I'll agree that ics works well on osd but jb brought smoothness where there was none, should make this like lightning. :)

manishmalikkvs

manishmalikkvs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

I never said that it's an official confirmation of jb update. But the person he is talking about searched about him and found him working at xolo. Anyways, I just need the xolo camera improvement with this jb update otherwise I am quite satisfied with ics. And don't forget about the project butter butter. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users