Huawei Ascend G330. Successor or Epic Fail?

Guest Mrtransformer124

IF it's near £100 in the first quarter of 2013, it should be a big success imho.

at near £150 it has big competition from still better known brands (Samsung, HTC, Sony etc).

can we stop starting new topics on this please? theres 2 near front page already.

Edited by Smiff2

@0066ad, has the g330 been officialy released in ireland?

Just picked one up today, the guy i the store said they got them in stock 3 days ago.

The build quality on these phones looks fantastic, it's wider than the g300 and rounder

corners looks more like an iphone, also has a rubber back case.

512MB isn't generous but the G300 runs ICS, at least in its CM9 form, reasonably well in that much memory. If they take a bit of trouble over the software there's no reason for not to be usable.

Just picked one up today, the guy i the store said they got them in stock 3 days ago.

The build quality on these phones looks fantastic, it's wider than the g300 and rounder

corners looks more like an iphone, also has a rubber back case.

When you bought your G330 was it locked to network?

I'm thinking about get one from Meteor/emobile

When you bought your G330 was it locked to network?

I'm thinking about get one from Meteor/emobile

Got mine in meteor and it is locked, not sure about emobile

Guest experiment626

I just went for one of these after having 2 previous g300's , loved the g300 and the amount of development that went on with this handset.

With talk talk taking offering this handset it won't be long before other carriers pick up on it although the current reviews on the handset show the handset to be mediocre .I don't expect price will be sub 100 when it comes out on payg.

I also got a nexus 4 in the google play fiasco last month development initially was slow but there are quite a few custom roms / kernals appearing after about a month after general release, so expecting ( hoping) the g330 to goes the same way.

The g330 definitely needs the current software optimised for the hardware ........

Edited by experiment626